2015 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney

Holmes caught Cooper off guard and took advantage of an unfocused team. Some nice shooting by #15 for the bulldogs. I think that was Coopers lowest scoring game this year. Missing open layups and jump shots won't win you many games. I was told some of the Holmes kids played and even started the Varsity game the night before. How true is that?

Holmes only has 2 losses this year...Henry Clay, the very first game of the year, and Lloyd. They have a pretty good JV team with junior Jordan Daniels, freshman Raavai Commodore, junior Brennon Englemon, sophomore Jaiden Greene, and junior Brandon Moore. They beat Mason Co's JV team by 20+ without Greene playing as he was out sick.

Their bench consists of 3 sophomores, who never see the varsity floor, and 3 or 4 freshmen.

Daniels and Englemon both started against Ryle the night before but that was because Mullins wasn't dressed and McClendon sat the entire first half.

They usually only play a COMBINED 7-10 minutes per game at the varsity level but Coach L rewarded both for their hard work throughout the season. Same with Brandon Moore. He has seen varsity mins the past two games but rarely sees more than 7 minutes at the varsity level.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes caught Cooper off guard and took advantage of an unfocused team. Some nice shooting by #15 for the bulldogs. I think that was Coopers lowest scoring game this year. Missing open layups and jump shots won't win you many games. I was told some of the Holmes kids played and even started the Varsity game the night before. How true is that?

I thought Ryle beat them a couple weeks ago and kept them under 30......

Holmes only has 2 losses this year...Henry Clay, the very first game of the year, and Lloyd. They have a pretty good JV team with junior Jordan Daniels, freshman Raavai Commodore, junior Brennon Englemon, sophomore Jaiden Greene, and junior Brandon Moore. They beat Mason Co's JV team by 20+ without Greene playing as he was out sick.

Their bench consists of 3 sophomores, who never see the varsity floor, and 3 or 4 freshmen.

Daniels and Englemon both started against Ryle the night before but that was because Mullins wasn't dressed and McClendon sat the entire first half.

They usually only play a COMBINED 7-10 minutes per game at the varsity level but Coach L rewarded both for their hard work throughout the season. Same with Brandon Moore. He has seen varsity mins the past two games but rarely sees more than 7 minutes at the varsity level.

Thanks for the info. They are small but play very aggressive.

Thanks for the info. They are small but play very aggressive.

The JV group gets after it on defense. Coach Hart does a great job with that team.

Daniels will be a huge asset to Holmes next year as a senior at the varsity level. He got the start against Cooper with McClendon sitting first quarter and had 6 first qtr points with two 3's. He can really shoot. A little shaky handling the rock but quick and athletic defensively.

The #15 you were referring to is 6'4 junior Brandon Moore. A little limited athletically but very strong at both ends with nice post moves and really stretches the defense with his shooting ability.

Commodore is the next "stud" to come through Holmes. Chris Englemon's younger brother. Multiple varsity coaches I've talked to think he's the best frosh in NKY.

Greene didn't play against Cooper due to being sick, FWIW. That makes Holmes' win over Cooper even more impressive, if they are considered one of the top tier JV teams.

Who is the favorite to come out of each bracket? Obviously Covcath in the lower bracket and tournament, in general, but what about the upper?

Think I might go take in some freshman games tomorrow to get a look at the upcoming talent around NKY.

After seeing most of the teams on here play I would have to say that this is Cov Cath's to lose!

Good luck to all the teams that are playing.

I know that there are quite a few teams that have Freshman playing up on JV.

Can anyone knock Cov Cath off?

Shout out to Boone, Cooper, Ryle, SK and Cov Cath. Shining Star brothers! :jump:

Highlands and Cov Cath in finals, with Cov Cath winning by as many as they want.

What does Highlands have that makes them the favorite to get out of the top half of the bracket? What have they done against the other teams in the field? (Honest question...not much knowledge when it comes to the frosh level)