Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

$700K instead of college classes?

Featured Replies

So what kids from this class do we think he's going to steal from the college ranks?

 

Thon Maker?

Malik Newman?

Cheick Diallo?

Skal?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Also willing to pay $400K for underclassmen...I'd guess there would be a line for those positions, player gets in trouble then he can just run to Vegas.

If the platoon system hurt UK in recruiting this year how is this going to help these kids draft status if they have to share minutes.

  • Author
If the platoon system hurt UK in recruiting this year how is this going to help these kids draft status if they have to share minutes.

But platooning didn't hurt draft status, just recruiting. I could see 6-8 studs on the team at a time...maybe even a second team if it took off.

Smells like AAU.......(at the college level)

The real question is, would you sell your college degree for 700K?

The real question is' date=' would you sell your college degree for 700K?[/quote']

 

Why is it one or the other?

Why is it one or the other?

 

I don't really understand what you mean. I was asking if anyone on this board would trade their college education for 700k. Every record of you getting a degree would be gone and you would have 700K deposited into your bank account.

I don't really understand what you mean. I was asking if anyone on this board would trade their college education for 700k. Every record of you getting a degree would be gone and you would have 700K deposited into your bank account.

 

But could I go back later and get my degree?

But could I go back later and get my degree?

 

With over half a mil in your pocket to pay for it...

I think it is great that an 18 year old kid who is very talented in ANYTHING has an opportunity to be paid very well in his/her chosen profession right away. If a hockey player, baseball player, tennis player or actor or singer can be paid a bunch right out of high school, why not basketball players. It amazes me that the NBA can get away with the one year deal from a legal standpoint.

This seems like something that could be a really good idea, but I'm not sure that Vegas is the ideal place to make it happen.

 

I get the benefits, but say it works well enough that he gets 10 of the top 30 players in each class. I can't imagine a league like the NBA being thrilled with so many guys having those kinds of ties to Vegas.

 

When I initially saw this, I thought of it as something where they get access to a player that continues into his pro career and then really profit by using that for gambling. Being the first to know about a guy tweaking an ankle or something like that would be huge for manipulating gambling lines.

 

If you want to get really nefarious with it, what happens if a star gets out in Vegas and does something bad that is kept hush during his stay. Think that anyone might later decide to use that as a means to extort the play later on down the road, maybe past just giving up inside info and going all the way to shaving some points or even throwing a game?

  • Author

All of that can happen anywhere these days, doesn't have to be in Vegas.

All of that can happen anywhere these days, doesn't have to be in Vegas.

 

I think it'd be much, much easier in Vegas. Most big time and/or professional gamers live there just because it's one of the few places you can legally bet on sports and really the only one that you can do so to such an extent and in a regulated way.

 

It's pretty deeply engrained in the culture of the city, and along with the all-night lifestyle, parties, clubs, etc., I could see it leading to problems for someone that young who has just been handed such a salary.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.