January 25, 201511 yr This thread. My goodness. UK fans cant figure out why they get a bad rep. Coach just got 1000 victories as a head coach, its quite an accomplishment. Yes but this doesn't take away the fact that as many people hate him and duke as they do UK and Cal.
January 25, 201511 yr Yes but this doesn't take away the fact that as many people hate him and duke as they do UK and Cal. If you dont mind me asking, what do you have against him as a human being that makes you hate him?
January 25, 201511 yr This thread. My goodness. UK fans cant figure out why they get a bad rep. Coach just got 1000 victories as a head coach, its quite an accomplishment. It's embarrassing, really.
January 25, 201511 yr This thread. My goodness. UK fans cant figure out why they get a bad rep. Coach just got 1000 victories as a head coach' date=' its quite an accomplishment.[/quote'] This thread seems pretty positive to me. Ease up Sally.
January 25, 201511 yr Espn just had a really good article on coach k on the website Friday, about him as a person outside the coach everyone loves to hate. I'm not the guys biggest fan by any means but I respect what he's done and continues to do for the game
January 26, 201511 yr No hate here. K has had an incredible run. 1000 wins, 927 wins at Duke, Gold medals in olympics, and like Bob Knight (his mentor with 902 wins himself) he started at one of the 3 most important universities (USMA at West Point) in our country. His work with charities including the "V" foundation and others also do not go unnoticed. What the Heck, the guy is a West Point grad. Still, we are at mid season, there is plenty of time for the other stuff. Rah.....Go Cats
January 26, 201511 yr Winslow wasn't playing like he wanted to be on the court. Not sure if he was hurt or what but he wasn't himslef today and he went to the bench. Grayson controls Grayson's playing time. I'll be surprised if he leaves. He didn't look comfortable on the court when he was out there. That's on him. I just had high hopes for him, thought of him as a more athletic JJ Redick after watching All-Star games,etc. Just wish K would give him more of a chance, I'm seeing the same thing that happened to Alex Murphy(who I also liked in limited time).
January 26, 201511 yr HE is not the 1st men's coach to reach 1000. He is at the Division 1 Level. In juco, Gene Bess from Three Rivers, MO In NAIA, Harry Statham at McKendree
January 26, 201511 yr This thread seems pretty positive to me. Ease up Sally. Yeah okay. :lol2: :lol2:
January 26, 201511 yr I just had high hopes for him, thought of him as a more athletic JJ Redick after watching All-Star games,etc. Just wish K would give him more of a chance, I'm seeing the same thing that happened to Alex Murphy(who I also liked in limited time). Tell him to step his game up. He looked like crap and looked timid in the limited time that he played today. Whose time should Grayson take so he can get a chance?
January 26, 201511 yr Tell him to step his game up. He looked like crap and looked timid in the limited time that he played today. Whose time should Grayson take so he can get a chance? You have to be like Calipari(can't believe I'm saying that) and have blue/white platoon when you have that many McD's. He's gone next year, just like Murphy. Hopefully Kennard doesn't change his commitment. You can't throw the guy into a game at Madison Square Garden and expect the second coming without some time against some cupcakes and in front of the crazies. His minutes are less than even Plumlee's and approaching walk-on territory.
January 26, 201511 yr You have to be like Calipari(can't believe I'm saying that) and have blue/white platoon when you have that many McD's. He's gone next year, just like Murphy. Hopefully Kennard doesn't change his commitment. You can't throw the guy into a game at Madison Square Garden and expect the second coming without some time against some cupcakes and in front of the crazies. His minutes are less than even Plumlee's and approaching walk-on territory. If he chooses to leave then so be it. I won't be sad. You can either cut the mustard or you can't. Obviously he can't. Either way, I'll be shocked if he leaves. He seems to understand his role and situation so far. How is Murphy doing now?
January 26, 201511 yr If he chooses to leave then so be it. I won't be sad. You can either cut the mustard or you can't. Obviously he can't. Either way, I'll be shocked if he leaves. He seems to understand his role and situation so far. How is Murphy doing now? ^ Where is he at? He probably had to sit out a year
January 26, 201511 yr 1000 wins is a huge accomplishment. Got to give credit where credit is due. Plus all he's done with the Oympics and other endeavours.
January 26, 201511 yr If you dont mind me asking, what do you have against him as a human being that makes you hate him? He coaches duke.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.