Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

$700K instead of college classes?

Featured Replies

Athletes won't get a break anymore? Is this for football as well?

Yes...

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this league can do what the claim - how much of an affect will this hurt College BBall.

I don't see how this can work as a business. We follow high school kids now because we want to know where they are going to college - especially if they are coming to "our" college. With that removed I just do not see fans forking over money to watch them before they go to the NBA.

 

Maybe European fans will but not US.

I have a feeling this guy will essentially pay this as an investment into an athletes career. I bet he'd get a cut from every paycheck his players make in the NBA. That's the only way this will be viable

I don't think there would be many One and Done type guys that will turn down an offer like this... Why would you?

 

Nope. Sure wouldn't and if my kid was a Mickey D All American and expected to go pro after one year he would play for this team.

No proven product what if it fails?

 

They still get paid more than they would in college.......

I don't see how this can work as a business. We follow high school kids now because we want to know where they are going to college - especially if they are coming to "our" college. With that removed I just do not see fans forking over money to watch them before they go to the NBA.

 

Maybe European fans will but not US.

 

NBA TV will televise the games and if the names playing are big enough people will watch it.

If I'm a player, I worry about the strings attached later. Vegas has a stench.

NBA TV will televise the games and if the names playing are big enough people will watch it.

 

Good luck getting these guy to play together . People want to complain about college games. These games will be unwatchable.

Good luck getting these guy to play together . People want to complain about college games. These games will be unwatchable.

 

Really depends on how it is set up long term. Do the folks at Findlay Prep say screw it and become the feeder system for this franchise? That would be a game changer with one local move alone.

 

These guys are more willing to play together than ever with the large number of camps, all star games and involvement with USA Basketball.

 

It isn't the major stretch some thing. If it can be sold to the large hoops community in Vegas, it could work. We'll see...

Remember the academic standards get absurdly tough starting with the 2016 class. Something like 43% of the D1 freshmen from the 2014 class would have been ineligible under the new rules. There will be enough high end guys looking for something and this would be a great fit...

 

What are the new standards? I must have missed those somewhere.

They still get paid more than they would in college.......

 

They have one year to showcase their skills to hit the lotto...

No proven product what if it fails?

 

These are all 1 year contracts? If it fails, then they would attempt to enter the NBA at the next draft. I don't see a financial downside BESIDES not giving scouts enough tape and possibly affecting their draft status. Of course, that is a double sided sword. How many guys look like lottery picks entering college and then are surpassed by their own teammates?

I have a feeling this guy will essentially pay this as an investment into an athletes career. I bet he'd get a cut from every paycheck his players make in the NBA. That's the only way this will be viable

 

Yep, a way to build a client base.

I'd have to think shoe companies wouldn't be thrilled by this, right? They want those kids on ESPN as often as possible and that is done by having them at Kansas, UK, UNC, Duke, and etc.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.