Will UK Basketball be better next year?

Original Rookie

Because of the "english" comment I got. What did the "use" to do?

It was not that long ago that UK was great. If Bogans hadn't hurt his ankle I believe Tubby would have another final four. However, the talent they are recruiting now is not the talent level I expect UK to recruit.

(IF)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of the "english" comment I got. What did the "use" to do?

It was not that long ago that UK was great. If Bogans hadn't hurt his ankle I believe Tubby would have another final four. However, the talent they are recruiting now is not the talent level I expect UK to recruit.

The talent we have coming in this next year is a really good class.Actually mostly every year since Tubby has been here he has brought in one of the better classes in the country except for the 03 and 05 recruits. Everyone looks at that and thinks those are the kinds of recruits he has always brought in, but really he has brought in alot of top players. I will admit that the 03 and 05 classes as a whole is not UK talent and probably shouldn't be here and Tubby did mess up there. But dont start acting like he always brings in classes like that!

Also you watch Perry is going to show next year the reason why he was brought in here and should be wearing the blue and white! I mean I was one of the biggest Perry doubters there was, but I am not to stubborn to admit that Perry has gotten better and deserves now to be wearing the blue and white here at UK!!!

Lets see they have 4 recruits. One is ranked 34th, one is 35th, one is 59th, and the other is not in the top 150. Wow is right

Porter is not highly rated because he did not attend any camp last year when he was in rehab for an injured ankle. He is the sleeper in the group. Good enough to earn a scholly offer from USC as a receiver is not too shabby at all.Meeks also flew under the radar but now is among the top shooting guards around, Stephenson is the shot blocker,rebounder they need,Jasper a 6'6 point guard that most people think will be better than Rondo, a year of experience for all of the soph's, Perry finished the season on a high note, Tubby's getting rid of the trouble makers and the deadwood. How can they not be better? A new strenght coach will have them in better condition.Not to mention he will most likely have another signee for this class . The Cats will be better, much better I think you what you see next year starting with game one!

I really think we will be much better next year. I think you look at what we have coming back and you have to think a lot of guys will improve and get more consistent. I think we have 4 guys I think will be solid in Crawford, Perry, Morris, and Bradley. I look for Thomas and Carter to get better and improve their game.

If some of the freshmen can step in and play right away that would be a huge boost for our team. I look for them to be a very athletic class.

I think they will be down some but I think the fans will enjoy them more. You could just sense the lack of leadership and hustle in this KY team. I agree that Tubby gets a lot out of teams that we don't expect a lot of. I think they will be down early but I look for them to suprise people in the end.

Yeah I look for us to lose some games early, but I think we will really improve. Having Morris for an entire season will be nice. He gives something to build around. Now if he can just solve his foul trouble issues I think he will be really tough this season.

I think a lot just depends on how the freshmen are too. I do believe that Jasper and Meeks will contribut right away. Hopefully Perry Stevenson can because we could use an athletic shotblocker in the game some at the 4 spot.

I really don't understand how a Kentucky fan can think that 10 losses, four times in 8 years is good, and top 100 recruits are good. It blows my mind.

The 23-10 record in 99-00 was a result of Pitino's poor recruiting his last two years and three or four players leaving who were recruited by Ricky P. That left Magliore and a whole cast of Freshman and Sophomores.

The 23-10 record in 99-00 was a result of Pitino's poor recruiting his last two years and three or four players leaving who were recruited by Ricky P. That left Magliore and a whole cast of Freshman and Sophomores.

If that's the case, Ricky gets the credit for 1998.

What? Those players in 99-00 were without a star. The thing about Pitino was he recuirted alot of stars that were NBA calibar but he also worked with players alot. Look at what he did with Nazr. His freshman year he was horrible and out of shape. His sophomore year he was much improved except for the free throws. I'm sure if Pitino has been around to work with the left overs they would of been much better. And also I'm sure there would of been an All American type player on his team. So dont go blaming that season on Pitino. Allen Edwards, Nazr, and Sheppard were gone. Thats 3 of the top 5 scorers from the chamionship team.

I think a lot just depends on how the freshmen are too. I do believe that Jasper and Meeks will contribut right away. Hopefully Perry Stevenson can because we could use an athletic shotblocker in the game some at the 4 spot.

Let's hope that they get develop better than those (2) 7 footer we have.

What? Those players in 99-00 were without a star. The thing about Pitino was he recuirted alot of stars that were NBA calibar but he also worked with players alot. Look at what he did with Nazr. His freshman year he was horrible and out of shape. His sophomore year he was much improved except for the free throws. I'm sure if Pitino has been around to work with the left overs they would of been much better. And also I'm sure there would of been an All American type player on his team. So dont go blaming that season on Pitino. Allen Edwards, Nazr, and Sheppard were gone. Thats 3 of the top 5 scorers from the chamionship team.

He brought it up because everyone brings up the recruiting about Tubby. But that season when we lost over 10 games those players were recruits from Pitinos era and they weren't that good. Aren't you one of the guys who really dont like to give Tubby credit for his 98 title since it was Pitinos players. Well if you believe that then you should put some blame on Pitino then for that year!

I dont believe that though because it is the coach that coaches them. Thats why I give full credit to Tubby for the 98 national championship, and that is why I dont put any blame on Pitino for the 99-00 year. But if I'm correct and I think a I am, you are one of the people who dont like to give Tubby credit for that 98 title since it was with Pitino's players, so then you have to put some blame on Pitino for the 99-00 year since it was still mostly his players!

If that's the case, Ricky gets the credit for 1998.

Ive always felt like had Pitino been coach in 98 we would not have won the National Championship. I really felt like the style Tubby played that year was better suited for that team than Pitino's. Tubby did a great job coaching in 98.

Pitino is an awesome coach and Im not trying to knock him at all. We dont know what next year holds, but I think Tubby and Rick will both be much happier.

Ive always felt like had Pitino been coach in 98 we would not have won the National Championship. I really felt like the style Tubby played that year was better suited for that team than Pitino's. Tubby did a great job coaching in 98.

Pitino is an awesome coach and Im not trying to knock him at all. We dont know what next year holds, but I think Tubby and Rick will both be much happier.

Don't get me wrong... that '98 ring is Tubby's. I'm just saying, if the '99 season were his responsibility, then so was '98. You can't have it both ways.