Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DT Nick Fairley visiting with the Cincinnati Bengals on Wednesday

Featured Replies

They really have only two DT's that can play well, Atkins and Thompson. I think it is the most glaring need they have. Peko just doesn't have it anymore and Still seems to have other things on his mind and rightfully so. This would be huge upgrade.

 

They also have 6'6 340 pound Geathers.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather see the Bengals go after Knighton or Cody at DT.

They also have 6'6 340 pound Geathers.

 

Yep that doesn't seem to be an answer.

Yep that doesn't seem to be an answer.

 

He was on the practice squad last year.

If the Bengals sign Greg Hardy I will be very, very disappointed (and equally surprised).

 

Why would you be disappointed?

This would be a terrible move by the Bengals IMO.

 

Just curious as to why you think it would be a terrible move? For me if they did get him, it would just matter at the price they get him for.

Just curious as to why you think it would be a terrible move? For me if they did get him, it would just matter at the price they get him for.

 

I think he's vastly overrated, has a poor attitude and a bad work ethic. He's the kind of player that you really run the risk of paying and then watching him pack it in IMO.

Why would you be disappointed?

 

Probably because the dude beat the hell out of his wife/girlfriend....

How good can he be with out Suh is the question. Id pass on him unless hes cheap, and he wont be.

Probably because the dude beat the hell out of his wife/girlfriend....

 

Which I do get that, however the guy is going to get another chance with some team. So while I would agree that I wouldn't want a guy like that on a team I am supporting in high school or college. In the Pro's if a guy ends up helping a team win, then people seem to not care as much about that person being on the team no matter how bad of an individual he may be. If he helps the team people then people wouldn't have a problem with him being on the team, just like many people quieted on Adam Jones being on the team once he started helping out even though many didn't want him here to begin with.

I think he's vastly overrated, has a poor attitude and a bad work ethic. He's the kind of player that you really run the risk of paying and then watching him pack it in IMO.

 

He has scored pretty high in terms of run defense and putting pressure on the QB. Which both of those areas were areas the Bengals were weak at on the defensive line last year. I do agree with you on the bad attitude though, so as I mentioned it would just depend on the type of money they give him. However if it is not a huge contract, then I would like it.

He has scored pretty high in terms of run defense and putting pressure on the QB. Which both of those areas were areas the Bengals were weak at on the defensive line last year. I do agree with you on the bad attitude though, so as I mentioned it would just depend on the type of money they give him. However if it is not a huge contract, then I would like it.

 

The vast majority of his success IMO is a direct result of teaming up with Suh. I think he'll be a bust without him.

The vast majority of his success IMO is a direct result of teaming up with Suh. I think he'll be a bust without him.

 

He's probably only going to get 6-8 mill a year. Suh is getting paid an average of 17 mill a year for comparison. I don't think the risk is all that high.

He's probably only going to get 6-8 mill a year. Suh is getting paid an average of 17 mill a year for comparison. I don't think the risk is all that high.

 

And I don't think he's worth that much.

I think a stopgap like Wilfork on a short deal while you groom one would be a better move.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.