Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Forfeits Game To Beechwood

Featured Replies

OK then, think about this..... I saw CovCath lose to HC twice, and I saw CovCath beat BW twice..... Now who do I think, or better yet, who would you rather play in that first game of the District.... BW and Curley or HC who even though they beat CovCath twice IMO aren't as good as BW.....

Maybe BW is better, but they still have to beat a team that they lost to. I think it was a mental error, nothing more, nothing less.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree with TOG to this end: Beechwood is much, much better than any of the others I've seen. I'm not agreeing that it was planned, but, since we're having fun...I'll agree that if you're choosing your first round team....IT AIN'T BEECHWOOD...no matter how many times you lost to the others.

I'll agree that if you're choosing your first round team....IT AIN'T BEECHWOOD....

 

This just in.;)

I wrote a while ago, that the seeding would be just the opposite of the basketball seeding, and if I were CovCath, I would much rather take my chances of playing and beating Holy Cross in that first round game then the possibility of playing Beechwood and Curley......

 

Will it work? Did it happen this way? Don't think so, but it is sure fun to play the what if game.........:D :D :D

 

Basketball/Baseball

1. Holmes 4.

2. CovCath 3.

3. Cov Holy Cross 2.

4.Beechwood 1.

I wrote a while ago, that the seeding would be just the opposite of the basketball seeding, and if I were CovCath, I would much rather take my chances of playing and beating Holy Cross in that first round game then the possibility of playing Beechwood and Curley......

 

Will it work? Did it happen this way? Don't think so, but it is sure fun to play the what if game.........:D :D :D

 

Basketball/Baseball

1. Holmes 4.

2. CovCath 3.

3. Cov Holy Cross 2.

4.Beechwood 1.

I remeber that...dead on.:thumb:

I highly doubt a coach as heralded and seasoned as Krumps would make this mistake on purpose. And that's what it was, a mistake.

 

Now onto districts. BW will roll over Holmes, and CCH will have to play HC again. Good match-ups for both teams, even with HC beating CCH twice.

The kid didn't pitch on Sunday.

 

He pitched Monday vs. Holy Cross!!

I highly doubt a coach as heralded and seasoned as Krumps would make this mistake on purpose. And that's what it was, a mistake.

 

Now onto districts. BW will roll over Holmes, and CCH will have to play HC again. Good match-ups for both teams, even with HC beating CCH twice.

 

I agree, Krumps is much too respected of a coach. Ironically, if Meyerhoff had done this, not as many people would be defending him, although I still don't think any coach would think of this given they were losing heavily up until the last couple innings, and the pitcher got put in due to injury.

 

Myerhoff, loves to play mental games, but I still don't think even HE would do this on purpose. I definitely don't think Krumps did. Krumps is probalby pretty embarassed by the whole situation.

He pitched Monday vs. Holy Cross!!

How many innings?

Neuman pitched 3 innings againist Holy Cross. And the ruling that I got from the link to the website was that if you pitch 3 innings you have to sit out 1 day starting the day after you pitch.

 

But he pitched the last inning in this game. It just doesnt make sence.

...(one pitch equals one inning); ... (maximum 15 innings in any seven day period); Days Rest Required - Mandatory rest required for this appearance (3-5 innings = 1 day rest starting following day, 6 innings = 2 days rest starting following day, 7-9 innings = 3 days rest starting following day); Date Next Eligible To Pitch - list date following the required number of days rest.

 

If it was two or less....it doesn't appear to matter...

The paper and people that were at the Holy Cross game said it was 3 innings

The paper and people that were at the Holy Cross game said it was 3 innings

Frankly, I don't care that much...just checkin in while the Reds win one....but; it you're correct that it's three...then it doesn't make sense. Stephens threw 7 on Saturday, according to the rules...Sun, Mon, and Tuesday are his three he cannot pitch; if Neuman threw 3 on Monday, then he couldn't throw Tuesday...we must be wrong on his innings Monday. BTW Reds 9 the other team 6...

Frankly, I don't care that much...just checkin in while the Reds win one....but; it you're correct that it's three...then it doesn't make sense. Stephens threw 7 on Saturday, according to the rules...Sun, Mon, and Tuesday are his three he cannot pitch; if Neuman threw 3 on Monday, then he couldn't throw Tuesday...we must be wrong on his innings Monday. BTW Reds 9 the other team 6...

 

 

Haha thats great. Yeah the Colonels will just have to face the Tigers in hopefully both Championships the 35th District and the 9th Region finals.

Haha thats great. Yeah the Colonels will just have to face the Tigers in hopefully both Championships the 35th District and the 9th Region finals.

Gotta figure out how to beat HC first....doesn't it feel like it's just time to start the tourney? With the district brackets set, these final games seem completely boring and irrelevant...I know that's stupid.... I'm just excited to get to the tourney...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.