Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DT Nick Fairley visiting with the Cincinnati Bengals on Wednesday

Featured Replies

The vast majority of his success IMO is a direct result of teaming up with Suh. I think he'll be a bust without him.

 

He's probably only going to get 6-8 mill a year. Suh is getting paid an average of 17 mill a year for comparison. I don't think the risk is all that high for the potential reward.

 

Let's just pray Geno can be more effective than last year. Dunlap, Fairley, hopefully an 80%-of-what-he-once-was Geno, and Gilberry would be a solid line. Fix the LB core up with a solid draft pick (it's slim at LB, though) or some more FA depth and you're fine in the trenches.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The vast majority of his success IMO is a direct result of teaming up with Suh. I think he'll be a bust without him.

 

Yeah it could have been because of Suh. However if Geno Atkins does get back to his old self, he was just as dominate as Suh and required double teams just as much as Suh. So he would have another great player next to him in Geno, if Geno is back to his old self. Now obviously if Geno is not back to his old self and the Bengals spend a lot of money on Fairley it could back fire. That is why I say it depends on what type of money they give him.

Why would you be disappointed?

 

A guy who not only beat the heck out of a woman, but then "allegedly" paid her off and threatened her to not testify? I don't believe that Mike Brown is going to invite that type of character back into the locker room after working so hard to eradicate it. Yes, he'll get another chance from someone, I just don't believe it will be the Bengals.

 

To be clear, I'm not at all against people getting 2nd chances, but I think Greg Hardy is a special kind of despicable.

 

=============================

 

I'd be fine with the Fairley signing, if he can be had for a decent value and not a crazy contract. He grades out well, but has struggled to stay on the field, and in spite of that, I'd take a chance on him.

I'd take Hardy all day everyday. He's a scumbag for sure, but the guy can play. Just win baby!

A guy who not only beat the heck out of a woman, but then "allegedly" paid her off and threatened her to not testify? I don't believe that Mike Brown is going to invite that type of character back into the locker room after working so hard to eradicate it. Yes, he'll get another chance from someone, I just don't believe it will be the Bengals.

 

To be clear, I'm not at all against people getting 2nd chances, but I think Greg Hardy is a special kind of despicable.

 

=============================

 

I'd be fine with the Fairley signing, if he can be had for a decent value and not a crazy contract. He grades out well, but has struggled to stay on the field, and in spite of that, I'd take a chance on him.

 

I appreciate hearing your perspective on Hardy, the person.

Fair enough....I'd pass. Heartily.

 

I remember people being unhappy about the selection of Jeremy Hill this year because of him sucker punching someone at a party. Yet as the year went on and he helped the team win, people seemed to be very happy with having him. I definitely get what your saying and respect your opinion. However when it comes to professional sports, it doesn't bother me as much if it looks bad on the franchise to sign a guy like that if it helps them win. Now obviously for high school or college teams I root for I have a different opinion of wanting guys like that.

  • Author
I remember people being unhappy about the selection of Jeremy Hill this year because of him sucker punching someone at a party. Yet as the year went on and he helped the team win, people seemed to be very happy with having him. I definitely get what your saying and respect your opinion. However when it comes to professional sports, it doesn't bother me as much if it looks bad on the franchise to sign a guy like that if it helps them win. Now obviously for high school or college teams I root for I have a different opinion of wanting guys like that.

 

We have discussed this before, Brown has lines in the sand, we just don't know where.

 

Remember the Reggie Nelson controversy:

 

Mike Florio of PFT and I are on exactly the same page here with Reggie Nelson AND Mike Brown. From PFT:

 

There’s enough information for Brown, if he wants to give any credence to his aversion to Hernandez, to investigate whether Nelson was involved. If, after all, the stuff that already was available to NFL teams three years ago made Brown turn up his nose at Hernandez, the possibility that Nelson at a minimum knows who was responsible for the shooting should be enough to alarm Brown — and to make him want to get to the bottom of it.

 

The first step, after getting acquainted with the basic facts, would be a meeting with Nelson. And if Brown believes Nelson is telling anything other than the truth, Brown should cut him.

 

Don’t hold your breath on any of that happening. But if Brown wants to pat himself on the back for not picking Hernandez, Brown needs to be willing to apply the same standard that kept Hernandez out of the organization to every other member of it.

 

Including the man who may have been present when Hernandez possibly committed his first shooting.

 

Mike Brown should have a sit-down with Reggie Nelson | ProFootballTalk

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-football-league/could-bengals-reggie-256898.html#post4720969

  • Author
A guy who not only beat the heck out of a woman, but then "allegedly" paid her off and threatened her to not testify? I don't believe that Mike Brown is going to invite that type of character back into the locker room after working so hard to eradicate it. Yes, he'll get another chance from someone, I just don't believe it will be the Bengals.

 

To be clear, I'm not at all against people getting 2nd chances, but I think Greg Hardy is a special kind of despicable.

 

=============================

 

I'd be fine with the Fairley signing, if he can be had for a decent value and not a crazy contract. He grades out well, but has struggled to stay on the field, and in spite of that, I'd take a chance on him.

 

MTGL, how do you compare the allegations surrounding Reggie Nelson vs. what Hardy did?

MTGL, how do you compare the allegations surrounding Reggie Nelson vs. what Hardy did?

 

Are you speaking of the witness that said he was with Hernandez when he killed a guy? Not good...but not in Hardy territory. If he is charged with something, I guess you revisit it then. He has been a model citizen here since arriving, so that should be noted.

 

I wouldn't sign Hardy under any circumstance, and I'm fairly certain they won't either.

  • Author

I am not pushing for Hardy, just making a point the Bengals aren't exactly Snow White when it comes to their roster.

I am not pushing for Hardy, just making a point the Bengals aren't exactly Snow White when it comes to their roster.

 

I didn't mean to imply they were, just that they worked to rid themselves of bad guys. Maybe they don't believe Reggie falls into that category. Again, I'm 100% all for dudes getting 2nd chances in most cases. Hardy is just a clear exception to that rule in my opinion.

Negatives:

 

He averages 12 games per year.

 

He was a top 15 pick yet Detroit decided not to extend his contract for a fifth year.

 

Detroit lost their stud DT to free agency and still didn't want Fairley back.

 

He will be overpriced.

 

Positives:

 

He's good enough to start for Cincinnati.

Negatives:

 

He averages 12 games per year.

 

He was a top 15 pick yet Detroit decided not to extend his contract for a fifth year.

 

Detroit lost their stud DT to free agency and still didn't want Fairley back.

He will be overpriced.

 

Positives:

 

He's good enough to start for Cincinnati.

 

The Bengals will not overpay and will only get him if he doesn't want his $$ guaranteed. The Bengals are on the very low end with signing bonuses but very fair in year to year salary. You play you earn it. Geathers got all of his 30M before being released because his contract was structured that way. Most players get the guarantee in mostly signing bonus and lose on the back end. Which is why they get cut when they probably could still play, Ngata is an example of that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.