Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Prosecutor Attempts to Block Autopsy Report

Featured Replies

Lets not act like the Baltimore PD has done the elected officials in the city tons of favors either. They've been getting their pants sued off for overstepping their bounds for sometime, and lots of those suits had some pretty damning evidence against the officers.

 

This was kind of a watershed moment that had been brewing for awhile. If she were a real cop-hater, she'd have had plenty of chances to really break one off in people well before this. There's likely tons of public pressure on her now because she didn't do just that often enough before.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets not act like the Baltimore PD has done the elected officials in the city tons of favors either. They've been getting their pants sued off for overstepping their bounds for sometime, and lots of those suits had some pretty damning evidence against the officers. This was kind of a watershed moment that had been brewing for awhile.

 

Who's saying otherwise ? You just have to be more intelligent when trying to keep a working relationship in any work environment.

 

If this is just a short stop in her political career it may not be a big deal

Who's saying otherwise ? You just have to be more intelligent when trying to keep a working relationship in any work environment.

 

If this is just a short stop in her political career it may not be a big deal

 

Added this to my post after you'd responded:

 

"If she were a real cop-hater, she'd have had plenty of chances to really break one off in people well before this. There's likely tons of public pressure on her now because she didn't do just that often enough before."

 

Probably not going to be very fair to six heads in a guillotine now, but this is the kind of thing that happens when there are, say, tons of burglaries in an area and the justice system decides to get tough on them. You don't want to be the person who gets caught once all the heat has really gotten on, even if you hadn't committed any of the previous ones.

Lets not act like the Baltimore PD has done the elected officials in the city tons of favors either. They've been getting their pants sued off for overstepping their bounds for sometime, and lots of those suits had some pretty damning evidence against the officers. This was kind of a watershed moment that had been brewing for awhile.

 

If this post is directed at my comments, keep in mind that I think that something really bad went down the day Freddie Gray died...and I think some of the cops may very well be at fault and should be punished. I also think the mayor and prosecutor have handled things terribly since. Telling the police to stand down as parts of the city were destroyed by rioters and not calling in the National Guard sooner were big mistakes by the mayor. The way the prosecutor has handled things shows she may be in over her head. The press conference she had while the investigation was just getting started, asking for a gag order and now not being cooperative with the police has IMO already poisoned her future relationship with the police. I am not saying the police are totally innocent here at all but she has gone out of her way to harm future relations with them...

If this post is directed at my comments, keep in mind that I think that something really bad went down the day Freddie Gray died...and I think some of the cops may very well be at fault and should be punished. I also think the mayor and prosecutor have handled things terribly since. Telling the police to stand down as parts of the city were destroyed by rioters and not calling in the National Guard sooner were big mistakes by the mayor. The way the prosecutor has handled things shows she may be in over her head. The press conference she had while the investigation was just getting started, asking for a gag order and now not being cooperative with the police has IMO already poisoned her future relationship with the police. I am not saying the police are totally innocent here at all but she has gone out of her way to harm future relations with them...

 

 

Was just a general observation on the overall theme of the thread.

 

Politicians are going to pander to whoever is going to get them elected.

 

I don't think the prosecutor is someone who goes out of her way to go at the police's throats because she can, but that's how she's being portrayed now.

 

Look back at many of the suits that the city has paid out for police brutality and see how many of the officers who had the city pay for their ignorance ended up successfully prosecuted and that should tell everyone plenty about what a "cop hater" she really is.

 

The Baltimore PD has done plenty to damage their image and the way that politicians have to interact with them in the public eye now, and they've did plenty of that on their own... that one is on them.

 

I'm guessing they weren't hating her when she wasn't prosecuting them on brutality cases.

Added this to my post after you'd responded:

 

"If she were a real cop-hater, she'd have had plenty of chances to really break one off in people well before this. There's likely tons of public pressure on her now because she didn't do just that often enough before."

 

Probably not going to be very fair to six heads in a guillotine now, but this is the kind of thing that happens when there are, say, tons of burglaries in an area and the justice system decides to get tough on them. You don't want to be the person who gets caught once all the heat has really gotten on, even if you hadn't committed any of the previous ones.

 

Again even if everything you say here is true , it doesn't change my point. The DA needs a positive working relationship with the police force. That is not to say she shouldn't prosecute . But it is to say you can't come off as if you are railroading them. If they feel you have an agenda it could damage the relationship.

 

Please don't respond with another post about what the cops did wrong that had nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm speaking specifically about the future working relationship of this DA and the police force.

Again even if everything you say here is true , it doesn't change my point. The DA needs a positive working relationship with the police force. That is not to say she shouldn't prosecute . But it is to say you can't come off as if you are railroading them. If they feel you have an agenda it could damage the relationship.

 

Please don't respond with another post about what the cops did wrong that had nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm speaking specifically about the future working relationship of this DA and the police force.

 

Well I guess if you throw out their past history of excessive force, large payouts on civil suits, and her decisions not to aggressively prosecute them then, then it would appear they are getting "railroaded" now.

 

I'm saying that the Baltimore PD has done plenty on their own to damage their working relationship with her, the public, anyone. Let's not forget that.

Well I guess if you throw out their past history of excessive force, large payouts on civil suits, and her decisions not to aggressively prosecute them then, then it would appear they are getting "railroaded" now.

 

I'm saying that the Baltimore PD has done plenty on their own to damage their working relationship with her, the public, anyone. Let's not forget that.

 

Again I'm not disagreeing with that. You just choose to ignore my point. That is fine if that's what you want to do. But I don't know why you quote me then.

 

To act like the DA hasn't done some age of her own is just silly.

Again I'm not disagreeing with that. You just choose to ignore my point. That is fine if that's what you want to do. But I don't know why you quote me then.

 

To act like the DA hasn't done some age of her own is just silly.

 

I'm just unsure what your point is.

I'm just unsure what your point is.

 

It's been pretty clear.

 

If she comes off as having an agenda or being over aggressive in prosecuting the cops instead of being unbiased and fair, it will hurt her future working relationship with police.

It's been pretty clear.

 

If she comes off as having an agenda or being over aggressive in prosecuting the cops instead of being unbiased and fair, it will hurt her future working relationship with police.

 

I understand that, but I think the police have done more than their share of damaging that future relationship. It's not like this is something that's just on her.

 

If they'd kept their own house in order, she wouldn't be having to come down on them now. She's passed opportunities to in the past, but now the number of lawsuits have built, the public is calling for blood, and she's a politician... this shouldn't be some big surprise.

I understand that, but I think the police have done more than their share of damaging that future relationship. It's not like this is something that's just on her.

 

If they'd kept their own house in order, she wouldn't be having to come down on them now. She's passed opportunities to in the past, but now the number of lawsuits have built, the public is calling for blood, and she's a politician... this shouldn't be some big surprise.

 

Again the point you are making has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

 

If a cop deserves to be prosecuted she should prosecute them . So if cops did something to deserve it then she is doing what she is suppose to.

 

It's not that she is prosecuting it's the manner in which she is doing it which could be the issue.

 

Your points have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Again the point you are making has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

 

If a cop deserves to be prosecuted she should prosecute them . So if cops did something to deserve it then she is doing what she is suppose to.

 

It's not that she is prosecuting it's the manner in which she is doing it which could be the issue.

 

Your points have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

 

Well, I agree if you are saying that they should have been prosecuted in the past.

 

That didn't happen though and society doesn't operate in a vacuum.

 

To ignore the past and just look at this event in isolation is like saying, "wow, those French people really took it too far for killing Marie Antoinette just because she said 'let them eat cake'."

Well, I agree if you are saying that they should have been prosecuted in the past.

 

That didn't happen though and society doesn't operate in a vacuum.

 

To ignore the past and just look at this event in isolation is like saying, "wow, those French people really took it too far for killing Marie Antoinette just because she said 'let them eat cake'."

 

I really think you are having trouble grasping what I'm saying.

I really think you are having trouble grasping what I'm saying.

 

Apparently. If it is what I'm thinking, then I don't think it's very logical and you seem like a pretty rational person.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.