Highlands vs Beechwood

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure HHS would have shown up in Ft Mitchell today. Was the field ready?

Maybe i should have used the sarcasm emoji in my original post.

From what i understand several hhs coaches and 30+ players were at their field today to ensure it would be ready for tomorrow. I highly doubt that many coaching staffs in NKY spend more time working on their field than JB and crew, along with help from parents.

Maybe i should have used the sarcasm emoji in my original post.

From what i understand several hhs coaches and 30+ players were at their field today to ensure it would be ready for tomorrow. I highly doubt that many coaching staffs in NKY spend more time working on their field than JB and crew, along with help from parents.

Definitely would have helped as I know for one that the amount of effort that is put into getting Highland Park ready for games is incredible. Coaches, players and parents go to great lengths to get that field ready to play. As do other programs with their own fields. CCH is one that comes to mind.

FWIT, please include the "s" on Highlands. I'm sure your fingers just passed over it but as you can see, to some of us, it's a pet peeve of ours.

Welcome to BGP! You'll learn fast I'm sure!:thumb:

It would take the Beechwood coaches' date=' the Highlands coaches and several construction companies to get Beechwood playable. It is not a nice field and no plans to make it better. Sad for us.[/quote']

So Monday's game will be in Fort Thomas ?

So Monday's game will be in Fort Thomas ?

I don't rule it out. It's dry, but just in lousy shape. Construction crews were to begin cutting into the field to make room for the new elementary gymnasium... but haven't yet. They have to little steel line markers, with flags, lining the outfield (unsafe). That is why we, Beechwood, was not to play any home games. But, KHsaa and now our schedule says home game. Go figure.

It would take the Beechwood coaches, the Highlands coaches and several construction companies to get Beechwood playable. It is not a nice field and no plans to make it better. Sad for us.

Didn't Beechwood just spend about 88,000 on that field a few years ago? (YES ... they did ... I was in a meeting with the Administration just the other day where the number came up). The whole thing where there are "no plans to make it better" is really getting OLD ... especially when the track team practices on a track that has 90 degree corners ... and a ton of missing rubber from the softball backstop, baseball backstop, etc .. not to mention the whole thing where the kids have to dodge baseballs just to run. So ... give it a break about "no plans to make it better" because a ton of money was shelled out for the field a very short time ago. There are other much more pressing needs than the baseball field.

I love our baseball team ... and everyone involved--and they deserve a little luck here in the near future ... the weather this year has been miserable for field prep ... Wednesday is the first day anyone attempted to do work on the field (that is not a shot at anyone ... weather, more weather, then a lot more weather ... plus the construction that was supposed to start). The entire team/coaches worked hard on Wednesday to get things rolling ... and as of this morning ... it looked pretty freaking serviceable to me.

The baseball team may get to play a few games on the field ... construction may get pushed back (it may not ... but it sounded like it would a few days back). Wouldn't surprise me to see a game or two end up back on the field.

Didn't Beechwood just spend about 88,000 on that field a few years ago? (YES ... they did ... I was in a meeting with the Administration just the other day where the number came up). The whole thing where there are "no plans to make it better" is really getting OLD ... especially when the track team practices on a track that has 90 degree corners ... and a ton of missing rubber from the softball backstop, baseball backstop, etc .. not to mention the whole thing where the kids have to dodge baseballs just to run. So ... give it a break about "no plans to make it better" because a ton of money was shelled out for the field a very short time ago. There are other much more pressing needs than the baseball field.

I love our baseball team ... and everyone involved--and they deserve a little luck here in the near future ... the weather this year has been miserable for field prep ... Wednesday is the first day anyone attempted to do work on the field (that is not a shot at anyone ... weather, more weather, then a lot more weather ... plus the construction that was supposed to start). The entire team/coaches worked hard on Wednesday to get things rolling ... and as of this morning ... it looked pretty freaking serviceable to me.

The baseball team may get to play a few games on the field ... construction may get pushed back (it may not ... but it sounded like it would a few days back). Wouldn't surprise me to see a game or two end up back on the field.

My kid goes there, and plays there. If there is a worse field.... I want to know about it. Ask all of the other teams and parents who has the worst field. Its an embarrassment. They are cutting into the field... DURING BASEBALL SEASON.... to make an elementary basketball gym. It was a sad field before, its a sad field now and it will be a worse field when they are done with the elementary gymnasium. Nuf said? Sorry to hurt your feelings.