January 26, 201511 yr Always respected Coach K and what he's not only done for college basketball but for all of his work with the Jimmy V Foundation. Couldn't think of a better coach to have the most NCAA Division 1 wins. The more coaches to pass Bobby Knight, the better.
January 26, 201511 yr This thread. My goodness. UK fans cant figure out why they get a bad rep. Coach just got 1000 victories as a head coach, its quite an accomplishment. Look at the source of it though....Can't be surprising.
January 26, 201511 yr Heck of an accomplishment. Not sure what happened to St. John's down the stretch. They seemed to be in control, then all of a sudden they were lost. Coach K has always struck me as the type of coach that you dislike if he isn't coaching your team, but the kind of guy everyone respects. Congrats to him on a great accomplishment. Now just put enough distance between you and Boeheim so that clown doesn't sniff the record. Side note on the game: What is up with all the leg kick outs on 3-point attempts this year? It's an epidemic.
January 26, 201511 yr Side note on the game: What is up with all the leg kick outs on 3-point attempts this year? It's an epidemic. Blame Reggie Miller. He made a living off of it...and knocking down 3's at a solid clip. I have noticed it more this year as well.
January 26, 201511 yr I think it was LRCW who nailed this one saying that Coach K threw a couple of games so that he could 1,000 in MSG. "To do it here (at MSG), to win the 1,000th, you gotta be a lucky guy. I like my place Cameron, but this is a magical place."
January 26, 201511 yr I think it was LRCW who nailed this one saying that Coach K threw a couple of games so that he could 1,000 in MSG. "To do it here (at MSG), to win the 1,000th, you gotta be a lucky guy. I like my place Cameron, but this is a magical place." That explains the 2 losses. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about any more this season. 38-2.
January 26, 201511 yr Not sure what happened to St. John's down the stretch. They seemed to be in control, then all of a sudden they were lost. Umm....Steve Lavin. What else needs to be said? All in all, a pretty solid effort against the Nation's #5 team by a team in 8th place in their own league. :bunny:
January 26, 201511 yr Umm....Steve Lavin. What else needs to be said? All in all, a pretty solid effort against the Nation's #5 team by a team in 8th place in their own league. :bunny: Big East is crap! :lol2: :thumb:
January 26, 201511 yr Big East is crap! :lol2: :thumb: Is that St. John's league affiliation? I had no idea. It isn't good as the old Big East, in case anyone was wondering. I know, I know, that is quite the epiphany, isn't it?
January 27, 201511 yr I was actually really impressed with St. Johns. They gave it their all, I think they just ran out of gas down the stretch.
January 27, 201511 yr Had the pleasure of meeting coach K a few years ago at his basketball camp. Nothing but class. Made you feel like you've known him you whole life.
January 28, 201511 yr You have to be like Calipari(can't believe I'm saying that) and have blue/white platoon when you have that many McD's. He's gone next year, just like Murphy. Hopefully Kennard doesn't change his commitment. You can't throw the guy into a game at Madison Square Garden and expect the second coming without some time against some cupcakes and in front of the crazies. His minutes are less than even Plumlee's and approaching walk-on territory. Kennard is signed, not committed. He will be there, will fit it very well with the rest of the Duke guys that can't seem to comprehend effort and teamwork on the defensive end of the court. He can sure score though-like the rest of them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.