Pelicans hire Alvin Gentry

Gentry has one winning season under his belt. New Orleans had improved by 18 wins in the past two seasons. Lateral move at best, not exactly a homerun hire. If they swing and miss AD likely leaves.

I think it is a downgrade.

Gentry has one winning season under his belt. New Orleans had improved by 18 wins in the past two seasons. Lateral move at best, not exactly a homerun hire. If they swing and miss AD likely leaves.

Who is the AD at New Orleans:)??

This can't be. Remember, Coach Cal was going to be the Pelicans next HC....:confused:

I made that statement over a month before they fired Williams. I will admit i was wrong, but it made sense. He is better than Gentry. How an ownership group can fire Williams and then settle for hiring Gentry is beyond me. They needed a home run hire to keep A.D.. This is not a homerun hire, it is closer to a strikeout.

I made that statement over a month before they fired Williams. I will admit i was wrong, but it made sense. He is better than Gentry. How an ownership group can fire Williams and then settle for hiring Gentry is beyond me. They needed a home run hire to keep A.D.. This is not a homerun hire, it is closer to a strikeout.

If AD is smart, he doesn't sign and goes back home to play for da Bulls.