Kentucky's Bahamas trip came at hefty cost

Toothpick

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw where there was nearly $18,000 raised on ticket sales. I must admit to contributing $240.00 to that amount.

My wife and I were at the Atlantis on vacation during this time. It was totally random, since we had booked the trip long before UK had decided to go to the Bahamas. We decided to go to one game. When I was told the price would be $120.00, I told the young lady from the travel agency that was selling the tickets, that paying $60.00 each to see basically a scrimmage game was way too much. That is when she informed me the price was $120.00 each, not $120.00 total.

I was committed to go and we went to the one game for the experience. Now here is the real kicker......at the game I asked the gentleman sitting next to me (who was a local) what he paid for his ticket. He told me he bought the ticket at the ticket window out in front of the arena, and paid $10.00.

I am glad we got to see one game, but talk about feeling totally violated. :(

I was committed to go and we went to the one game for the experience. Now here is the real kicker......at the game I asked the gentleman sitting next to me (who was a local) what he paid for his ticket. He told me he bought the ticket at the ticket window out in front of the arena, and paid $10.00.

I am glad we got to see one game, but talk about feeling totally violated. :(

WoW! that would have sent me into orbit!