Scott 54 Harrison County 53 (10th Region Semi-Finals)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone around me thought it was a lane violation also. But we were also pulling for an Ohmer buzzer beater to win the game. Either way it was a interesting game to watch. Scott's 2-3 zone worked tonight because HC wasn't making the shots they made against MaCo. Props to Brad Carr and Scott on a well played game and a very good game plan.

Sadly though I wouldn't expect a large crowd tomorrow night in the finals. Scott didn't have hardly any fans there tonight.

Let me be the first to stirr the :poop: pot and go ahead and say realignment is overdue. Boone Kenton Campbell need to be their own region. I'm sure that will "urinate" off some but it's just my humble opinion. :thumb:

Agree 100%, Lewis and Fleming also need to join the 10th and GRC and MoCo need to exit as well.

The far NKY teams have not dominated this region at all and I don't see it in the future. The last couple of years they have been good and probably one or two of them in that district always will be competitive. Over time, GRC, MoCo and Mason will get more than their share. As well as, those good cycle of teams form Pendelton, Harrison, Bourbon, Paris, etc.

No lane violation. Ball was released prior to foot hitting the lane, according to refs explanation to coaching staff. Imo, good no call, as it was very close. Got to makes FTs down the stretch. Scott did. Harrison did not

Remember, you can enter the lane on release this year (the shooter cannot). Trame was falling, and it was close, but from my vantage (I was sitting directly across from where he was standing), I think it was the right call. Either way, no guarantee he makes the free throws anyway, and that's not the reason why HC lost. HC got some calls in their favor early in the second half that allowed them to take a lead in the third.

As someone mentioned, I have no idea what HC was doing on the inbounds play at the end of the game. You had two timeouts (each team took one) and that's the best play you could draw up??

Agree 100%, Lewis and Fleming also need to join the 10th and GRC and MoCo need to exit as well.

That's never going to happen, if anything the 10th will get more Northern Kentucky teams. There's already been rumors of NCC and Holmes eventually coming to the 10th

The far NKY teams have not dominated this region at all and I don't see it in the future. The last couple of years they have been good and probably one or two of them in that district always will be competitive. Over time, GRC, MoCo and Mason will get more than their share. As well as, those good cycle of teams form Pendelton, Harrison, Bourbon, Paris, etc.

Campbell and Scott could easily be in the finals again next year in basketball

That's never going to happen, if anything the 10th will get more Northern Kentucky teams. There's already been rumors of NCC and Holmes eventually coming to the 10th

That would be the worst thing possible for the 10th region. It's bad enough that CC, SH, and BB are an hour to an hour and a half+ away from GRC and MoCo. They need to think of geography before they go doing these things. It hurts the attendance at games tremendously.

Let me be the first to stirr the :poop: pot and go ahead and say realignment is overdue. Boone Kenton Campbell need to be their own region. I'm sure that will "urinate" off some but it's just my humble opinion. :thumb:

What about Paris and Bourbon?

Campbell and Scott could easily be in the finals again next year in basketball

Maybe, but they won't be for 5-6 years straight. And a lot can happen in a year and a regonal tournament. This year proved that. One of them may not make the regions next year. BB usually has something to say about that.