Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Prosecutor Attempts to Block Autopsy Report

Featured Replies

Apparently. If it is what I'm thinking, then I don't think it's very logical and you seem like a pretty rational person.

 

I've spelled it out clear. I don't know why you keep referring to past cop actions. It clearly has nothing to do with the point I stated.

 

1. If cops commit crimes prosecute and put then in jail .

 

2. It does not mean the DA should come off as having an agenda or railroading the department.

 

3. If two happens it will affect future working relationships between DA and the police.

 

4. Two and three have nothing to do with what you keep saying.

There is a rule of law and

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've spelled it out clear. I don't know why you keep referring to past cop actions. It clearly has nothing to do with the point I stated.

 

1. If cops commit crimes prosecute and put then in jail .

 

2. It does not mean the DA should come off as having an agenda or railroading the department.

 

3. If two happens it will affect future working relationships between DA and the police.

 

4. Two and three have nothing to do with what you keep saying.

There is a rule of law and

 

 

1. Agree. That didn't necessarily happen in the past though, so they're already off to a bad start.

 

2. Agree.

 

3. Agree.

 

4. Think you accidentally hit submit too quick. To the first sentence, I'm not sure exactly why they have 'nothing' to do with what I'm saying. I would say that because of #1 , she now has to come off as tough or else. She didn't just wake up in that position all of her own volition.

 

Talking about her 'railroading' officers, when you look at her record, is just misinformed. Railroading is finding someone who is innocent guilty. You haven't even denied that they should be prosecuted, as you mentioned in that same post.

Joker I get the point that your trying to make, and your point would be valid if not for one simple issue. Moseby has only been prosecutor for five months. The number of cases of alleged police misconduct that were settled in civil courts that she would have chosen not to prosecute would be few, and most likely none at all.

 

I think you, Bash, and I all agree that her future relations w/ police are damaged. I would submit that her public comments, prior to, during the election, and since have served to set the tone for this problem. Her actions since have only served to seal the fate of that discord. Your point about a high number of allegations of abuse not being prosecuted is probably a big part of the reason Mosbey was elected.

 

The losers in all of this will be the people of Baltimore. I read this morning that the number of homicides in the city for the month of May was adjusted down to 42, as one was deemed to have been a justified killing. Yes I said 42 murders in one month!

 

On a side note. I have spent a little time in Baltimore and there is not enough money in the world to make me want to live there.

Joker I get the point that your trying to make, and your point would be valid if not for one simple issue. Moseby has only been prosecutor for five months. The number of cases of alleged police misconduct that were settled in civil courts that she would have chosen not to prosecute would be few, and most likely none at all.

 

I think you, Bash, and I all agree that her future relations w/ police are damaged. I would submit that her public comments, prior to, during the election, and since have served to set the tone for this problem. Her actions since have only served to seal the fate of that discord. Your point about a high number of allegations of abuse not being prosecuted is probably a big part of the reason Mosbey was elected.

 

The losers in all of this will be the people of Baltimore. I read this morning that the number of homicides in the city for the month of May was adjusted down to 42, as one was deemed to have been a justified killing. Yes I said 42 murders in one month!

 

On a side note. I have spent a little time in Baltimore and there is not enough money in the world to make me want to live there.

 

Let's also not forget that she was the assistant DA before this, and that she's still had chances in her four months to prosecute that she didn't take. Even if you give her a pass on her time as an assistant, the point that the police officers are the ones doing more damage to their reputations and working relationships still stands-- that's what happens in cases where there's lots of egregious misconduct that escapes full prosecution.

Let's also not forget that she was the assistant DA before this, and that she's still had chances in her four months to prosecute that she didn't take. Even if you give her a pass on her time as an assistant, the point that the police officers are the ones doing more damage to their reputations and working relationships still stands-- that's what happens in cases where there's lots of egregious misconduct that escapes full prosecution.

 

42 murders in a month is what happens when "there's a lot of egregious misconduct that escapes full prosecution"...look at the other side of that same coin. Societal, not a police issue

42 murders in a month is what happens when "there's a lot of egregious misconduct that escapes full prosecution"...look at the other side of that same coin. Societal, not a police issue

 

Apples to oranges. Out of scope comparison.

 

The point I'm making is that we can probably pump the breaks on the poor PD being victimized here. They've done a good job of harmful PR on their own.

Apples to oranges. Out of scope comparison.

 

The point I'm making is that we can probably pump the breaks on the poor PD being victimized here. They've done a good job of harmful PR on their own.

 

You mean like attempting to manage mobs that are setting the city on fire ? If I have a prosecutor coming at me full on because I attempted to curtail crime, then I probably have a little work slow down as well.

 

I hope the good people of Baltimore understand what they have elected and the consequences for pulling that lever....looks like the chickens have come home to roost in MD>

You mean like attempting to manage mobs that are setting the city on fire ? If I have a prosecutor coming at me full on because I attempted to curtail crime, then I probably have a little work slow down as well.

 

I hope the good people of Baltimore understand what they have elected and the consequences for pulling that lever....looks like the chickens have come home to roost in MD>

 

No, in the police's case, I was meaning more like the $6.3 million in lawsuits that the city has paid out since 2011, more that. Or like the $250K and $50K suits they settled in the past two weeks. That's more of what I was going for.

 

Most people don't understand what Tort Reform has really done in some areas. Those figures are over 100+ cases they'd lost or settled.

 

Don't know what your last sentence really means, so yea... whatever I guess.

That should make the people of Baltimore feel good knowing that their top legal person cannot even file a motion in the correct court. Whether you like this prosecutor or not politically, she is in over her head as an attorney.

On Megyn Kelly tonight they are reporting that the police were in this specific area at Ms. Mosby's direction with instructions to make arrests. First she said the knife was legal, it wasn't, then shhe said the police had no reason to be in the area but they were there on her orders. Does that now make her culpable for what happened?

A judge has ruled against the requests to dismiss the charges as well as to have Ms Mosby removed.

A judge has ruled against the requests to dismiss the charges as well as to have Ms Mosby removed.

 

I would have been gobsmacked if that ruling came out any differently.

 

The rule on splitting up the cases (later today) and the eventual venue challenge (October?) will be interesting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.