Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Sweet 16

Featured Replies

I think 6'10" Atilola will be the key to watch for Hoptown. If he can continue improving and make a difference down low, I will still choose Hoptown to win the 2nd. If not, then I think Christian County or UHA will take the 2nd.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think 6'10" Atilola will be the key to watch for Hoptown. If he can continue improving and make a difference down low, I will still choose Hoptown to win the 2nd. If not, then I think Christian County or UHA will take the 2nd.

 

For reference...I feel like he's closer to 6'8"

 

11206118_1116013118424586_3587947836950721030_n.jpg

maybe your right...I feel he was 4 or 5 inches taller than Matlock. I know he's the biggest kid Hoptown has had in quite sometime.

1st - Murray

2nd - Hoptown

3rd - Apollo

4 - BG

5 - Taylor County

6 - Bullitt East

7 - Ballard

8 - Owen County

9 - Cov Cath

10 - Campbell County

11 - Lafayette

12 - Mercer County (until everyone's transfers arrive over the summer)

13 - Clay County

14 - Perry County Central

15 - Lawrence County

16 - Morgan County

maybe your right...I feel he was 4 or 5 inches taller than Matlock. I know he's the biggest kid Hoptown has had in quite sometime.

 

4-5" taller than Matlock would put him right at 6'8"-6'9"

 

That being said though, he is a legitimate big man and I said the same thing you just said...I don't recall Hoptown having a legit big man in quite some time.

The only thing I worry about with Boyle County is who will score the points?

 

Depends on who earns their way onto the court. The battle for playing time starts in June.

Apollo had some gelling issues in Coach Barkers first season. If you take a look at their schedule it seems they played up or down to the comp they faced. Losing to Hoptwn 74-72,Owensboro 62-61. Henderson 65-60. Bowling Green 63-57. Boyle Co & Manual blew them out. Those two are a little more understandable then Daviess Co & South Warren. But Apollo did beat Owensboro in the District Finals. I really think a lot of Owensboro fans sighed with relief when the Eagles were upset in the 3rd Region semi's. Apollo returns almost everybody and I will be shocked if they aren't a top 10 team most of next year.

Edited by red and black attack

That's easy. Bryce Sloan is a tenacious scorer. Dario and Josiah are both capable of putting up double figures every night. The problem I see in Boyle is that they do not have a Chapman Bean sort of player right now.

 

Love Bryce Sloan and wish he was still at GC, but don't think he is going to be a "tenacious scorer" next year at the varsity level. Boyle will REALLY trouble scoring the ball, and should dump it down to Elkins every trip down, and let him decide who he kicks it back out to. Josiah Robbins will lead the team.

Love Bryce Sloan and wish he was still at GC, but don't think he is going to be a "tenacious scorer" next year at the varsity level. Boyle will REALLY trouble scoring the ball, and should dump it down to Elkins every trip down, and let him decide who he kicks it back out to. Josiah Robbins will lead the team.

 

Bryce Slone will have a fine career at Boyle County and I expect him to end up as a 1K point scorer at Boyle County if he works his way into the starting lineup to begin the season. Boyle County will improve with each game and it will be interesting to see where they are at in February with a sea of new faces in the lineup next season.

Apollo had some gelling issues in Coach Barkers first season. If you take a look at their schedule it seems they played up or down to the comp they faced. Losing to Hoptwn 74-72,Owensboro 62-61. Henderson 65-60. Bowling Green 63-57. Boyle Co & Manual blew them out. Those two are a little more understandable then Daviess Co & South Warren. But Apollo did beat Owensboro in the District Finals. I really think a lot of Owensboro fans sighed with relief when the Eagles were upset in the 3rd Region semi's. Apollo returns almost everybody and I will be shocked if they aren't a top 10 team most of next year.

 

Last year was a puzzling year for Apollo. They came into the year with extremely high expectations and never really lived up to it. While they had some solid wins and played some good teams close, it just never came together for them. I thought they really started to peak in the tournament but ran into a 3 point making buzzsaw in Meade County. The Apollo team I saw vs OHS in the 9th district title game could play with any team in the state. The problem is, that Apollo team didnt show up very often.

 

Fast forward to this year and expectations will be even higher. Eli Wright is a Mr Basketball candidate and will have his pick of a very nice D1 school. Trace Young continues to improve. He already has several D1 offers on the table and i expect more will be coming his way. He should be much better with a full offseason at Apollo. Ben Moss is getting some mid major looks and is a very solid PG. Zach Hopewell is kind of the forgotten kid, but he can play. He was a big factor down the stretch for the Eagles last year.

 

On paper, based on across the board talent alone, Apollo should be ranked at the top or right near the top of KY. To make that ranking a reality on the court, they will have to put egos aside and come to play every single night. This team lacked that mentality last year and they are going to have to prove to me that they have it before i buy into them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.