Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ISIS- What are the goals?

Featured Replies

Read the above article. You will see the differences.

 

I did. Different agendas. Both terrorist organizations.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know. I look at those organizations as different sides of the same coin.

 

HalfDollarShot.jpg

 

Wouldn't this solve that problem? One bullet gets both sides of the coin!

Jordan Air Force retaliates - somewhat of a 'Top Gun' propaganda clip.

 

After reading the recommended article in post #21 and a 2nd similar article, I'm convinced that moderate Muslims are the ones out of the main stream.

ISIS is a group that is following the true dictates of their faith.

 

After reading the 2 articles and what has been happening in the world, this is a complete turn around from what I used to believe about the Islamic faith.

After reading the recommended article in post #21 and a 2nd similar article, I'm convinced that moderate Muslims are the ones out of the main stream.

ISIS is a group that is following the true dictates of their faith.

 

After reading the 2 articles and what has been happening in the world, this is a complete turn around from what I used to believe about the Islamic faith.

 

Would you please explain both parts of your post in greater detail?

I'm convinced that moderate Muslims are the ones out of the main stream.

Mainstream is "Normal" Out of almost 2 billion people, how is a group like ISIS and others like them "mainstream"?

Let Jordan , Egypt and Libya deal with it. NOT OUR FIGHT! No more foreign interventionism please!

 

Or go in with real force and not fart around, but I don't know what that looks likes as far as being politically correct.

  • Author
After reading the recommended article in post #21 and a 2nd similar article, I'm convinced that moderate Muslims are the ones out of the main stream.

ISIS is a group that is following the true dictates of their faith.

 

After reading the 2 articles and what has been happening in the world, this is a complete turn around from what I used to believe about the Islamic faith.

 

In another thread I said the same thing. If you take what the Koran says to heart the moderate Muslim's are cold in the faith. Sorta like being a Cold Christian. BUT I question if they are really. They just don't have the heart to do what the Koran commands. That's why there are not a lot of condemnation.

In another thread I said the same thing. If you take what the Koran says to heart the moderate Muslim's are cold in the faith. Sorta like being a Cold Christian. BUT I question if they are really. They just don't have the heart to do what the Koran commands. That's why there are not a lot of condemnation.

 

While some Christian denominations treat the entire Bible as sacred text directly from God those who know the history of the Bible know is was written by men, reviewed by men and ultimately canonized by men after years of review. Jesus did not write the the Bible or contribute to it directly at all though the four main gospels capture part of his life and lessons.

 

The Koran is completely different. It was written by Mohammed, supposedly as God basically dictated it to him. It is considered by all of Islam as holy words directly from God. To ignore or not follow the Koran is considered a direct defiance of God. And it is a warrior 'how to' text in many places.

Would you please explain both parts of your post in greater detail?

 

ISIS is following the Koran. From what I am seeing and reading, the Koran calls for the deaths of non-believers or at the very least nonbelievers have to live under the thumb of true believers and pay a tax. Any follower of Islam who speaks out against the strict interpretations of Koran may be put to death as well.

While there may be moderate Muslims, they are not seen as true believers.

Mainstream is "Normal" Out of almost 2 billion people, how is a group like ISIS and others like them "mainstream"?

 

ISIS is following the true dictates of Islam as written. I am not seeing moderate Muslims standing up and saying what ISIS is doing is wrong. Until I do do, I will have to assume that the way ISIS sees the Koran, as the correct interpretation of the Koran.

  • Author
While some Christian denominations treat the entire Bible as sacred text directly from God those who know the history of the Bible know is was written by men, reviewed by men and ultimately canonized by men after years of review. Jesus did not write the the Bible or contribute to it directly at all though the four main gospels capture part of his life and lessons.

 

The Koran is completely different. It was written by Mohammed, supposedly as God basically dictated it to him. It is considered by all of Islam as holy words directly from God. To ignore or not follow the Koran is considered a direct defiance of God. And it is a warrior 'how to' text in many places.

 

As concerning the Bible thats whats wrong with alot of Christians today, living a watered down Gospel.

 

2 Timothy 3:16 : All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

For those who think the US is not engaged in wars in the middle east and that US personnel are not being put at risk.

 

U.S. to Give Some Syria Rebels Ability to Call Airstrikes - WSJ

 

Obama To Allow "Moderate" Syrian Rebels Call In B-1B Bombers For Air Support | Zero Hedge

 

So 'moderate' anti-Assad 'rebel' groups IN Syria will be able to control US advanced air power.

 

What groups are currently engaged in Syria - Al-Quada, ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and SYRIA), others.

 

The enemy of my (undeclared) enemy (Assad) is my friend. What could go wrong? Not like they are being given advanced Stinger missiles that kill Americans...

 

But what if allies Jordon, Israel, Egypt engages in Syria. Could 'moderate' rebel direct US airstrikes against these forces?

 

Slippery slope - at best.

ISIS is following the true dictates of Islam as written. I am not seeing moderate Muslims standing up and saying what ISIS is doing is wrong. Until I do do, I will have to assume that the way ISIS sees the Koran, as the correct interpretation of the Koran.

 

Shall I post a few things from the Bible? I'll start you out, start at Exodus 21:1 and read a bit ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.