Roomba

kygirl

Just an update on my initial viewing of the Roomba. It is pretty cool & does a great job on carpet & wood floors. The best way to set it up is to plug it in overnight then do one room at a time using the virtual wall. It is a hoot when it docks & make sure the docking is in a clear path because it uses an infrared sensor.

We have one, and although we use it, and it is fair, if one has to choose, I would invest the money in a good vacuum (we have two Dyson's as well) instead. The Roomba is clearly picking up dirt and dog hair, but it has a small reservoir, so I need to stop it and empty it before it finishes a room. I read recently that cleaning a house with multiple dogs is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos.

I bought one of the 1st versions about 8-10 years ago. It is pretty unbelievable on Hardwood floors. On carpet it's crap. The carpet will wear down the battery pretty quickly and leaves debris behind. But on Hardwood floors it works very good. It's amazing what it will pickup. I would recommend it for a hardwood floor owner for sure...

• 2 years later...

We just replaced carpet with about 1500 sq foot of wood flooring. Just wanting to revisit this subject and see what others make think of their Roomba's when it comes to cleaning hard flooring instead of carpet.

Yes or No on a Roomba for wood floors?

We just replaced carpet with about 1500 sq foot of wood flooring. Just wanting to revisit this subject and see what others make think of their Roomba's when it comes to cleaning hard flooring instead of carpet.

Yes or No on a Roomba for wood floors?

Yes for wood floors :thumb: