Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 58 Providence 38

Featured Replies

The way this team shuts down teams defensively is unreal. Still would like to see them be more efficient on offense but I have zero complaints right now.

 

Should have a better test on Friday.

Poythress stifles the offense from the 3 position when he's in the game. His shooting range is 2 inches. And he can't take anyone off the dribble because he can't handle the ball well enough. I like the other parts of his game enough, but his lack of being a shooting threat screws up their floor spacing.

 

If I'm an opposing coach part of my game plan would be to allow Poythress to shoot the 3, or the 12 footer for that matter, anytime he wishes. If a player dared to guard him I'd make him run the stairs the next day in practice.

 

But the Cats are so strong in so many other areas that it doesn't matter. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see Alex's minutes decrease as the season progresses. When we get into late January/February the platoon system will begin to morph into more of a traditional 7 or 8 players.

Poythress stifles the offense from the 3 position when he's in the game. His shooting range is 2 inches. And he can't take anyone off the dribble because he can't handle the ball well enough. I like the other parts of his game enough, but his lack of being a shooting threat screws up their floor spacing.

 

If I'm an opposing coach part of my game plan would be to allow Poythress to shoot the 3, or the 12 footer for that matter, anytime he wishes. If a player dared to guard him I'd make him run the stairs the next day in practice.

 

But the Cats are so strong in so many other areas that it doesn't matter. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see Alex's minutes decrease as the season progresses. When we get into late January/February the platoon system will begin to morph into more of a traditional 7 or 8 players.

 

With UK's size it would not surprise me to see a a perimeter lineup of the twins plus Ullis utilized in some games.

I meant "the trey, or the 12 footer for that matter" in above post. I can't edit from my phone.

 

Per ESPN

 

[h=4]POINTS ALLOWED[/h]

44.62ndOVERALL

 

[h=4]REBOUNDS PER GAME[/h]

29.320thOVERALL

 

[h=4]BLOCKS PER GAME[/h]

10.01stOVERALL

 

[h=4]STEALS PER GAME[/h]

8.267th

 

Any stats on opposing teams FG%?

With UK's size it would not surprise me to see a a perimeter lineup of the twins plus Ullis utilized in some games.

 

I agree. I think Ullis' minutes will grow later in the season. Probably at Alex's expense.

Poythress stifles the offense from the 3 position when he's in the game. His shooting range is 2 inches. And he can't take anyone off the dribble because he can't handle the ball well enough. I like the other parts of his game enough, but his lack of being a shooting threat screws up their floor spacing.

 

If I'm an opposing coach part of my game plan would be to allow Poythress to shoot the 3, or the 12 footer for that matter, anytime he wishes. If a player dared to guard him I'd make him run the stairs the next day in practice.

 

But the Cats are so strong in so many other areas that it doesn't matter. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see Alex's minutes decrease as the season progresses. When we get into late January/February the platoon system will begin to morph into more of a traditional 7 or 8 players.

 

I agree but it will be situational. Some games Alex's presence will be the difference on defense and rebounding. Other's Booker will be needed to score with Aaron Harrison. By the end of the season though, I still see this team as so deep it will be able to adjust well to most any team or style of play.

 

Someone said it best: This will be the longest year for Hawkins and Willis in their young lives. Good enough to play on 75% of other teams and sitting a bench at UK.

With UK's size it would not surprise me to see a a perimeter lineup of the twins plus Ullis utilized in some games.

 

This is how I felt coming away from this summer. They are deficient at the 3 position.

 

I do like the versatility UK has if they need to go "smaller" utilizing the aforementioned with Poythress potentially moving over to the 4.

A combination of the twins, Ulis, and Booker at the 1,2, and 3 will be used more as the season goes. At least that's my guess.

This is why it's going to take a Herculean effort to beat this team. Defense doesn't have "off nights". Regardless of how poor they play some games on offense, that defense is going to carry this team.

I kind of think that Cal is just having try-outs right now.

Ulis is just a spark plug. The enegry he brings when he is in is unreal, especially for someone his size. Love this kid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.