Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best RB in the state for 2006

Featured Replies

I can't really remember Grimm that well (hey, I'm getting old), but that fullback was an absolute LOAD when he played Ashland last year. Johnson can tote the mail.

 

Frances[/QUOTe

 

Grim didn't get many touches last year(the year of Blume). Hopefully, that will change this year.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimm is a very good player. However, anyone who thinks that JCHS won't miss Blume and Music is selling those 2 short on what they meant to the Eagles the past few years.

 

Everyone here knows we're gonna miss Blume and Music. We're just hoping our boys coming up can fill the voids.

  • Author
Everyone here knows we're gonna miss Blume and Music. We're just hoping our boys coming up can fill the voids.

 

I agree. Just ask North Laurel what happens when you lose your go to guys after Blair graduated and Cessna was injured this past season. Good luck to JCHS and I guess we will see you guys at the Cumberland Valley Bowl at NL to kick it all off!!! :thumb:

I have been told that Victor Anderson has a personal trainer right now and is working harder than he has ever worked before. If he is indeed working this hard, along with his God given ability, Anderson could have a tremendous season in 2006.

 

Vic is working with a trainer right now and is really finally learning how to lift and pack on muscle. As long as they can block for him upfront as well as X usually does, he should have a monster season. As others have pointed out, Eckman and the sophomore Finch should be more than capable of keeping defenses from being able to tee off on Anderson completely.

"personal trainer"? that sounds expensive. Anyone have any details?

I agree. Just ask North Laurel what happens when you lose your go to guys after Blair graduated and Cessna was injured this past season. Good luck to JCHS and I guess we will see you guys at the Cumberland Valley Bowl at NL to kick it all off!!! :thumb:

 

I have to say I'm not looking forward to the drive down. Of course, once you get there the football facilities are beautiful and the people are friendly.

"personal trainer"? that sounds expensive. Anyone have any details?

 

This is typically normal, I know a bunch of Lex Cath players who in the offseason train w/ a personal trainer on speed and strength. Usually the guy cuts them a group deal for two or three players coming in together and the parents usually pay for this. Its been a big help to guys trying to help increase their chances of playing college ball.

 

Also Lex Cath's Isreal is the real deal. Only gonna be a junior next year but this kid has wheels, power, and moves. Just needs some height perhaps.

This is typically normal, I know a bunch of Lex Cath players who in the offseason train w/ a personal trainer on speed and strength. Usually the guy cuts them a group deal for two or three players coming in together and the parents usually pay for this. Its been a big help to guys trying to help increase their chances of playing college ball.

 

Also Lex Cath's Isreal is the real deal. Only gonna be a junior next year but this kid has wheels, power, and moves. Just needs some height perhaps.

 

 

Agree - Isreal was a stud last year against St. X, which is the only time I've seen him play - he was quick and very decisive for a sophomore. He seemed to give Lex Cath a dimension their offense had lacked in previous years.

Still sounds like a big "personal" expense to have a "personal" trainer. Whats the deal? Please share the details. Where does this training occur?

Still sounds like a big "personal" expense to have a "personal" trainer. Whats the deal? Please share the details. Where does this training occur?

 

What are trying to get at? Of course this "personal training" costs someone some good money. The same trainers that train Trinity kids and X kids and Male kids and Manual kids probably train Anderson as well. This is nothing new since baseball players have been doing this for a long time locally. I am disappointed, that as physically demanding a sport as football is, that it has taken so long to buy into the off season strength and speed training. All the private lessons and camps that are available year round to a sport like baseball statistics prove that kids who are able to afford all the extra training and coaching come out ahead. This will pay off big this season but even bigger when he goes to play at WVU.

What are trying to get at? Of course this "personal training" costs someone some good money. The same trainers that train Trinity kids and X kids and Male kids and Manual kids probably train Anderson as well. This is nothing new since baseball players have been doing this for a long time locally. I am disappointed, that as physically demanding a sport as football is, that it has taken so long to buy into the off season strength and speed training. All the private lessons and camps that are available year round to a sport like baseball statistics prove that kids who are able to afford all the extra training and coaching come out ahead. This will pay off big this season but even bigger when he goes to play at WVU.

What am I trying to get at? What part of my question is unclear? You don't seem to have the answer so what are you trying to get at? Its quite simple really.

Still sounds like a big "personal" expense to have a "personal" trainer. Whats the deal? Please share the details. Where does this training occur?

 

LSU...I think it's the use of quotation marks that might be making GR8 think you're implying that something is "shaky" here.

 

I won't get into anything about HOW a kid could afford something like this (none of my business, and I don't have that kind of knowledge of even many of my OWN players).

 

Anyway, I do have a little knowledge of the WHAT and WHERE of this kind of training.

 

It IS a big personal expense to hire a trainer. Some of these guys, if working as an independent contractor can charge up to $50 an hour (not sure what the going rate in Louisville area would be).

 

Most HS kids wanting to do this go through an outfit like Velocity Sports (began in Atlanta originally, and now operates as a franchise in Louisville) or Frappier Acceleration (began by the Minnesota Vikings trainer; known for their "overspeed treadmill" ...used to be at Blairwood in Louisville but I think has since moved to another facility, not sure though). Another one is the "HIT Center" -- I think there's one in Lexington and Huntington.

 

Their "trainers" are usually a "CSCS" (Certified Sports and Conditioning Specialist) and have a lot of technical knowledge on not only WHAT an athlete should do to make himself a better athlete, but also WHY the drills/exercises/etc. work.

 

These would be more affordable than actually hiring a true "personal trainer" for one-on-one training...but still pretty pricey (I think $250 for a 6-week set of sessions was the last cost I saw a couple of years ago).

 

By the way, I believe a high school strength program should try to incorporate ALL the aspects of training done at these and the coaches should try to learn as much about how to train for speed, strength, athleticism to as deep a level as possible -- may not be practical for them to get their "CSCS," but, if wanting to be a high school strength coach, I think they should aspire to that (helps with liability concerns, makes you a more attractice hire by a school, and just helps you know the SCIENCE behind what you're asking kids to do).

 

If a kid is lucky enough to play at a school that has the same principles employed as at Velocity, HIT, etc., he and his family essentially can get WELL OVER $1,000 worth of training a year for NOTHING (depending of course on that athletes willingness to take the coach up on everything he/she should be doing).

  • Author
"personal trainer"? that sounds expensive. Anyone have any details?

 

The personal trainer is former football player from St Xavier Patrick Douglas, who is a graduate of WKU. He went to WKU to play football, but after knee surgery, gave up football to focus soley on his academics. He is also working with Mattingly (I am told this is Mattingly is his cousin) who graduates this year and instead of taking scholarships, may be walking on at Notre Dame. I don't believe that he is charging for his services (could be wrong) but is just building his client base and helping a few fellow Tiger players since he is back in Louisville, and I believe is going to graduate school at this time.

 

Like it has already been stated, this is not uncommon. In London, KPT (Ky Phys Therapy), started a new program to aid student athletes in the area and did not charge their first several clients to try the program and have results to show for it. They chose standout athletes to see if they could show improvement in their performance. It was a resounding success. They now charge for the sessions, and my son participated in it within the past few years (however, I didn't have the luxury of him being in the trial group, so I got out my checkbook). It works wonders and I would encourage anyone who wants to improve their performance and is willing to work hard for it to give this due consideration.

LSU...I think it's the use of quotation marks that might be making GR8 think you're implying that something is "shaky" here.

 

Sorry, but the use of quotation marks is just that, marking a quotation. The use of the word personal was first used by another poster. Plain and simple. I'm pretty familiar with a variety of speed training and strength training options in the Louisville area. My question was about the details of Anderson's training. Just interested. No more, no less.

I really like Shane Israel. He is a great kid with a tremendous work ethic. He was only a sophomore last year and became that 1000 yard rusher that LC seriously lacked, and he always showed up in the biggest , just ask X, Rockastle, Cov Cath, and Bowling Green

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.