Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Crable to Covington Catholic?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Ted Edgington will be hired, not a doubt in my mind. I have been hearing his name for years now, only a matter of time.

 

What is Coach Edgington's resume?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Coach Edgington's resume?

 

Edgington helped start Cov Cath's middle school program and has been the defacto head of the program all along. He may have also helped out with freshman coaching at some point I think...maybe. However, I don't see them taking a guy with no varsity coaching experience and handing over the keys of a program like Cov Cath to him.

 

I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, Edgington is GREAT for Cov Cath. Like it or not, I just don't think he has the experience to take over as varsity head coach.

  • Author

He was a good football player too, real good, but like CWB I just don't see it. CCH is a big time high school football job.

Ted was head coach of the middle school 2006-2010

varsity linebacker coach helping Ray 2011-2012

Head Freshman coach 2013

something happen after that season and he left the program.

I really believe Ted could help Wirth these year.

I would to see him back in the program as Head Freshman coach

Ted was head coach of the middle school 2006-2010

varsity linebacker coach helping Ray 2011-2012

Head Freshman coach 2013

something happen after that season and he left the program.

I really believe Ted could help Wirth these year.

I would to see him back in the program as Head Freshman coach

 

:lol2: Well I just got corrected on Ted's resume. Still, I don't see him taking over the helm.

Edgington helped start Cov Cath's middle school program and has been the defacto head of the program all along. He may have also helped out with freshman coaching at some point I think...maybe. However, I don't see them taking a guy with no varsity coaching experience and handing over the keys of a program like Cov Cath to him.

 

I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, Edgington is GREAT for Cov Cath. Like it or not, I just don't think he has the experience to take over as varsity head coach.

 

Was on Varsity coaching staff 11-12 year. Then became Freshamn head coach. He is the perfect for this group of kids, might I remind you, he coached these kids in 7th and 8th grade, then again as Freshman, my source hasn't failed me yet with this mess, im sticking to it. Ted Edgington will be named CovCath Head Coach.

Was on Varsity coaching staff 11-12 year. Then became Freshamn head coach. He is the perfect for this group of kids, might I remind you, he coached these kids in 7th and 8th grade, then again as Freshman, my source hasn't failed me yet with this mess, im sticking to it. Ted Edgington will be named CovCath Head Coach.

 

You don't hire someone as your head coach because they coached the current batch of juniors and seniors when they were 12 and 13 years old. You hire a head coach because they're right for the job, they know how to develop varsity players, and they have varsity experience beyond "assistant to the linebackers coach" for two years. I respect Ted Edgington and appreciate what he's done at Cov Cath, but I also realize that they're not going to promote someone to their first varsity head coaching job at Cov Cath.

 

You stick to your hunch, and I'll stick to mine. Ted Edgington will not be named Cov Cath Head Coach.

The

You don't hire someone as your head coach because they coached the current batch of juniors and seniors when they were 12 and 13 years old. You hire a head coach because they're right for the job, they know how to develop varsity players, and they have varsity experience beyond "assistant to the linebackers coach" for two years. I respect Ted Edgington and appreciate what he's done at Cov Cath, but I also realize that they're not going to promote someone to their first varsity head coaching job at Cov Cath.

 

You stick to your hunch, and I'll stick to mine. Ted Edgington will not be named Cov Cath Head Coach.

May the best man win lol. But my source is a little more high up and respected than a hunch. We'll see.

He is the perfect for this group of kids

 

Then what happens after this group of kids are gone?

 

I'm going with CWB, there is no way this will happen! BTW, My source says what CWB said as well. :sssh: LOL.

Maybe they hire Edgington as head coach, he brings in Crable, Zook, Mueller, and Specht to beef up his staff and the paint guy drives the bus to PWE's for pregame meals instead of having them eat on campus!

Was on Varsity coaching staff 11-12 year. Then became Freshamn head coach. He is the perfect for this group of kids, might I remind you, he coached these kids in 7th and 8th grade, then again as Freshman, my source hasn't failed me yet with this mess, im sticking to it. Ted Edgington will be named CovCath Head Coach.

 

So he has 1 year of freshman head coaching experience and 2 years of assistant to linebackers coach experience. Sounds like a can't miss and as a fan of a rival school, I sure hope they hire this guy.

I just don't see Bob Crable lasting long in Park Hills.

I just don't see Bob Crable lasting long in Park Hills.

If he is as intense as people have posted, it would be interesting to see how he would handle the parents yelling at the coaches during the games like they do.

I talked with Bob tonight in person. Back when the Covington Catholic football HC position became available, he was contacted by parents/alumni to consider it. Which he did. Bob has experience in both coaching football and in business. His businesses and family have kept him very busy. While tempted by the opening, he feels that it is probably not the right time for him to get back into coaching football. For the record, he surprised me by saying that he briefly considered the open Thomas More position too. He could be putting up a big smoke screen on me (his former classmate in grade school and high school), but I doubt that you will be seeing him accept either of the two coaching jobs.

Edgington helped start Cov Cath's middle school program and has been the defacto head of the program all along. He may have also helped out with freshman coaching at some point I think...maybe. However, I don't see them taking a guy with no varsity coaching experience and handing over the keys of a program like Cov Cath to him.

 

I don't see it. Don't get me wrong, Edgington is GREAT for Cov Cath. Like it or not, I just don't think he has the experience to take over as varsity head coach.

 

Lets keep in mind that this job may not be as great as some would think. After all, CovCath hasn't been good in a long time and the guys at FTH own them right now.

 

A Crable hire sends a message that the 'soft' is out the window in Park Hills and it's time to get serious about football again.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.