Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your "it's a small world" story

Featured Replies

Last week while in Ocean Isle, NC we traveled the 25 miles to N. Myrtle Beach to the Barefoot Landing to do some shopping. While in one of the shops a gentleman comes up to me (I had on a NewCath softball shirt...what else would I be wearing :lol2:) and asks if that was for Newport Catholic. When I said yes, he told me he was born in Newport, but now lives in Florence, Ky and come to find out I've delivered to his house before.

 

It wasn't until two days later while texting PurplePride, that I found out he was at the Barefoot Landing the same day.

Went to Panama Beach (quite) a few years ago. I went into a Gentlemen's Club establishment for some beers. I was an interim high school principal at the time. In walks two of my students, they were underage by the way.

 

I got out of there before they could see me. You'd think you wouldn't have to worry about that 1000 miles from home. Never failed, had to always be on my best behavior. Not anymore, though:banana:

I was in Las Vegas w/ friends and we were getting a bite to eat at Jimmy Buffet's. I heard someone ask "Is that Mexitucky (but using my real name obviously)?" I turn around and it is an ex-girlfriend w/ her now husband. It was a pretty awkward conversation for he and I.

Due to the fact that I was born with heart issues, I spent a lot of time as a baby in the Children's Hospital cardiology unit. Fast forward 25 years and come to find my wife's grandma was a nurse at Children's Hospital in the cardiology unit at the time. So my wife's grandma took care of me when I was a baby.

I went back to my hometown (600 miles away)for my yearly visit, and went to a baseball game that one of my friends was coaching. At the ballpark, I ran into an umpire who had a son that I played baseball and football with through middle and high school. I asked about his son and come to find out he was now living in Northern Ky about 10 miles away from me..neither one of us even had a clue we were living so near to each other.

  • Author
Went to Panama Beach (quite) a few years ago. I went into a Gentlemen's Club establishment for some beers. I was an interim high school principal at the time. In walks two of my students, they were underage by the way.

 

I got out of there before they could see me. You'd think you wouldn't have to worry about that 1000 miles from home. Never failed, had to always be on my best behavior. Not anymore, though:banana:

 

I'm sure this was for educational purposes only. :whistling:

I don't have a great one of those for myself, but I do know that this one happened:

 

One of my college roommates was walking out of the terminal at the airport in Dublin, Ireland a few years ago. Crossing the street in the other direction right in front of him was my parents, who were heading back from their own trip.

I go to West Palm Beach and stay at my cousins condo a couple times a year and his neighbor used to own a couple bars in Covington.

When I lived in Germany, my mom went to visit a friend across town. My mom's friend told my mom before she visited, "Please do not talk to the old lady next door; she loves to talk English and will speak forever!" My mom visited her friend and talked to the old lady next door. That random old lady in Germany had lived and worked in the same town that my mother grew up in, and had actually cut my uncle's brother's hair years before. Crazy.

 

 

Another good story but is before I was born. My parents got married in 1987. One of their neighbors could not make the wedding because she was out of town. My parents went on their honeymoon in Hawaii, and were kayaking in the ocean. Off a random beach in the ocean, they passed the neighbor who missed the wedding who was kayaking in the opposite direction.

Mrs C and I were in a bar in Lawrenceburg about a year or so ago. The Illini had just played and we stopped in for a couple of beers.

 

Guy on the other side of the bar sees us in our Illini gear and comes over to talk to us. Where you from, where'd you grow up, all the normal questions.

 

Turns out he was about 7 years older than us. He grew up one neighborhood away from where Mrs C grew up, and had dated Mrs C's baby sitter from when she was a kid.

I've seen so many folks or common acquaintances during my travels my buddies used to say, "you can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting somebody you know". Certain areas, like Myrtle beach or Hilton Head are hot spots for local NKY'ers so not shocked to see someone there.

That being said, I was in cab in Chicago and saw a buddy of mine from Oklahoma standing on the street corner. We both looked at each other with this really odd look and he called me to confirm it was me.

Went to the restroom earlier and looked down.

Went to the restroom earlier and looked down.

 

That was a short story.

That was a short story.

 

Yes, it's a very small school. We don't even have a basketball team.

Due to the fact that I was born with heart issues, I spent a lot of time as a baby in the Children's Hospital cardiology unit. Fast forward 25 years and come to find my wife's grandma was a nurse at Children's Hospital in the cardiology unit at the time. So my wife's grandma took care of me when I was a baby.

 

That story gave me chills. Thanks for sharing it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.