Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Sweet 16

Featured Replies

Taylor Co

Dunbar

Central

Ballard

Bowling Green

  • Replies 54
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I think Covcath is the favorite coming in to next season in the 9th, I think they are a year away from legitimately competing for a state title again.

 

The 9th overall is down next season so that's not a knock on the Colonels. But the following year, they (Covcath) are absolutely loaded.

 

Things could change over the summer, however, if they pick up a transfer that I heard about months ago.

I wish Mason Co. Had that opportunity to pick up a transfer whenever you need one! How do schools do that?

I wish Mason Co. Had that opportunity to pick up a transfer whenever you need one! How do schools do that?

 

Hasn't Mason benefitted from kids transferring in during the younger years? Don't remember where I heard it, but wasn't Darius Miller from a neighboring town/county? Same with the Setty's? (I could be wrong on names but seem to remember someone telling me about the kids who have ended up at Mason Co over the years)

1. Bowling Green

2. Taylor County

3. Apollo

4. Dunbar

5. Covington Catholic

 

My order is a little different, but those are my 5 teams as well.

Apollo will have 3 kids with legit D1 offers in Ben Moss(EKU),Eli Wright(Indiana,TN,MIA,etc.) & Trace Young(WKU,Wright St,etc.). If they can get some front court size they could be a treat to win it all.

FC won't win district much less region.

FC won't win district much less region.

 

I mentioned some would be surprise picks, and of course BE is the favorite returning 4 starters for the region and they do come from the same district. But FC returns 4 starters also and three will be sophomores versus freshmen this season. The two teams played competitive games last year so to expect a potential upset from FC is not out of the question. FC could very well be a season away from being the favorite, but I am sure the BE coaches at least have an eye on their district rival as one of the few that could become a threat to what should be their year to be the heavy favorite to win the 6th region again.

Region 1 favorite will be Murray. Tilghman right behind them.

No particular order:

 

Bowling Green

Taylor County

Dunbar

Lou. Central

Apollo

CovCath

Taylor Co.

Apollo

Ballard

Dunbar

Cov Cath

 

I also think Fern Creek is going to have a very good ball club this year.

Surprisingly, I also think Region 2 will be closer than expected, but the region winner will still come from the Hopkinsville area, all 3 teams should be good.

Hopkinsville will be reloaded. Christian County also has some nice youngsters coming up.

12th - Wayne County

13th - Clay County

14th - Hazard

15th - Lawrence County

16th - Elliott County

Apollo will have 3 kids with legit D1 offers in Ben Moss(EKU),Eli Wright(Indiana,TN,MIA,etc.) & Trace Young(WKU,Wright St,etc.). If they can get some front court size they could be a treat to win it all.

 

They just didn't look very good when I saw them last year (though I think that was pre-Young). It sounds like they'll have the talent, but something else is going to have to change from what I witnessed last year if they are going to be a serious threat.

Hopkinsville will be reloaded. Christian County also has some nice youngsters coming up.

 

Unless Hopkinsville adds transfers, Christian County will have the best team in the 2nd and the region MVP in Tyrik Edwards. Tyrik lit up every team he played at the AAU state tournament this weekend. Plus County could be adding a player I've heard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.