Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

To All Of Those Posting About Ferguson Protesters: What Are Your Thoughts About This?

Featured Replies

Just as moronic. What do you expect people to say?

 

 

Maybe some snide comments about them having to be up for work in the morning?

 

Or possibly some insightful comments like "those idiots are playing into the stereotype".

 

I think I see an Asian guy in one of the pictures so "he looks like the leader of North Korea".

 

 

I think all of those are pretty good bets on things I'd expect people to say to rioting.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those celebrating wasn't going around burning buildings and stealing either though, so it's a huge difference to me.

 

But they are still idiots, just not building burning and thieving idiots.

Right or wrong, jailing protestors, even non-peaceful ones, is always a risky venture, IMO. From the legal side, anything that looks like a suppression of protest is going to be met with resistance because of it's potential for abuse.

 

It's either that or have more and more and more criminal activity in the future.

It's either that or have more and more and more criminal activity in the future.

 

Not if you eliminate the threat.

It's either that or have more and more and more criminal activity in the future.

 

Agreed. It's just a delicate line. Once someone is seen by the public as being jailed for protesting, ears will shut and minds will close.

 

These animals are out of control because we as a society allow it to happen.

its not so much society letting it happen as much as it is the media glorifies it.
What Ferguson and anyone else moving forward should do is bring all hands on deck for the decision and fill the jails up with the violators. Furthermore, prosecutors should take a hard line approach with anyone arrested that includes mandatory jail time.

 

If you had a couple of cities actually not afraid to do their job by the time you got to the third or forth city/incident all the authorities would have to do is rattle their saber.

 

These animals are out of control because we as a society allow it to happen.

 

 

REALLY?

 

Like, really? I thought you were different than that.

Just saying.....

 

"Riots are self-defeating and socially destructive." -MLK

"I'M EMBARRASSED because the looting, violent protests, and law breaking only confirm, and in the minds of many, validate, the stereotypes and thus the inferior treatment.

 

I'M FRUSTRATED, because pop culture, music and movies glorify these types of police citizen altercations and promote an invincible attitude that continues to get young men killed in real life, away from safety movie sets and music studios.

 

I'M CONFUSED, because I don't know why it's so hard to obey a policeman. You will not win!!! And I don't know why some policeman abuse their power. Power is a responsibility, not a weapon to brandish and lord over the populace."

 

Just some comments from Benjamin Watson of the New Orleans Saints.

[/b][/u]

 

 

REALLY?

 

Like, really? I thought you were different than that.

Not sure what your beef is here. You think the actions of those involved in the smash and grabs, the destruction of private and public property, torching businesses and automobiles is anything short of animal?
Not sure what your beef is here. You think the actions of those involved in the smash and grabs, the destruction of private and public property, torching businesses and automobiles is anything short of animal?

 

Nah, just the allusion to all Fergueson protestors being animals. Then again, I'm not from the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, so maybe I don't see things from the perspective of a town who has major race issues including riots unheard of for a city of it's size, so I guess if I were from the utopia that is there I'd see things differently good sir.

 

I don't see it as any more 'animal' than plenty of white people who love meth and drawing checks or whatnot, but I don't see the site's founder comparing them to animals either. Sorry, but that view just seems more associated with toothless redneck and not what I'd expect from BGP.

 

Then again, like I said, maybe I'm just from somewhere where that kind of thing isn't as common as it must be for you good folk in the NKY area who seem to be doing fine on those fronts and setting a perfect example for all either. Probably just something thrown around over lunch for ya'll, so hey, no beef with me, carry on.

Nah, just the allusion to all Fergueson protestors being animals. Then again, I'm not from the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, so maybe I don't see things from the perspective of a town who has major race issues including riots unheard of for a city of it's size, so I guess if I were from the utopia that is there I'd see things differently good sir.

 

I don't see it as any more 'animal' than plenty of white people who love meth and drawing checks or whatnot, but I don't see the site's founder comparing them to animals either. Sorry, but that view just seems more associated with toothless redneck and not what I'd expect from BGP.

 

Then again, like I said, maybe I'm just from somewhere where that kind of thing isn't as common as it must be for you good folk in the NKY area who seem to be doing fine on those fronts and setting a perfect example for all either. Probably just something thrown around over lunch for ya'll, so hey, no beef with me, carry on.

Whoa, dismount from your high horse for just a minute. I don't know if you're aware, but Guru didn't say all Ferguson protesters were animals, just the ones committing the thousands of felonies. In fact, no one on here seems to have a problem with peaceful protests. Also, I find it somewhat amusing that, while looking down your nose at us Northern Kentuckians, you are the ONLY one that has alluded to the violent protesters as only being black. Maybe your TV needs adjusting, my TV showed white violent protesters as well.

My daughter was in the fray at UK in 2012. Most of the couches burned were ones that people were trying to get rid of. The cars were a different story. As far as I know, no businesses were burned or looted. No one lost their jobs. There was no anger or need for retaliation, and it was fairly well contained by the police and fire department.

 

The people at Ferguson were protesting, though most likely wanted an excuse to burn, loot and destroy.

 

Both were wrong and I have no problems for anyone arrested in either situation, but that is where the similarities end IMO.

"I'M EMBARRASSED because the looting, violent protests, and law breaking only confirm, and in the minds of many, validate, the stereotypes and thus the inferior treatment.

 

I'M FRUSTRATED, because pop culture, music and movies glorify these types of police citizen altercations and promote an invincible attitude that continues to get young men killed in real life, away from safety movie sets and music studios.

 

I'M CONFUSED, because I don't know why it's so hard to obey a policeman. You will not win!!! And I don't know why some policeman abuse their power. Power is a responsibility, not a weapon to brandish and lord over the populace."

 

Just some comments from Benjamin Watson of the New Orleans Saints.

 

 

I read his statement. It was very good. He gives a well though out perspective.

Whoa' date=' dismount from your high horse for just a minute. I don't know if you're aware, but Guru didn't say all Ferguson protesters were animals, just the ones committing the thousands of felonies. In fact, no one on here seems to have a problem with peaceful protests. Also, I find it somewhat amusing that, while looking down your nose at us Northern Kentuckians, you are the ONLY one that has alluded to the violent protesters as only being black. Maybe your TV needs adjusting, my TV showed white violent protesters as well.[/quote']

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.