High School Hyperbole!

Jumper_Dad

Hyperbole in the High School Forums is always rampant...but sometimes it makes my eyes bleed reading it.

Example:

These players REFUSED to lose

-Really, like the other team chose to lose :no:

These players doesn't know how to lose

-Every HS football player in Kentucky has lost (except for first year guys at Williamsburg and I'd bet they lost in middle school)

This team wasn't going to be denied

-Well except on all of the series where they punted, fumbled, threw an INT or turned it over on downs this season

What boast or statements make your eyes blled just reading them?

These players doesn't know how to lose

-Every HS football player in Kentucky has lost (except for first year guys at Williamsburg and I'd bet they lost in middle school)

Chuck Ealey never lost a football game until he was playing professionally in the Canadian Football League.

This is a great story and worth watching for an hour.

WGTE Public Media: Undefeated: The Chuck Ealey Story -

"Insert Team Name Here" isn't afraid of Trinity!

Quite full of yourself aren't you. That's always a nice trait to have. Why would this bother you? I wouldn't take it personal about any team I've ever been affiliated with if someone said that. And to be honest I don't think I've read anywhere where someone said this. Please post an example. One will do. I think it goes without saying though that most teams don't feel afraid before or after the game regardless of the scoreboard. Being fearful and respectful are two different things.

HEART

They won because they played with more heart. No, on that night they were better.

They lost but they played with a lot of heart. No, on that night they weren't as good.

I mean no offense to anyone, but it seems the mountian teams always have more heart than non mountian teams. This is especially evident in the OTHER forum which is a little heavy on mountian team fans.

I know some want it a little more than others, but I don't care if a kid is the son of a billionaire or can't afford a set of new cleats to screw on the bottom of his shoes, if he is willing to lift all winter sweat all summer and put his body on the line for 10-15 weeks in the fall he has to have heart.

Quite full of yourself aren't you. That's always a nice trait to have. Why would this bother you? I wouldn't take it personal about any team I've ever been affiliated with if someone said that. And to be honest I don't think I've read anywhere where someone said this. Please post an example. One will do. I think it goes without saying though that most teams don't feel afraid before or after the game regardless of the scoreboard. Being fearful and respectful are two different things.

:lol2: :lol2:

He's not a Trinity guy.