Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are the Bengals needs on offense?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Green played 13 games this year - had the toe issue. Before this season he played in 47 of the Bengals 48 regular season games his first three years (missing one game his rookie year and NONE the last two years before this one). I am just amazed that because he had to deal with injuries this year (after three years of missing one game) that he is now being compared to a "tough girl" and is called "less physical than most players including kickers". Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson missed as many games this year as AJ...

 

Again, his own teammates made fun of him for being soft on Hard Knocks. Can it get any worse than that?

  • Replies 68
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, his own teammates made fun of him for being soft on Hard Knocks. Can it get any worse than that?

 

I did not see the Hard Knocks episode(s) you mentioned. Do you recall which teammates made fun of him? I am curious.

 

I am just going by the facts - has played 60 out of 64 games and 47 out of 48 going into this year (and at an elite level)...if that is soft, there are a WHOLE LOT of soft guys playing in the NFL.

  • Author
I did not see the Hard Knocks episode(s) you mentioned. Do you recall which teammates made fun of him? I am curious.

 

I am just going by the facts - has played 60 out of 64 games and 47 out of 48 going into this year (and at an elite level)...if that is soft, there are a WHOLE LOT of soft guys playing in the NFL.

 

I think it was the rookies doing the skit (and I know you will say that means it doesn't mean much) but lots of peeps were laughing.

 

Heck, he got hurt during the taping of Hard Knocks.

 

And did a quick search, this year alone it was: concussion, arm, thigh, biceps, toe, more than turf toe, foot, ligament strain in foot.

 

You know that stuff wears on teammates...

I think it was the rookies doing the skit (and I know you will say that means it doesn't mean much) but lots of peeps were laughing.

 

Heck, he got hurt during the taping of Hard Knocks.

 

And did a quick search, this year alone it was: concussion, arm, thigh, biceps, toe, more than turf toe, foot, ligament strain in foot.

 

You know that stuff wears on teammates...

 

No doubt that this year was tough on him...I frankly thought he tried to play with the toe when he probably shouldn't have. You are right, I don't put a whole lot into what the rooks had to say in a skit - and the team will laugh at anything in the skits.

 

You may well be right in that his teammates think he is soft. I have never heard it before though that any think that way and the facts don't bear it out to me. Turf toe is a nasty thing for a WR. We will see how he does next year. The Bengals need him back on the field and at 100%, not 75% like he was much of this year.

Again, his own teammates made fun of him for being soft on Hard Knocks. Can it get any worse than that?

Nope. AJ is a finesse guy. He is not Megatron, Marshall, or Dez like guy who rip the ball from three guys, run through them and bull his way for YAC. I'm sure the Bengals have a world class weight room. Someone needs to give AJ a map as it appears he has yet to find it.

11th in Receptions and TDs NFL TE. Also a good run blocker. I know a lot of people didn't like him, but he is a solid TE.

Gresham is nothing now like how I remember him at Oklahoma.

So you would draft a receiver early with so many other needs on the team?

 

No I would go offensive and defensive line and linebackers in this draft. However just saying I could but it, if they did choose a WR if the right one is available.

Outside of TE, WR, and RB I think the Bengals should take the "best available" draft approach to the first 2-3 rounds.

Outside of TE, WR, and RB I think the Bengals should take the "best available" draft approach to the first 2-3 rounds.

 

Which is what they probably will do because that is the philosophy they have used the last 4 drafts and has worked really well for them.

Which is what they probably will do because that is the philosophy they have used the last 4 drafts and has worked really well for them.

 

One (incredibly early) mock draft I saw has the Bengals using the #21 pick on Bud Dupree. Personally, I'd love the pick, as I think he's going to be a stud at the next level.

I think it was the rookies doing the skit (and I know you will say that means it doesn't mean much) but lots of peeps were laughing.

 

Heck, he got hurt during the taping of Hard Knocks.

 

And did a quick search, this year alone it was: concussion, arm, thigh, biceps, toe, more than turf toe, foot, ligament strain in foot.

 

You know that stuff wears on teammates...

Bengals should look hard at taking Dorial Green-Beckham, 6-6 wide receiver, formerly of Missouri, in the first round. (He just declared for the draft yesterday.) He's not a model citizen, but Marvin has a good record with players like him. For those not familiar with his talents, he caught four TD passes vs. Kentucky in '13 in Lexington.

  • Author
Bengals should look hard at taking Dorial Green-Beckham, 6-6 wide receiver, formerly of Missouri, in the first round. (He just declared for the draft yesterday.) He's not a model citizen, but Marvin has a good record with players like him. For those not familiar with his talents, he caught four TD passes vs. Kentucky in '13 in Lexington.

 

So you think the Bengals should take a WR in the 1st round even though they are strong at WR and have so so many other needs?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.