Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anti-Valentine's Day Songs

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[video=youtube;WaSy8yy-mr8]

My favorite rock ballad of all time:

 

[video=youtube;soDZBW-1P04]

 

I was friends with the engineer at WCTT in Corbin, when I was in high school. When they went all country I got most of their old 45s. One was this this ballad. The flip side of the record was "Hair of the Dog".

How about Elton John's "No Valentines"?

 

 

No Valentines

 

Available on the album Love Songs

Music: Elton John

Lyrics: Bernie Taupin

 

No more Valentine's Day

No more Christmas cards

I've thrown them all away

No more sequined stars

No birthday wishes

No more surprises

Who needs them anyway

No reason to get excited

 

Yes I gave you everything

I gave you earth and sky

And everything in between

That walks or crawls or flies

No Easter mornings

It's your cross now

Keep it all for yourself

It's overrated anyhow

 

But keep my Valentine

I'll keep my bleeding heart

Just let me out of here

Before that sentimental music starts

And your regrets

Fall like empty lines

Like the lies we write on Valentines

I was friends with the engineer at WCTT in Corbin, when I was in high school. We they went all country I got most of their old 45s. One was this this ballad. The flip side of the record was "Hair of the Dog".

 

Did you ever know Loren Hooker at WCTT?

Great kiss-off song...from the very first lyric: "You've got a lot of nerve to say you are my friend. When I was down, you just stood there grinning."

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.