Scott 54 Harrison County 53 (10th Region Semi-Finals)

RP or mcpapa, what happened? Give us the details

First on the lane violation. I thought it was, but someone said that the Scott player's foot never hit the lane until the shot was made. Kid was leaning and off-balance. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

Pulliam got the ball at the top of the key and wound up with his back to the basket for a couple of seconds. Couldn't find anyone down low and had to heave up an off-balace three. Not the designed play for sure; us armchair coaches were saying Thompson down low but he wasn't open.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the final play from my view it appeared that Thompson was being double teamed from the get go. Jenkins was the inbounder and once the ball came in two players ran toward DJ so the top two options were covered and only 5 seconds there was no time to waste had to get a shot off. Not to mention Scott had a good defense set up.

wow! The hits just keep on comin.

So much for my prognostication about Scott not being able to function against bigger/stronger opponents.

Congratulations to the Eagles!!!!

Have to give credit when credit is due. The extreme Northerners have always owned football in the top of the state, now over the past few years are taking basketball away from those just a little to the south and they're always right there in baseball as well. Don't keep up with the other sports, but would think they would have to be at the top. Campbell and Scott should challenge next year as well in basketball with what they have back. Good Luck at Rupp, whoever of the 2 represent.

Have to give credit when credit is due. The extreme Northerners have always owned football in the top of the state, now over the past few years are taking basketball away from those just a little to the south and they're always right there in baseball as well. Don't keep up with the other sports, but would think they would have to be at the top. Campbell and Scott should challenge next year as well in basketball with what they have back. Good Luck at Rupp, whoever of the 2 represent.

True!!! Maybe the die-hard (original) 10th Region fans will boycott this finals and simply consider the tournament over. Or shut down the Fieldhouse and play the game at the Middle School in Alexandria, or perhaps a twin-bill with CovCath-Scott at the BOKC. ;)

Actually, having joined the 10th in 1996, we are not exactly newbies. This is the first time in my recollection that we've had an all 37th District finals (or previous to re-alignment, an all 36th District finals).

True!!! Maybe the die-hard (original) 10th Region fans will boycott this finals and simply consider the tournament over. Or shut down the Fieldhouse and play the game at the Middle School in Alexandria, or perhaps a twin-bill with CovCath-Scott at the BOKC. ;)

Actually, having joined the 10th in 1996, we are not exactly newbies. This is the first time in my recollection that we've had an all 37th District finals (or previous to re-alignment, an all 36th District finals).

Yeah Mustang I always said that you imposters need to go back to the 9th Region and leave us 10th Region Teams alone! LOL I just hope that Scott gives them a good game and it doesn't end up like the district finals. Good luck to whichever Northern Kentucky Team represents the 10th Region at Rupp!

So why in the world do you try a 3 pointer when you are down 1 and have the ball out under your own basket with 5 seconds left in the game? A 3 pointer is not a high percentage shot in case they didn't know. Unreal!

I wasn't there and it may have been a lane violation, but HC had two FT's which they missed and the ball under their basket with 5 seconds and just didn't win. You can't ask for many more chances in the final 6-8 secs down 1.

Put me in that group Mustang speaks of. :lol2: time to switch gears to baseball/softball and junior has middle school volleyball getting in full swing. With my departure of the Fieldhouse this evening comes the close of basketball season for me. Was really hoping for a different outcome tonight, but it was not to be. NKY will have two representatives in the sweet 16. Congrats. :thumb:

I wasn't there and it may have been a lane violation, but HC had two FT's which they missed and the ball under their basket with 5 seconds and just didn't win. You can't ask for many more chances in the final 6-8 secs down 1.

I agree with you! Wait a minute, not sure I can agree with a Bengal fan about anything! LOL

First on the lane violation. I thought it was, but someone said that the Scott player's foot never hit the lane until the shot was made. Kid was leaning and off-balance. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

Pulliam got the ball at the top of the key and wound up with his back to the basket for a couple of seconds. Couldn't find anyone down low and had to heave up an off-balace three. Not the designed play for sure; us armchair coaches were saying Thompson down low but he wasn't open.

I also thought it was a violation.

The play at the end was not designed for Pulliam to get the shot. That was obvious by his reluctance to put it up. It happened fast, but it appeared to me that D.J. Jenkins was coming around a screen into the lane & Scott defended it well. With that option gone & evidently not being able to get it to Thompson, Pulliam had no choice but to put the shot up.

Very competitive effort by both squads. I agree with Papa about Scott's perseverance after Harrison went on the run & took a lead. The Eagles kept battling. Jake Ohmer was great and Carr's kids hit their free throws down the stretch.

I know a several of the Harrison County kids played their last game tonight, but I'll especially miss watching Trenton Thompson. He had a heck of a year this season. If not for Dorian Henry, he'd be my Player of the Year choice.

Put me in that group Mustang speaks of. :lol2: time to switch gears to baseball/softball and junior has middle school volleyball getting in full swing. With my departure of the Fieldhouse this evening comes the close of basketball season for me. Was really hoping for a different outcome tonight, but it was not to be. NKY will have two representatives in the sweet 16. Congrats. :thumb:

Maybe 3 as I think Simon Kenton is representin as well!

Scott's defense was very good tonight against a much bigger team. Carr had a great game plan and the players executed it well. I felt that Harrison had more talent but Scott somehow found a way to win. Credit to Carr, his staff and the players! Oh yeah and Jake Ohmer is special! Very entertaining game tonight.