6 Baltimore Officers Suspended Over Death of Prisoner

Clyde

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Serious question, how do you sever someone's spinal chord? I am not sure I know what that really means. I just assumed if something like that happened a person would be instantly dead and paralyzed, but that may be my own ignorance. It looked as if he was struggling in the videos we've seen with his arrest, but not what I would have thought a severed spine would do to someone.

So this same prisoner said last week that Gray was quiet and unresponsive, and now is claiming he was trying to injure himself? Hmm....that's not suspicious of a cover up at all.

Or maybe he said the former trying to make it look like the police injured Gray (like the guy that said Mike Brown had his hands up and was surrendering when he wasn't) and now he's telling the truth...his story can be looked at from both points of view.

I have no idea which is correct.

Or maybe he said the former trying to make it look like the police injured Gray (like the guy that said Mike Brown had his hands up and was surrendering when he wasn't) and now he's telling the truth...his story can be looked at from both points of view.

I have no idea which is correct.

One way benefits him, the other....not so much.

One way benefits him, the other....not so much.

Only if they have offered him something, which if so, will come out at some point. It just seems in most of these cases things aren't as contrived by the police as many automatically assume. Maybe in this case they are...we just don't know.

So this same prisoner said last week that Gray was quiet and unresponsive, and now is claiming he was trying to injure himself? Hmm....that's not suspicious of a cover up at all.

Also from the article, from the Baltimore Police Commissioner:

Batts has said officers violated policy by failing to properly restrain Gray. But the president of the Baltimore police union noted that the policy mandating seat belts took effect April 3 and was e-mailed to officers as part of a package of five policy changes on April 9, three days before Gray was arrested.

Gene Ryan, the police union president, said many officers aren’t reading the new policies – updated to meet new national standards – because they think they’re the same rules they already know, with only cosmetic changes. The updates are supposed to be read out during pre-shift meetings.

Seems pretty clear that the department's policy was not followed.

Two issues with the "new" claim by the prisoner:

1. Can a human being intentionally hit his head a)hard enough and b)often enough to paralyze himself and

2. Wouldn't his head be swollen and bloodied? Reports are that he looked fine when the truck doors were opened.

I still think the most logical explanation is that something happened when he was being chased or when he was caught.

Two issues with the "new" claim by the prisoner:

1. Can a human being intentionally hit his head a)hard enough and b)often enough to paralyze himself and

2. Wouldn't his head be swollen and bloodied? Reports are that he looked fine when the truck doors were opened.

I still think the most logical explanation is that something happened when he was being chased or when he was caught.

Especially given that he could not see him at any time.

At this point it dont matter what is shown. A video tape could come out of the guy doing it to himself and people would say the cops forged the tape.

It all comes down to people wanting to blame cops for everything and be able to give them a reason to loot and vandalize.

At this point it dont matter what is shown. A video tape could come out of the guy doing it to himself and people would say the cops forged the tape.

It all comes down to people wanting to blame cops for everything and be able to give them a reason to loot and vandalize.

Oversimplification.

Legitimate questions on this one. The police have already said nothing happened to him before he got in the truck so....what happened?

Autopsy will potentially help.

Don't let the actions of a small % of punks who loot divert your attention from where it should be.

Oversimplification.

Legitimate questions on this one. The police have already said nothing happened to him before he got in the truck so....what happened?

Autopsy will potentially help.

Don't let the actions of a small % of punks who loot divert your attention from where it should be.

IDK, I would hope the van didnt swerve and do it to him on purpose and I hope the un known stop they didnt beat the crap out of him.

We may not ever know.