Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Father and son arrested for assault of Louisville high school basketball coach

Featured Replies

I can't say I'm surprised. I've gone to enough basketball games as an observer only (no loyalty to either team) to see some parents who I'd be embarrassed to have supporting me if I were on the court. I've seen parents follow the refs to the locker room after a game. People are just crazy anymore!

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Classic "he said-he said".

Doesnt matter, if you put your hands on someone it is assault. Witnesses seem to side with the coach here.

 

At the end of the day it was over minutes in a High School Basketball game. For some families High School Sports are everything to them. They cant see beyond it and it is very sad.

Saw on national news today that Doss High School coach (Tony Williams) was assulted after their game last night at Trinity by one of the players and players father. It stated the father and son were upset about his playing time and the punched the coach several times in the hallway following the game. Demetrius Franklin, 48, and Daelyn Franklin,18, were both to appear in court today. Very sad!

I imagine there will be a few more eyes on tonight's game between Doss & Ballard. It will be Doss' first game since the incident, and a LIT championship rematch. Is Daelyn still on the team? Suspended?

Would be hard to believe hes still on the team after being arrested for allegedly assaulting his coach.

I imagine there will be a few more eyes on tonight's game between Doss & Ballard. It will be Doss' first game since the incident, and a LIT championship rematch. Is Daelyn still on the team? Suspended?

 

Per the terms of his bail, as reported in the Courier-Journal, the student has to stay at least 500 feet away from the coach.

 

As far as being on the team, I would not think so.

...and it didn't happen in NKY.

 

A LOT of truth to that.

A LOT of truth to that.

 

By the way, I found this in my refereeing website. It applies to coaches also. I have no knowledge if this is in fact on the books but seems to be legit.

KENTUCKY

 

Kentucky Section 1.KRS 508.025 reads: © intentionally causes or attempts to cause physical injury to a sports official: 1. Who was performing sports official duties at the time the physical injury or attempt to cause physical injury was perpetrated; or 2. After the sports official performs official duties at an athletic event, if the physical injury or attempt to cause physical injury occurs within the confines or the immediate vicinity of the athletic facility at which the athletic event occurred. Section 2. For the purposes of this section, "athletic contest official" means an independent contractor who serves as a referee, umpire, linesperson, timekeeper, coach, or any person who serves in a similar capacity but may be known by other titles and is duly registered as a member of a local, state, regional, or national organization which is engaged in part in providing education and training to "athletic contest officials." Note: Enactment of this bill provides and makes the assault of a sports official an offense in the third degree which is a Class D felony.

...and it didn't happen in NKY.

 

Guilty, we're the straw that stirs the drink.

Go after both the father and the son. Father should be told if he even steps foot onto any school grounds, or tries to attend any youth sport he will be locked up to serve more time.

 

Son needs to finish school online, should be banned from attending any school, as well as any youth sports event for a few years, and attend consoling.

Just saw a news story about the Doss coach being assaulted by a player and his dad over playing time after the game Sat at Trinity. I know as parents we can get emotional over our child but this is just completely uncalled for. I've attempted to attach a link from the news station below but unsure if it worked.

 

 

WDRB Video - WDRB 41 Louisville News

I saw that on tv a day or so ago and was wondering why I hadn't seen it on here yet.

Where are you going to send the kid? He is already at one of the worst JCPS schools. I would guess it is his home school. If they are lucky he might get put in Buchuel or Breckinridge metro.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.