Will UK Basketball be better next year?

Original Rookie

No way UK is better how could they be?

I just don't know how you can watch college basketball all the time and make a statement like that. NO WAY UK is better? Come on let's not throw the next season out the window before it starts SA. I know you aren't a Tubby supporter but have some faith and hope. I think last season showed that team chemistry is the most important thing to have in order to be successful in college basketball.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know how you can watch college basketball all the time and make a statement like that. NO WAY UK is better? Come on let's not throw the next season out the window before it starts SA. I know you aren't a Tubby supporter but have some faith and hope. I think last season showed that team chemistry is the most important thing to have in order to be successful in college basketball.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I try to hope but I also know alot about the team. Only thing that kept us in it last year was 1. Our decent back court and 2. Morris was allowed back. Back court is gone.. Morris is probably still around. Tubby's recruiting has really hurt this team any which way you look at it. 2003 class seniors this year and Perry is the only possible helper out of it maybe worst class in UK history. 2005 class might only have 1 man standing next year (Carter) who isn't looking to get any serious P.T. 2006 class seems decent but I don't think we have any immediate impact studs which we would have needed for this year to go well.

Chemistry is big but so is talent. Look at Ohio State who is in everyones top 5 preseason. Yes I am talking BASKETball. Matta got 4 top 25 kids. Will the chemistry work we don't know yet but these kids can flat out play. Even you know our recruiting is not as strong as it used to be.

Like I said in another thread start and just let it all hang out:

Bradley

Meeks/Jasp

Crawford

Stevenson

Morris

These kids are supposed to be some good ballers and have more talent then a Perry/Thomas and probably Bradley but I don't see him starting 2 frosh guards. Lets see how far this talent takes us. I hope far.

I try to hope but I also know alot about the team.

Is this implying that I don't know a lot about the team? I hope not.

I agree that the 03 and 05 classes have and will continue to hurt this team but honestly you just never know with in college basketball. I won't sit here and tell you that we will out-talent teams but I have a lot of faith in Tubby and refuse to sit here and say next season we will be horrible.

Is this implying that I don't know a lot about the team? I hope not.

I agree that the 03 and 05 classes have and will continue to hurt this team but honestly you just never know with in college basketball. I won't sit here and tell you that we will out-talent teams but I have a lot of faith in Tubby and refuse to sit here and say next season we will be horrible.

Not at all I know you know the team right on pace with me. All I am saying is a 10 + loss season appears to be in the bag and im sorry but that is terrible for UK standards. That's why I say its going to be a bad year.

Tubby "ball" and finding players who slip under the radar to play Tubby "ball" is not working.

Like I said start the talented frosh around Mo and Crawford. See where it takes us. Maybe we can pull a Kansas and get in the tourney and don't choke like a Kansas.

:thumb: I agree with you, and that is what I tried to say in my post earlier! The reason I believe he said it was because we have alot of people on here that dont want to give Tubby any credit for that title and just say it was with Pitino's players. So if they believe that then cant being using that season when we had 10 losses to blame all on Tubby, because with their reasoning then it much be partly Pitino's fault then!

Like I don't believe that because I believe 98 Championship belongs to Tubby and that year with 10 losses belongs to Tubby because he was the one coaching those teams!

But that is the reason he brought that up I believe since there is so many people that dont give Tubby credit for the 98 season but would blame it all on Tubby for that 10 loss season, and THEY cant have it both ways, because if they believe it was Pitino's championship then it was Pitino's 10 loss season too!

We will go half and half on this one. Give RP credit for bringing in the players on the 98 team. Give him some blame for the ones he didn't recruit in 00. They would have been Jrs. and Srs.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I think Morris, Crawford, Perry, and more than likely Bradley will all be starting next season. I can't really see more than 1 freshmen starting, atleast not until later on in the season.

Maybe Tyler Smith, if he signs. Probably Sheray Thomas at Power Forward.

I try to hope but I also know alot about the team. Only thing that kept us in it last year was 1. Our decent back court and 2. Morris was allowed back. Back court is gone.. Morris is probably still around. Tubby's recruiting has really hurt this team any which way you look at it. 2003 class seniors this year and Perry is the only possible helper out of it maybe worst class in UK history. 2005 class might only have 1 man standing next year (Carter) who isn't looking to get any serious P.T. 2006 class seems decent but I don't think we have any immediate impact studs which we would have needed for this year to go well.

Chemistry is big but so is talent. Look at Ohio State who is in everyones top 5 preseason. Yes I am talking BASKETball. Matta got 4 top 25 kids. Will the chemistry work we don't know yet but these kids can flat out play. Even you know our recruiting is not as strong as it used to be.

Like I said in another thread start and just let it all hang out:

Bradley

Meeks/Jasp

Crawford

Stevenson

Morris

These kids are supposed to be some good ballers and have more talent then a Perry/Thomas and probably Bradley but I don't see him starting 2 frosh guards. Lets see how far this talent takes us. I hope far.

So I see that you changed your lineup next year a little bit, because didn't you have in the other thread 3 freshman starting. With Jasper at the point, Meeks at 2, and Stevenson at the 4!

That lineup you have right there could end up being the starting lineup sometime during the season if we are struggling! I really see next year Tubby starting off the year with the more experienced starting lineup because Im sure he knows he has had more success with the experienced than he has with the young ones lately. Thats why I see this as the starting lineup to start next year

PG Bradley

SG Crawford

SF Perry

PF Thomas (Could be Stevenson and I would be fine with that because we need someone who could be down low and block shots)

C Morris

Then if this lineup ends up not working that well, then I think we might see Jasper and Meeks in the lineup....But I really think that that more experienced starting lineup will work really well for us next year!!!

So I see that you changed your lineup next year a little bit, because didn't you have in the other thread 3 freshman starting. With Jasper at the point, Meeks at 2, and Stevenson at the 4!

That lineup you have right there could end up being the starting lineup sometime during the season if we are struggling! I really see next year Tubby starting off the year with the more experienced starting lineup because Im sure he knows he has had more success with the experienced than he has with the young ones lately. Thats why I see this as the starting lineup to start next year

PG Bradley

SG Crawford

SF Perry

PF Thomas (Could be Stevenson and I would be fine with that because we need someone who could be down low and block shots)

C Morris

Then if this lineup ends up not working that well, then I think we might see Jasper and Meeks in the lineup....But I really think that that more experienced starting lineup will work really well for us next year!!!

I agree. Bradley, Crawford, Morris, Perry, Thomas will probably start. Thomas is likely the first one to lose his starting position.

UK next year will be a good team. Good enough to win a National Championship, doubtful? Good enough to win the SEC, doubtful?

Do we get enough hamburgers in the recruiting race? Not according to the experts

My thoughts are we wll be a much better team than we were the last 3 years and definitely go further in the the NCAA tournament. We have experience back at every position. The SEC conference will be tough. Kentucky could finish 3rd or 4th in the East. (I don't think that will happen)

I think a little bit of the recruiting problem was the possibilities of early jumps to the NBA. Tubby went after so-so recruits that wouldn't make that jump. The NBA changed the age to 19 recently. Tubby will adjust to the recruiting problem.

I think the starting line-up might be:

Bradley

Crawford

Perry

Morris

Orbzut

UK next year will be a good team. Good enough to win a National Championship, doubtful? Good enough to win the SEC, doubtful?

Do we get enough hamburgers in the recruiting race? Not according to the experts

My thoughts are we wll be a much better team than we were the last 3 years and definitely go further in the the NCAA tournament. We have experience back at every position. The SEC conference will be tough. Kentucky could finish 3rd or 4th in the East. (I don't think that will happen)

I think a little bit of the recruiting problem was the possibilities of early jumps to the NBA. Tubby went after so-so recruits that wouldn't make that jump. The NBA changed the age to 19 recently. Tubby will adjust to the recruiting problem.

I think the starting line-up might be:

Bradley

Crawford

Perry

Morris

Orbzut

Could be this one if Woo will work on his hands and keeping his arms up defensively.

To me success is National Championships. And in the last 10 years none of these schools has more championships than UK. There is not alot of domination over UK IMO.

Actually UConn has 2 titles in the last 10 years. :thumb: