Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Father and son arrested for assault of Louisville high school basketball coach

Featured Replies

I'm not sure the father was an assistant at Ballard. The son did previously go to Ballard, and it is my understanding that the father previously was involved in coaching a AAU team. And it also is my understanding that the father and son were upset about playing time.

 

I was there, and actually was talking with Coach Williams' wife when it happened. It happened across the court from where we were, so I did not see any punches that were thrown. By the time I turned my head to see what the commotion was about, there was a large mass of people in the immediate area where it was happening. There should be plenty of witnesses to testify about what happened.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some checking - Demetrius Franklin went and played basketball at Ballard and at one time was an assistant coach at Ballard.

I'm not sure the father was an assistant at Ballard. The son did previously go to Ballard, and it is my understanding that the father previously was involved in coaching a AAU team. And it also is my understanding that the father and son were upset about playing time.

 

I was there, and actually was talking with Coach Williams' wife when it happened. It happened across the court from where we were, so I did not see any punches that were thrown. By the time I turned my head to see what the commotion was about, there was a large mass of people in the immediate area where it was happening. There should be plenty of witnesses to testify about what happened.

 

Franklin started the KY Retros when his son was in the 3rd or 4th grade. He was also the head coach most of that time as well.

...and it didn't happen in NKY.

What is this remark supposed to mean?

What is this remark supposed to mean?

 

If it happened in NKY then there would be a heck of a lot more posts about this topic, since there is a very large number of active NKY members.

I like the law it should be used in this case, but only if the coach kept it proffessional, as a coach or official you should be professional and not engage in trash talking, arguing, or taunting of parents and fans, if you cross that line, well you should get what you get.

I like the law it should be used in this case, but only if the coach kept it proffessional, as a coach or official you should be professional and not engage in trash talking, arguing, or taunting of parents and fans, if you cross that line, well you should get what you get.

 

First, where is the proof that the coach did anything wrong? Many witnesses have stated it was the father and his son who started the fight. So who even bring up things like "well, if the coach did this or that"?

 

Also, NO ONE has the right to start fighting anyone, I don't care who is trash talking, taunting or arguing (Really? arguing?). The line that does not need to be crossed it starting a physical altercation, which is the father and son went to jail, and I for one hope they have a hefty fine and penalty.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.