Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's ref is it anyway?

Featured Replies

I have not been a ref and im sure 90% of the refs have another job. However if I did my job the way these mediocre refs officiate I would no longer have that job. The refs are a bunch of cocky, egotistical clowns that think someone actually paid admission to see them. Most of the refs in KY are out of shape therefore often almost always out of position and make tons of assumption calls. 90% of them probably never played the game. My fav KY ref quote "Not my call coach not my area" Lame excuse lame way to pass the buck... they need an overhaul. Garbage refs are ruining sports in KY

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been a ref and im sure 90% of the refs have another job. However if I did my job the way these mediocre refs officiate I would no longer have that job. The refs are a bunch of cocky, egotistical clowns that think someone actually paid admission to see them. Most of the refs in KY are out of shape therefore often almost always out of position and make tons of assumption calls. 90% of them probably never played the game. My fav KY ref quote "Not my call coach not my area" Lame excuse lame way to pass the buck... they need an overhaul. Garbage refs are ruining sports in KY

 

 

I assume your team has been eliminated from the postseason...lol

Haha you know what happens when u assume huh! No my team is not eliminated we've won over 85% maybe 90% of our games and projected to be in the sweet 16 that's why my complaint is a legit one. I'm sick of watching poor under qualified refs.

Haha you know what happens when u assume huh! No my team is not eliminated we've won over 85% maybe 90% of our games and projected to be in the sweet 16 that's why my complaint is a legit one. I'm sick of watching poor under qualified refs.

 

Sounds like you know all the rules and can do it better. Here you go. Let me know when/where your 1st game is; I'd love to see what you actually do know vs. what you think you know.

 

Officiating Information | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

My guess is that many 9th & 10th Region, particularly 37th District, schools use the same pool of refs during the regular season. Same reason 6th & 7th Region refs don't do the other I suspect.

 

That would be incorrect. The teams in the 37th district use 10th region refs, besides Silver Grove. The only times those teams see 9th region refs is when they play road games in 9th region gyms.

Aww kid! You sound real sensitive now. Lol cmon now. These ppl claim to know the rules yet do a really poor job and it's effecting the game. So it's not a matter of knowing vs thinking you know. Maybe it's the fact that most of the refs are lazy. Or just doing it for the paycheck not serious about it. Like I said if I did my job like these refs I wouldn't have a job!!!!!!

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 8

Well, where do you work then? I'd love to come there and watch. Maybe yell some obscenities at you while you are trying to concentrate on your job. Let you know how terrible you are and all that. Although, I'm sure you don't make any mistakes. LOL

 

If 90% of the refs have regular jobs and can do this on the side, why can't you if you know more than them?!

 

Personally, you couldn't pay me enough to put up with blowhards who think they can do a better job yet can't get off their inflated rear ends to actually make a difference.

Talk about a long drive, how about the 4th region officials going to the first. Bowling Green to Murray, or say a official lives in Russell Springs or better yet Clinton County, and has to make the half day trip to Murray.

  • Author

Reading the 9th Region threads with the 16th, you would think there were no refs there, not even a mention which is a good thing.

Reading the 9th Region threads with the 16th, you would think there were no refs there, not even a mention which is a good thing.

 

I saw both games, they did a nice job. Two very close games, also.

I've read the 4th Region refs are not off to a good start in the 1st Region tourney.

 

No they are not.

 

They counted a basket that did NOT go in. Yes I typed that correctly. A girl got fouled and missed the shot and they counted the basket and gave her 1 free throw.

No they are not.

 

They counted a basket that did NOT go in. Yes I typed that correctly. A girl got fouled and missed the shot and they counted the basket and gave her 1 free throw.

 

So you're saying we can't make the swap permanent? Because I would like to keep the first region officials. Very much.

So you're saying we can't make the swap permanent? Because I would like to keep the first region officials. Very much.

 

No deal

So you're saying we can't make the swap permanent? Because I would like to keep the first region officials. Very much.

 

Today's girls games

1st game you couldn't touch anybody

2nd game was no blood no foul

 

One of the refs was very old

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.