Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bourbon County High School Principal arrested

Featured Replies

Guess the situation with the basketball team was to much to handle. Makes you wonder if he was in the "Bourbon" when making the change.

Guess the situation with the basketball team was to much to handle. Makes you wonder if he was in the "Bourbon" when making the change.

 

Should've never admitted to drinking then driving to Speedway. :ohbrother:

I hate to say it but first thought was - please not another sex-related thing with students. Almost relieved it was 'just' personal action.

 

Somewhat a sad state of affairs when that is first reaction on these things.

I hate to say it but first thought was - please not another sex-related thing with students. Almost relieved it was 'just' personal action.

 

Somewhat a sad state of affairs when that is first reaction on these things.

Ditto.

6271939_G.jpg

 

The principal of a central Kentucky high school landed in jail on a drunk driving charge.

 

According to an arrest report, David Horseman was found passed out in the drivers seat of his car at the Speedway gas station on Paris Pike in Lexington. Horseman is the principal at Bourbon County High School.

 

Officers say they woke Horseman up and gave him a field sobriety test. According to the arrest report, Horseman admitted to drinking and then driving to the Speedway.

 

He was arrested and taken to the Fayette County Detention Center.

Not knowing the specifics, but at least he was not driving and sleeping it off. Hopefully that's what it was, had some to drink and thought he was ok to drive, then soon realized he should pull over, and he did, and was just sleeping it off. Better that than to continue knowing you shouldn't drive.

He was sooooooo loved when he was in Somersert at the middle school :sarcastic:

Should've never admitted to drinking then driving to Speedway. :ohbrother:

I'm not aware of the laws, but would it really matter if they found him behind the wheel of the car? Wouldn't you still be charged with DUI?

I'm not aware of the laws, but would it really matter if they found him behind the wheel of the car? Wouldn't you still be charged with DUI?

I believe its if the keys are in the ignition. But at least he was trying to sleeping it off, I guess.

 

Unfirunalty if you are sleeping it off, you can't have the heat, or anything else on, as your keys can't be in the ignition

Got a text about this earlier. Hate to hear this. David is a great guy that obviously made a poor choice.

 

One thing I can say about David is that he will own up to it (as he already seems to have done), pay the consequences whatever they might be, learn from it and use it as a "I screwed up and this is what you shouldn't do."

I'm not aware of the laws, but would it really matter if they found him behind the wheel of the car? Wouldn't you still be charged with DUI?

 

In Ky, if you are behind the wheel, and keys are in ignition, you can be charged with DUI.

He was sooooooo loved when he was in Somersert at the middle school :sarcastic:

 

My sister teaches at Bourbon County and I think the feelings are similar there.

My sister teaches at Bourbon County and I think the feelings are similar there.

 

Yeah, like JD he was not very well liked during his time in Somerset. In the few dealings that I had with him he came across as very arrogant and uncooperative--and I didn't even have a kid at the school that he worked at. I wasn't sad to see him go.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.