Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Forfeits Game To Beechwood

Featured Replies

Gotta figure out how to beat HC first....doesn't it feel like it's just time to start the tourney? With the district brackets set, these final games seem completely boring and irrelevant...I know that's stupid.... I'm just excited to get to the tourney...

I feel you, lets just cancel the rest of the season, and get it started.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me offer an apology for insinuating/concluding that Beechwood "turned in" CCH. That did not happen.

I think that if the inning totals for both pitchers are correct, then both teams must forfeit. In that case make cov cath 1-2 in districts, and Beechwood 2-1, and beechwood tying with holy cross for a blind draw, if that is how they do it with a two way tie. I personally think that the whole game should just be thrown out, and not count.

Neuman pitched 3 innings againist Holy Cross. And the ruling that I got from the link to the website was that if you pitch 3 innings you have to sit out 1 day starting the day after you pitch.

 

But he pitched the last inning in this game. It just doesnt make sence.

 

 

I just read the Post and you are correct in how it was reported. It said he pitched the last 3 innings.

 

Interesting.

Be sure of one thing, both Krumps and Myerhoff are fierce competitors who love and expect to win regardless of the scenarios, teams, or situations. They use small ball to get ahead and let pitching and defense win the games. They build pitching staffs that are full of depth and quality so many times it doesn't matter who is pitching. You don't win 20+ games year in and year out with their strength of schedule without a great pitching staff (of 4 or 5). It is very possible both made a mistake in the pitching, but highly unlikely either was intentional. They both have the same standards, the only difference is their personalities are on total opposite ends of the spectrum.

 

And Holy Cross might just be the best team out there.

Will the first CCH/Beechwood game be considered the seeding game or will they have to replay it?

Will the first CCH/Beechwood game be considered the seeding game or will they have to replay it?

I doubt the first one will count, only because it was not a scheduled game, but I am not certain. If I had to guess, I would say HC will get the #1 seed and BW and CCH will play in the first round.

I doubt the first one will count, only because it was not a scheduled game, but I am not certain. If I had to guess, I would say HC will get the #1 seed and BW and CCH will play in the first round.

 

 

So we are saying now that BOTH schools used an illegal pitcher, correct?

So we are saying now that BOTH schools used an illegal pitcher, correct?

 

Sherlock, is that you?:D;)

Sherlock, is that you?:D;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Sherlock, is that you?:D;)

 

Well, no one actually posted it so I thought I'd clarify it, Watson.

So we are saying now that BOTH schools used an illegal pitcher, correct?

What are the chances....huh?

Well, no one actually posted it so I thought I'd clarify it, Watson.

:thumb:

 

Nice hat...

I just got a call about what might happen. If BW and CCH were to forfeit this game, the standings in the district would look like this. Beechwood 3-1, HC 3-1, CCH 2-2, Holmes 0-4. Now with two teams tied at 3-1 they would go head to head, and since BW beat HC, they will get the # 1 seed....so everything is a wash. Sound right?

I just got a call about what might happen. If BW and CCH were to forfeit this game, the standings in the district would look like this. Beechwood 3-1, HC 3-1, CCH 2-2, Holmes 0-4. Now with two teams tied at 3-1 they would go head to head, and since BW beat HC, they will get the # 1 seed....so everything is a wash. Sound right?

 

If I'm CCH, I've probably got a problem with that.

 

BOTH teams used an illegal pitcher yet BW stands to benefit by it. However, I'd say that will probably be the solution.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.