9th Region at Bank of Kentucky Center potential problems

Do you all realize that the BOKC in NKU's home court. Your dreaming if you think the NKU men will play in Regents. I could see the 9th region girls being moved to Regents, plenty of room for them.

There is a "contract"! NKU would be very wise to leave it alone, play in Regents, and move on. Again, a HUGE PR hit to an organization that doesn't have stellar PR to begin with. With the crowds (or lack of crowds) for NKU games, they could do very well in Regents, the atmosphere didn't hurt Kenny's teams.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A somewhat similar situation happened in 1985 when Louisville was selected to host a couple games in the post-season NIT. The problem was that Freedom Hall was already booked for something else, so U of L played those games in Broadbent Arena. Didn't it also happen to UK a couple of years ago, when they ended up playing at Robert Morris in the NIT because Rupp Arena wasn't available?

If I were NKU, I would be getting Regents Hall ready and allow everyone in free of charge to try to create as much of a home court advantage as possible.

A somewhat similar situation happened in 1985 when Louisville was selected to host a couple games in the post-season NIT. The problem was that Freedom Hall was already booked for something else, so U of L played those games in Broadbent Arena. Didn't it also happen to UK a couple of years ago, when they ended up playing at Robert Morris in the NIT because Rupp Arena wasn't available?

If I were NKU, I would be getting Regents Hall ready and allow everyone in free of charge to try to create as much of a home court advantage as possible.

Also happened in 07 or 08 I believe. They played their first round NIT game in Memorial. The state tournament was going on at Rupp so they couldn't use it. If it weren't for Cov. Cath., New. Cath., and Holmes the upper decks at the BOKC would probably never be used.

Also happened in 07 or 08 I believe. They played their first round NIT game in Memorial. The state tournament was going on at Rupp so they couldn't use it. If it weren't for Cov. Cath., New. Cath., and Holmes the upper decks at the BOKC would probably never be used.

Correct. It happened to UK hosting UNLV at Memorial then 2 seasons ago going to Robert Morris.

Easy call........Who draws more fans? NKU or High School hoops.......problem solved.

Atlantic Sun teams Welcome to Regents Hall.

With that logic the high school girls should be moved to Regents. Both the NKU womens and mens teams will out draw the HS girls. Realisticly, only the 3rd and the 6th will be a problem. If the NKU men win their game on the 3rd they will more than likely have to go to Florida to play either North Florida or Florida Gulf Coast, who by the way are both better then any team in the OVC.

If it weren't for Cov. Cath., New. Cath., and Holmes the upper decks at the BOKC would probably never be used.

Outside of high school games, its been used for concerts and always packed for graduation. Might not seem like a big deal, but graduating in the BOKC is a much better experience than walking the stage at USBank, which NKU seniors used to have to do.

Outside of high school games, its been used for concerts and always packed for graduation. Might not seem like a big deal, but graduating in the BOKC is a much better experience than walking the stage at USBank, which NKU seniors used to have to do.

Or walking on a fake stage in Regents circa 1985.

With that logic the high school girls should be moved to Regents. Both the NKU womens and mens teams will out draw the HS girls. Realisticly, only the 3rd and the 6th will be a problem. If the NKU men win their game on the 3rd they will more than likely have to go to Florida to play either North Florida or Florida Gulf Coast, who by the way are both better then any team in the OVC.

No the girls' will not be moved to Regents if the boys' get to play in BOKC because of a little thing called Title IX

No the girls' will not be moved to Regents if the boys' get to play in BOKC because of a little thing called Title IX

Title IX has nothing to do where they play, the boys and girls Regional tournaments were not always played at thr same venue.

Title IX has nothing to do where they play, the boys and girls Regional tournaments were not always played at thr same venue.

You may very well be right, but don't look for the boys' or girls' regional tournament games to be moved to Regents.

Considering the NKU is still on NCAA probation, and probation with the Atlantic Sun, I would say the HS games will have to move.

Probation might be the wrong word (joke) :clap: but yes they are still in the cannot go to the NCAA tournament phase of moving to Div 1.

North Florida and FGC arent better than Murray State nor do they have the tradition of alot of schools in OVC. The OVC is the natural league for NKU and would do wonders on helping with attendance if they could get in the league.

Probation might be the wrong word (joke) :clap: but yes they are still in the cannot go to the NCAA tournament phase of moving to Div 1.

Its called a probationary period, year 3 of 4 is what they are in I believe. The Atlantic Sun waived the last two years of the probation exemption that they could not play in the conference tournament. (most conferences do this if teams are compliant.) It would be in NKU's interest to make sure any NKU games for the Atlantic Sun Tournament are played in the appropriate arena.