Highlands vs Beechwood

Opener for both teams being played at Beechwood 3/23 @5pm. These two teams played each other in the Regionals last year with Highlands winning in 6, 10-0. Both bring back very talented teams. Should be a great match up.

Awe bull, can someone fix title? Fat fingers today. Sorry Beechwood!

Edited by tdyballgame
Title spelling

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opener for both teams being played at Beechwood 3/23 @5pm. These two teams played each other in the Regionals last year with Highlands winning in 6, 10-0. Both bring back very talented teams. Should be a great match up.

Awe bull, can someone fix title? Fat fingers today. Sorry Beechwood!

It will be interesting to see who the Tigers send to the hill. If Combs starts I do not see the score being 10-0 again. In fact, I believe Combs was hurt last year when Highlands put the hurt on BW. Lost some offense there as well. Should be a good game to get things started.

This early, starters only go 2-4 innings depending on pitch count. Suspect it will be close and pitching depth (not necessarily bullpens since you may see 2 or more starters get some innings) will be key.

Go Birds! Beat Tigers!

It will be interesting to see who the Tigers send to the hill. If Combs starts I do not see the score being 10-0 again. In fact, I believe Combs was hurt last year when Highlands put the hurt on BW. Lost some offense there as well. Should be a good game to get things started.

My guess is you will see multiple pitchers for both sides. Fieger probably gets the start, he should be the #1 this year. He is most consistent on the staff. Combs and Stringer will be other primary starters. We be interested to see if Tigers have found a SS. Offense will be loaded. Highlands is clear cut #1 , can BW establish #2 early?

I hope they have improved that field at Beechwood some.

Nope. In fact Varsity is not supposed to play home games this year. The varsity schedule I have, Beechwood, has the game at Highlands. JV plays Friday and Varsity on Monday... both at 5PM. Could be wrong, but that's what I was told.