Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Forfeits Game To Beechwood

Featured Replies

FF, I think he would have had they drawn CCH...that was his point I believe. Anyway, noone is arguing that BW doesn't deserve the forfeit win. We all respect BW...a rule is a rule...CC screwed up. Still...they won this one with key hit after key hit...not with some stud pitcher being abused or overused...

BTW, do you know the answer to my previous question re: BW staff this past weekend?

  • Replies 122
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that i do not understand is that Neuman the pitcher who got the final three outs in the 6th pitched 3 innings the previous days! Can someone explain that to me?

 

Also Coach Krumps did not do this on purpose. I think with the heart that his boys showed to come back and not get down, it would be a stab in the back to say that this game meant nothing to him to just throw it away.

 

Than just a question so did this game not even count, like all stats thrown away?

http://www.khsaa.org/forms/ba101.pdf

 

Here are the state rules for pitching rest.

 

I'm guessing that the pitcher in question pitched 7 innings on Saturday.

 

 

The rule states that if you pitch 3 innings you have to rest 1 day starting the next day. How come the rule doesnt apply to Neuman?

They still beat you guys... Show some class about the situation instead of throwing it in their face.

Show some class? I am respnding to his statement, how is that not showing class? :confused:

The rule states that if you pitch 3 innings you have to rest 1 day starting the next day. How come the rule doesnt apply to Neuman?

 

The kid didn't pitch on Sunday.

Here's the answer to whether or not Krumps had some ulterior motive: NO WAY. In the end, I don't think this will have an effect. One team is still going to have to beat the other to win the district, bottom line.

FF,

BTW, do you know the answer to my previous question re: BW staff this past weekend?

I can answer that, Chas went 4 innings Sat. Then the 1st game Sun was Cody Elliott, then the 2nd game was Chris Curley, then Yesterday was Pat Muth.

I can answer that, Chas went 4 innings Sat. Then the 1st game Sun was Cody Elliott, then the 2nd game was Chris Curley, then Yesterday was Pat Muth.

Thank you...I don't see Bob making this mistake.

Here's the answer to whether or not Krumps had some ulterior motive: NO WAY. In the end, I don't think this will have an effect. One team is still going to have to beat the other to win the district, bottom line.

You are right about that, why would CCH lose a game on purpose to play a team that beat them earlier in the year.....

And why in the world would Bob throw Curley in the 1st game on the Districts against the # 4 seed...:laugh: :laugh: Very humorous..

 

Well FF since both the district winner and loser move on to the region, why would CovCath want to take a chance on facing Beechwood and Curley in the first round? No, Curley won't face Holmes and no Curley won't face CovCath or Holy Cross in that district finals either. It won't matter as both move on......

 

Now, did Coach Krump do this on purpose, don't know, and even I don't think so, but.....stranger things have happened, and anyone who thinks Coach Krump doesn't understand the rules, doesn't understand how successful Coach has been at CovCath...

Thank you...I don't see Bob making this mistake.

A CCH fan told me that the CCH dugout was asking people when Stephens pitched last, how they wouldnt know is beyond me.

No, Well FF since both the district winner and loser move on to the region, why would CovCath want to take a chance on facing Beechwood and Curley in the first round? ...

Read post 26 and tell me if that makes sense...I'm not being rude, or Classless..as some people think, but it doesnt make sense for them to want to play HC.

Hey Old, fyi, I love Krumps and the CC program; but I gotta say, this was an error on the mgr. No way this was contrived. With that said, I agree that at this point in the situation...it's not the end of the world. Beechwood is the team to beat...whether that's the one and out first game of the district, or the one an out situation in the region...Krumps ain't playin for an appearance in the region. He intends to win it. It was an emotional game, he had every intention of letting Isler close...then made a quick decision with Isler's sudden elbow pain.

Read post 26 and tell me if that makes sense...I'm not being rude, or Classless..as some people think, but it doesn't make sense for them to want to play HC.

 

OK then, think about this..... I saw CovCath lose to HC twice, and I saw CovCath beat BW twice..... Now who do I think, or better yet, who would you rather play in that first game of the District.... BW and Curley or HC who even though they beat CovCath twice IMO aren't as good as BW.....

 

As Clint Eastwood would say, do you feel lucky, or would you rather play who you think you have a better chance against.....

 

Again not saying that Coach Krump did this but just playing a what if..........:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.