Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are the Bengals needs on offense?

Featured Replies

Bengals should look hard at taking Dorial Green-Beckham, 6-6 wide receiver, formerly of Missouri, in the first round. (He just declared for the draft yesterday.) He's not a model citizen, but Marvin has a good record with players like him. For those not familiar with his talents, he caught four TD passes vs. Kentucky in '13 in Lexington.

 

He has major character issues. Got kicked off team at Missouri and didn't play this year. They probably won't touch him that early, especially at a position where they are probably fine.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you think the Bengals should take a WR in the 1st round even though they are strong at WR and have so so many other needs?

I don't believe the Bengals are strong at wide receiver. They have wide-outs who have good games when AJ gets double-covered, but we all saw Sunday how thin their receiving corps is when the all-pro is on the sidelines. Green-Beckham certainly deserves a look in the first round ... but he may not be on the board when the Bengals draft.

 

Bengals saw slippage last year in defensive line, linebacker and wide receiver, and they need to groom a replacement for Whitworth.

I don't believe the Bengals are strong at wide receiver. They have wide-outs who have good games when AJ gets double-covered, but we all saw Sunday how thin their receiving corps is when the all-pro is on the sidelines. Green-Beckham certainly deserves a look in the first round ... but he may not be on the board when the Bengals draft.

 

Bengals saw slippage last year in defensive line, linebacker and wide receiver, and they need to groom a replacement for Whitworth.

 

They looked like crap Sunday because their #1, #2, #3, and #4 options in the passing game were missing. What team wouldn't look like garbage with their #5 guy as their best option?

They looked like crap Sunday because their #1, #2, #3, and #4 options in the passing game were missing. What team wouldn't look like garbage with their #5 guy as their best option?

I recall one replay when Tate tried to accelerate on a go route and actually fell behind the DB running with him stride for stride. Right then I realized that Dalton had no realistic downfield options. (And this is the same defense that the Steelers blasted for 50 points!)

 

Bottom line is that the Bengals are also regressing on defensive line and linebacker. So take your pick of the best player available in the areas of LB, DL or WR.

I recall one replay when Tate tried to accelerate on a go route and actually fell behind the DB running with him stride for stride. Right then I realized that Dalton had no realistic downfield options. (And this is the same defense that the Steelers blasted for 50 points!)

 

Bottom line is that the Bengals are also regressing on defensive line and linebacker. So take your pick of the best player available in the areas of LB, DL or WR.

 

WR wasn't a weakness when Green, Jones, Eifert, and Gresham were healthy.

One (incredibly early) mock draft I saw has the Bengals using the #21 pick on Bud Dupree. Personally, I'd love the pick, as I think he's going to be a stud at the next level.

 

I saw that also, would love it as we really need our pass rush to pick up.

I thought of this the other day. How about seeing what kind of trade offers for Green ,surely they could get a few good draft picks for him,then maybe sign a Larry Fitzgerald or draft a top receiver plus we need OL and DL get rid of the bust Andre Smith let Gresham Newman walk and draft another linebacker and DB.

One (incredibly early) mock draft I saw has the Bengals using the #21 pick on Bud Dupree. Personally, I'd love the pick, as I think he's going to be a stud at the next level.

 

Been saying the aBengals have needed him for a while

Only problem is I think his stock takes off once he gets to the combine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.