February 2, 201511 yr I've put this one all on Carroll who decided that he would show once again how creative, ballsy, and awesome he was in his profession, instead of handing the ball over to his players who worked to win it on the field. Just my take. However it is an interesting theory Guru.
February 2, 201511 yr Author I've put this one all on Carroll who decided that he would show once again how creative, ballsy, and awesome he was in his profession, instead of handing the ball over to his players who worked to win it on the field. Just my take. However it is an interesting theory Guru. And how can we be sure this small fact didn't weigh just a bit in Carroll's mind both before the Super Bowl and maybe even before the fatal call. Coaches like Carroll and Big Bill pride themselves on considering everything and/or being prepared for everything. I don't think this is near the stretch some of you think it is.
February 2, 201511 yr I would think Carroll's Super Bowl Championship bonus would trump any of these decisions. These guys are way too competitive, IMO, to allow anything to cloud their judgement.
February 2, 201511 yr And how can we be sure this small fact didn't weigh just a bit in Carroll's mind both before the Super Bowl and maybe even before the fatal call. Coaches like Carroll and Big Bill pride themselves on considering everything and/or being prepared for everything. I don't think this is near the stretch some of you think it is. No, it's an absurd leap IMO. Carroll is going to try and win the game. Period. He's not going to sit there and think, "I'm going to call a play that has a low probability of succeeding because I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of Lynch winning the MVP".
February 2, 201511 yr And how can we be sure this small fact didn't weigh just a bit in Carroll's mind both before the Super Bowl and maybe even before the fatal call. Coaches like Carroll and Big Bill pride themselves on considering everything and/or being prepared for everything. I don't think this is near the stretch some of you think it is. Carroll doesn't strike me as the type who would shy away from a media controversy. You'd have a stronger case if this was a conservative there's-a-right-way-to-do-things coach.
February 2, 201511 yr I would think Carroll's Super Bowl Championship bonus would trump any of these decisions. These guys are way too competitive, IMO, to allow anything to cloud their judgement. By the expression on his face after the play, I would say that he had already spent that bonus.
February 2, 201511 yr Author No, it's an absurd leap IMO. Carroll is going to try and win the game. Period. He's not going to sit there and think, "I'm going to call a play that has a low probability of succeeding because I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of Lynch winning the MVP". Carroll doesn't strike me as the type who would shy away from a media controversy. You'd have a stronger case if this was a conservative there's-a-right-way-to-do-things coach. How can each of you be sure this potential issue never crossed Carroll's mind in the last two weeks?
February 2, 201511 yr And how can we be sure this small fact didn't weigh just a bit in Carroll's mind both before the Super Bowl and maybe even before the fatal call. Coaches like Carroll and Big Bill pride themselves on considering everything and/or being prepared for everything. I don't think this is near the stretch some of you think it is. Just so I'm clear: You think Pete Carroll considered the fact that Marshawn Lynch might win the MVP if Seattle scored another TD and that possibility is why he decided to pass the ball?
February 2, 201511 yr How can each of you be sure this potential issue never crossed Carroll's mind in the last two weeks? No one can ever be 100% certain about anything, but it doesn't even make a lick of sense. Why would Carroll care if Lynch has to talk to the media? You think Carroll cares if Lynch gets himself fined? Lynch not talking has nothing to do with Carroll.
February 2, 201511 yr The NFL would have had no problems as long as they pay him a la his Skittles and Progressive commercial. I bet he would have had no problem saying he was going to Disney World- until he would grab his crotch and Mickey frowns on that, I believe.
February 2, 201511 yr Author Just so I'm clear: You think Pete Carroll considered the fact that Marshawn Lynch might win the MVP if Seattle scored another TD and that possibility is why he decided to pass the ball? I am saying the move kills two birds with one stone for Carroll.
February 2, 201511 yr Author Who thinks up this stuff?:ohbrother: People that don't trust the NFL to do the right thing.
February 2, 201511 yr And how can we be sure this small fact didn't weigh just a bit in Carroll's mind both before the Super Bowl and maybe even before the fatal call. Coaches like Carroll and Big Bill pride themselves on considering everything and/or being prepared for everything. I don't think this is near the stretch some of you think it is. As you said, the NFL can't be trusted...not even a little.
February 2, 201511 yr I am saying the move kills two birds with one stone for Carroll. Why does he care (IYO) if Lynch is MVP? That's the big gap in this crazy theory of yours. He has no reason to be concerned about the MVP. You really think a coach who's in the middle of a final drive of a SB is worried about who wins the MVP?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.