Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's ref is it anyway?

Featured Replies

I have not been a ref and im sure 90% of the refs have another job. However if I did my job the way these mediocre refs officiate I would no longer have that job. The refs are a bunch of cocky, egotistical clowns that think someone actually paid admission to see them. Most of the refs in KY are out of shape therefore often almost always out of position and make tons of assumption calls. 90% of them probably never played the game. My fav KY ref quote "Not my call coach not my area" Lame excuse lame way to pass the buck... they need an overhaul. Garbage refs are ruining sports in KY

 

Welcome to BGP…can't wait to see you bloom into a Premium Member where we can all get to know you and enjoy your input.

 

My guess from your post is you have recently stopped playing the game at the high school level and that is shading your perspective. That's ok, we all grow into the game and find different ways of understanding, watching and participating….

 

For me, I choose to understand the actual rules, know how the game is played and called, and listen very little to anyone who puts numbers up, but doesn't back them up. When you refer to "we've won over 85% maybe 90% of our games"….I'm pretty suspect about how in tune you really are. (Most people would put their wins / losses FYI).

 

But keep coming back..posts like yours are what makes it interesting…I'll take the under on longevity, but I've been wrong before. Welcome ! :clap:

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a screen name like that, that says more than you actually typed. Idky I'm even responding. I'm not most ppl so I'll let you do the math this season my team is 23-5 over a four season stretch something like 128-12. Suspect that! So my team is not at the bottom of the state polls we are rip yen every year inspite of the garbage zebra crew. I used the percentage to keep it neutral. If I said we are about to make our forth Str8 trip to sweet sixteen I think you ppl would know what school I'm representing. That is no fun. I'm new here and I will keep posting especially on subjects like this Thnkx pea I mean birdbrain! Hilarious!!

"Top ten" state ranking cell auto correct got me Roflol

Sounds like you know all the rules and can do it better. Here you go. Let me know when/where your 1st game is; I'd love to see what you actually do know vs. what you think you know.

 

Officiating Information | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

 

It's a relatively easy game to call from the stands. Don't think I have ever been out of position or missed a call from my seat. But my guess is that I would stink on the court. Like most things it is much harder than it looks.

With a screen name like that, that says more than you actually typed. Idky I'm even responding. I'm not most ppl so I'll let you do the math this season my team is 23-5 over a four season stretch something like 128-12. Suspect that! So my team is not at the bottom of the state polls we are rip yen every year inspite of the garbage zebra crew. I used the percentage to keep it neutral. If I said we are about to make our forth Str8 trip to sweet sixteen I think you ppl would know what school I'm representing. That is no fun. I'm new here and I will keep posting especially on subjects like this Thnkx pea I mean birdbrain! Hilarious!!

 

Wow....on multiple levels.

What I seen of the 9th region ref`s, looked pretty good. Every game always has a call or two, that is not good. But what I seen in the 2 games I watched was good.. My op so far ,so good for the 9th ref`s . I hope the 16th are doing a good job for the 9th.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.