Will UK Basketball be better next year?

Original Rookie

We All Know the All-American game don't prove anything............

Yeah It shows how good players are, But A lot of players get left out.

And I'm not saying anyone going to UK should have been in there.

I'm not sure what your point is.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We All Know the All-American game don't prove anything............

Yeah It shows how good players are, But A lot of players get left out.

And I'm not saying anyone going to UK should have been in there.

UConn, UNC, Duke, UCLA and every other school in the country likes McDonalds All Americans. I know they don't always pan out, but typically these guys turn into pros and college standouts. Does Tubby know (or not know) something nobody else knows? I doubt it and I bet he wishes he had three or four Burger boys coming in.

UConn, UNC, Duke, UCLA and every other school in the country likes McDonalds All Americans. I know they don't always pan out, but typically these guys turn into pros and college standouts. Does Tubby know (or not know) something nobody else knows? I doubt it and I bet he wishes he had three or four Burger boys coming in.

Even with Rondo gone they will have more than FLORIDA... :p

I think OTS likes the class he got.......

He maybe wanted a couple.....But OTS is happy.

I'm sorry...I love the Cats and I can live with Tubby as coach, but let's go ahead and accept this.

2007 will be a trying year...even worse than this past season. UK will lose at least 13 games again. I mean come on, there's no way they'll finish higher than third in the east again. They'll be behind Florida and Tennessee, in the East (and they better not forget about USC.) In the west I expect LSU and Alabama, and possibly Arkansas with better records. UK will probably finish with a losing record in the conference...maybe 7-9.

It's going to happen, we might as well accept it. The roster is horrible and it just seems Tubby has lost interest. Why did he endure what he did this season? I hope he proves me wrong, and the Cats have a great seaon, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it. The numbers and the data we have just don't look good for next season...

I think UK will be better. Too many chemistry issues this year. Could be addition by subtraction. I feel that Bradley, Crawford, Morris, and Perry will work on their games and improve next year. Talent alone doesn't win, although it helps. Chemistry, committed to playing defense, Hitting 70% of your free throws as a team, all play into it.

I think OTS likes the class he got.......

He maybe wanted a couple.....But OTS is happy.

If he's happy losing 10 games a year and recruiting players to "develop" then he needs to find a new place to work because that is unacceptable at KY. I think Tubby is a great on floor coach, but an awful recruiter. It shouldn't be hard to get the best players to go to the best basketball schools, but he obviously has a problem with it.

I think U.K. will have a good season next year. Final Four team - No, better record than last year - Yes. Losing the talent Rondo's, Sparks and Moss will hurt but I think with the incoming freshman class and what we have returning that there will be a MUCH better attitude and will not be "team turmoil" as this past season, that alone should make for a better "team". I can't see any way of predicting a "seed number" in the NCAA right now -we haven't even seen the incoming class and how they will adjust to big time college ball. I do know that they are good and have a lot of promise and potential. See there GT, no U.F. comparisons! (lol)

I think U.K. will have a good season next year. Final Four team - No, better record than last year - Yes. Losing the talent Rondo's, Sparks and Moss will hurt but I think with the incoming freshman class and what we have returning that there will be a MUCH better attitude and will not be "team turmoil" as this past season, that alone should make for a better "team". I can't see any way of predicting a "seed number" in the NCAA right now -we haven't even seen the incoming class and how they will adjust to big time college ball. I do know that they are good and have a lot of promise and potential. See there GT, no U.F. comparisons! (lol)

:jump: :thumb: :lol:

If he's happy losing 10 games a year and recruiting players to "develop" then he needs to find a new place to work because that is unacceptable at KY. I think Tubby is a great on floor coach, but an awful recruiter. It shouldn't be hard to get the best players to go to the best basketball schools, but he obviously has a problem with it.

I think that the recruiting problem is being addressed by an anticipated shake up in the coaching/recruiting staff.

5th Best PG.......8th Best SG

But these kids Aren't UK good.

5th Best PG.......8th Best SG

But these kids Aren't UK good.

Where are the 4 better point guard going? Why not UK? This is an elite program and I want a top five player overall every year. UNC has three top ten guys and two other big guys in the top 60. We have Woo, Shag, and Carter and we should only have one seven foot project at a time. Perry is not UK good because he isn't big enough to play the four and he can't dribble well enough to be a three and KY had a transfer from Western and a walk-on get serious minutes this year along with Woo. That is a problem at UK period point blank.

Rivals.com has our four recruits rated at 34, 35, 59, and not in the top 150. That is not and never will be kentucky good.

Where are the 4 better point guard going? Why not UK? This is an elite program and I want a top five player overall every year. UNC has three top ten guys and two other big guys in the top 60. We have Woo, Shag, and Carter and we should only have one seven foot project at a time. Perry is not UK good because he isn't big enough to play the four and he can't dribble well enough to be a three and KY had a transfer from Western and a walk-on get serious minutes this year along with Woo. That is a problem at UK period point blank.

Rivals.com has our four recruits rated at 34, 35, 59, and not in the top 150. That is not and never will be kentucky good.

How are they rated 34, 35, 59 and not be in the top 150?

WoW......:argue:

How are they rated 34, 35, 59 and not be in the top 150?

WoW......:argue:

Lets see they have 4 recruits. One is ranked 34th, one is 35th, one is 59th, and the other is not in the top 150. Wow is right