Congrats Marvin on setting a couple more NFL a records!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have total pts for and against the Bengals in the playoffs under Marvin? I'd be real

curious how one sided that is.

I'm pretty sure they've only scored like 43 points or something in 4 games...

Defense has given up at least 90 I'd guess...

The bengals have been outscored in the second half of the last two playoff games 33 to 0. Some great halftime adjustments being made. It gets even better its 84 to 13 in the second half in all of Marvin's playoff games.

Wow! Fire him! I think he even needs a new start for himself.

By the Numbers

The Marvin Lewis led Bengals

in the playoffs have given up 158 points while only scoring 74

the Bengals have never scored more than 17 points in any playoff ay off game under Marvin

and Dalton led Bengals have never scored 2 Tds in a playoff game in his 4 tries.

The most points the Bengals have scored in the post season under Marvin all came prior to Dalton's arrival and those were the 2 other stiff games under Carson with 17 and 14 pts. Which means the most the offense under Dalton have ever scored was 13 pts...pathetic. Blame today's loss on injuries but there is nothing to support that argument from any of the multiple playoff games with Dalton at the healm. They would have lost today with a healthy team too.

By the Numbers

The Marvin Lewis led Bengals

in the playoffs have given up 158 points while only scoring 74

the Bengals have never scored more than 17 points in any playoff ay off game under Marvin

and Dalton led Bengals have never scored 2 Tds in a playoff game in his 4 tries.

The most points the Bengals have scored in the post season under Marvin all came prior to Dalton's arrival and those were the 2 other stiff games under Carson with 17 and 14 pts. Which means the most the offense under Dalton have ever scored was 13 pts...pathetic. Blame today's loss on injuries but there is nothing to support that argument from any of the multiple playoff games with Dalton at the healm. They would have lost today with a healthy team too.

They have been outscored by 84 overall, but outscored by 75 in the second half of those games. Ooh........very telling.

They have been outscored by 84 overall, but outscored by 75 in the second half of those games. Ooh........very telling.

Down basically by a FG (2.5) at halftime in these games on avg and then losing by 3 tds on avg definitely is not a flattering statistic to have on your resume.

Best defensive player plays two whole games. Starting middle linebacker misses four. Starting right tackle misses half the year. Two out of the three top pass catchers Dont play all year. Green there best player misses four games and is hurt and doesn't really play in two more. Bernard misses a few games, Gresham misses a few. Every team has injuries. However the key injuries they had to there best players were huge and most teams wouldn't overcome those. So to still make the playoffs even with all that, shows there must be some talent to still make it. However even I said in the prediction thread there chances of winning today were slim with Green out, and then you add Gresham being out too. Even I saw this coming today.

Even with injuries being a legit excuse. Marvin needs to be gone. He has had more than enough time to get them over the hump.

In my opinion, this was the first season that the Bengals had the roster to win a playoff game. The addition of Eifert was going to be huge. Injuries de-railed this season, something that Marvin or Andy can't be held accountable for.

In my opinion, this was the first season that the Bengals had the roster to win a playoff game. The addition of Eifert was going to be huge. Injuries de-railed this season, something that Marvin or Andy can't be held accountable for.

Every single team in the NFL has injuries and to be a part of a fan base that annually uses that as an excuse for horrible coaching and horrible QB play makes me sad for this fanbase because they will never get it and will always be happy with mediocrity.

Shoot, the Cardinals with a 4th string QB made the playoffs. Injury excuse is such a cop out especially for a team many have said were the most talented over the last 3 years.

I wish there was a way to determine how many bad passes by Dalton caused those injuries to his receivers. I know the arm injury to Green was a high pass from Dalton.

My 401k just doubled. :thumb: Thanks Andy.

Going for the daily double, Dallas is losing. :banana:

Every single team in the NFL has injuries and to be a part of a fan base that annually uses that as an excuse for horrible coaching and horrible QB play makes me sad for this fanbase because they will never get it and will always be happy with mediocrity.

Shoot, the Cardinals with a 4th string QB made the playoffs. Injury excuse is such a cop out especially for a team many have said were the most talented over the last 3 years.

And how did the Cards do with that qb? they were horrible. How did they do with Carson? world beaters, right? After witnessing 2-14, 4-12 and they 7-9 seasons I'm grateful for a seat on the playoff bus. Would I like to see them win one? absolutely. However, really glad we're not the Browns.

Down basically by a FG (2.5) at halftime in these games on avg and then losing by 3 tds on avg definitely is not a flattering statistic to have on your resume.

IMO, the biggest legitimate criticism of Marvin is his managing of the game. His half time adjustments are putrid and his clock management at ends of halfs/games is sometimes staggeringly bad.