Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is Dayton exempt from NCAA Tournament rules?

Featured Replies

They should just play the final four in Lexington every year. It would be a packed house no doubt, but would save a lot of Kentucky fans a ton of money on travel expenses.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a home court advantage, may as well let everyone do it if their home facility hosts tournament games.

 

In surroundings only. Benches are usually on the other side of the floor. Floor they are playing on is laid over floor they usually play on. Different baskets, Goals are brought in by NCAA. And the have to use one of the extra locker rooms, not their own

 

In surroundings only. Benches are usually on the other side of the floor. Floor they are playing on is laid over floor they usually play on. Different baskets, Goals are brought in by NCAA. And the have to use one of the extra locker rooms, not their own

 

By surroundings I assume you mean playing in their home arena, in their home town? You can change the court, the goals and nets, even the color of the seats. But that's a oretty big advantage. Anyone watching the game right now woukd have a hard time disputing that.

Nothing to look at here... Keep on moving. LOL.

LOL. The NCAA as a whole and the selection comitee is a complete joke.

 

I have nothing at all against Dayton, but the way the NCAA makes up rules as they go is hilarious.

  • Author
OH MY GOSH ITS A TRAVESTY AND WEVE FOUND A WAY TO GET INDIGNANT ON THE INTERNET.

 

Dayton's playing at home so that the NCAA can sell out the arena. How many people would be there if Boise and UCLA were playing tonight?

 

Please. The Dayton alum is upset. They are given an unfair advantage that nobody else is given. That is the only reason they advanced tonight. They even got the home team call at the end of the game.

^^^ Not a foul. Home team call? Maybe. Foul? No.

  • Author
^^^ Not a foul. Home team call? Maybe. Foul? No.

 

If that was Boise State vs. anyone else they call a foul there. Like Doug G. stated, they always call a foul in those situations.

If that was Boise State vs. anyone else they call a foul there. Like Doug G. stated, they always call a foul in those situations.

 

Debatable. Defender didn't create any contact. Shooter waited until the defender landed and then jumped into him. It was a good no-call.

Please. The Dayton alum is upset. They are given an unfair advantage that nobody else is given. That is the only reason they advanced tonight. They even got the home team call at the end of the game.

 

Advantage? Sure. We got to play at UD Arena.

 

What do you want me to do about it? I didn't seed the team with a No. 29 RPI on the 11 seed line; I didn't put UD in a play-in instead of one of the other two games involving an 11 seed.

 

I didn't make this call. Nobody at Dayton made this call. The NCAA made this call.

 

Your indignation is wasted on me.

Edited by Getslow

  • Author
Advantage? Sure. We got to play at UD Arena.

 

What do you want me to do about it? I didn't seed the team with a No. 29 RPI on the 11 seed line; I didn't put UD in a play-in instead of one of the other two games involving an 11 seed.

 

I didn't make this call. Nobody at Dayton made this call. The NCAA made this call.

 

Your indignation is wasted on me.

 

 

It wasn't directed at you.

What a horrible no call at the end of the game.

The refs acting like WWE refs takes away from the game.

The city has a long history of coming out to support NCAA tournament games there.

 

I understand but is it noticeably more so than any number of other sites that could be picked? My guess is there are any number of locations that could boast the same history.

 

 

I have no complaint as I like it being close. Several buddies seem to make it up there every year and really enjoy it. It could be it's proximity to Indy could be a factor also along with the ticket sales.

I understand but is it noticeably more so than any number of other sites that could be picked? My guess is there are any number of locations that could boast the same history.

 

I have no complaint as I like it being close. Several buddies seem to make it up there every year and really enjoy it. It could be it's proximity to Indy could be a factor also along with the ticket sales.

 

They might could boast the same history but Dayton was where the NCAA selected. And it hasn't appear that there were many other options. According to the linked article, however, it does appear Indianapolis is bidding against Dayton to host the First Four in 2018.

 

For NCAA's First Four, Dayton's gym a tourney gem

 

I will say this: I highly doubt that in 2003 the NCAA decided to choose Dayton Arena as the host site so that 12 years later the University of Dayton would get an advantage as a mediocre 11-seed against another 11-seed. Did they place them there to sell tickets this year? Maybe, but that event sells tickets well every year. And it you read the article above you will see that ~60% of all Division I schools are located with a reasonable driving distance of Dayton.

 

Finally, lets say the event was held at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis instead of Dayton. I'm guessing Dayton would have had a sizable home-ish advantage at that game, just like Kentucky will have today in Louisville and Duke will have tomorrow in Charlotte. You can't make everyone happy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.