Cobb to Oakland?

Cobb's career is over if he goes to Oakland. As PP said, he'll never be worth that much money again after a year or two in Oakland.

Guys, it's not about his career. It's about a long guaranteed contract. Bet the 2 contracts aren't remotely similar in guarantees. I'd bet that GB would offer an incentive laden deal that would be fruitful, but not as nearly guaranteed. Just a guess.

And I understand the point, if all things were equal, surely he'd choose to stay. My entire point is that I bet they aren't gonna be remotely similar if he indeed leaves.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance. Might be able to make it up in endorsements. What do they endorse up there anyway? Cheese? Cattle? Beer? Yeah, Beer.

My bet is that if he chooses Oaktown it's because of the guaranteed money. GreenBay isn't stupid. It's all about Rodgers. He can take an athlete and make them worth 11mil. There are guys out there that AR can lift to an elite level. Cobb should take out billboard ad thanking AR for making him a star. FACT

Good point, it seems every time a GB wide receiver is out Rodgers makes a star of the substitute.

Guys, it's not about his career. It's about a long guaranteed contract. Bet the 2 contracts aren't remotely similar in guarantees. I'd bet that GB would offer an incentive laden deal that would be fruitful, but not as nearly guaranteed. Just a guess.

And I understand the point, if all things were equal, surely he'd choose to stay. My entire point is that I bet they aren't gonna be remotely similar if he indeed leaves.

How much more money is Oakland offering guaranteed over Green Bay? 1 million? That's pennies in the NFL for a guy with his perceived talent.

My point is that he improves his worth in Green Bay. If he is thinking guaranteed money and long term then in 2-4 years he should be able to command more than 11 million is what I am saying. If he goes to Oakland in 2-4 years he's a 5 million dollar receiver.

How much more money is Oakland offering guaranteed over Green Bay? 1 million? That's pennies in the NFL for a guy with his perceived talent.

My point is that he improves his worth in Green Bay. If he is thinking guaranteed money and long term then in 2-4 years he should be able to command more than 11 million is what I am saying. If he goes to Oakland in 2-4 years he's a 5 million dollar receiver.

IF he leaves GB, you can bet that the offer from Oakland was way more guaranteed. That's my entire point. Cobb's not stupid.

All things being equal in the two contracts except the $1 million a year difference in salary...then yes he would be dumb to go to Oakland and that HORRIBLE organization.

If it's, say guaranteed for 2 years at GB and 4 years in OAK...now that's a game changer.