Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

To All Of Those Posting About Ferguson Protesters: What Are Your Thoughts About This?

Featured Replies

The lack of a riot in an area doesn't mean everything is necessarily hunky-dory there when it comes to racial tension.
No one is claiming otherwise. Jim, you know there are plenty of areas in Kentucky that are far worse than this area or Cincy when it comes to race relations. Heck, I'll add there are plenty of areas as bad or worse in most states.
  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lack of a riot in an area doesn't mean everything is necessarily hunky-dory there when it comes to racial tension.

 

It's not hunky-dory anywhere. I just means we're not Cincinnati when it comes to riots. During the 2001 Cincinnati riots people were still out and about enjoying the entertainment available all over NKY. In fact, it was contained in a very small section of Cincinnati while the majority of the area went about it's business. I suspect that is the case with most riots.

I believe in Metaphors. RU was using one. Violators = Animals. ie: pack of wild dogs, or (my favorite in this instance) sheep following the leader over the cliff. Anyone remember the book Lord of the Flies? People who loot, burn are criminals and violators of the law and should be punished. Add the terrible egging on news coverage and you have a herd of followers caught up in the moment. Horrible. And minority businesses are the ones hurt. How can you think striking out at a black owned business helps your cause? There is no thought at that point only a herd of cattle. Plenty of metaphors in this post.

BTW JW24, I enjoy reading your posts, but please remember you haven't enough experience to have made a big goof yet. You came off pretty full of yourself in the above posts. Life has a way of letting us know we don't always get things right. Just some grandmotherly advise for a BGP friend.

Nah, just the allusion to all Fergueson protestors being animals. Then again, I'm not from the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, so maybe I don't see things from the perspective of a town who has major race issues including riots unheard of for a city of it's size, so I guess if I were from the utopia that is there I'd see things differently good sir.

 

I don't see it as any more 'animal' than plenty of white people who love meth and drawing checks or whatnot, but I don't see the site's founder comparing them to animals either. Sorry, but that view just seems more associated with toothless redneck and not what I'd expect from BGP.

 

Then again, like I said, maybe I'm just from somewhere where that kind of thing isn't as common as it must be for you good folk in the NKY area who seem to be doing fine on those fronts and setting a perfect example for all either. Probably just something thrown around over lunch for ya'll, so hey, no beef with me, carry on.

 

For not being from the area, you sure are an expert on the area.

For not being from the area, you sure are an expert on the area.

 

I spent a year there and it was more than enough for a lifetime.

No one is claiming otherwise. Jim, you know there are plenty of areas in Kentucky that are far worse than this area or Cincy when it comes to race relations. Heck, I'll add there are plenty of areas as bad or worse in most states.

 

:rolleyes:

I haven't had this much heat since I said a UK player should stop throwing up gang signs.

Didnt read nearly all of this thread but found it laughable that one excuse being throw around about the Rev' Al is he is just too busy to protest much or any about black on white crime or black on black on black crime .. " only 24 hours in a day " The dude is in his 60's or 70's and hasnt been able to cram it in his schedule in 30 plus years of race baiting ... I mean protesting . Sorry but Al just doesnt have any credibility on the issue . I'd a 1000 times more listen to PP92 attempt to give us a glimpse into being a black guy in 2014 than Al or Jesse on ABC .

:rolleyes:
Have to call you out again. Show me where I said things in this area are hunky-dory when it comes to racial tension.
I haven't had this much heat since I said a UK player should stop throwing up gang signs.
Why do you think that is?
I spent a year there and it was more than enough for a lifetime.

 

Sorry you didn't enjoy your time here.

I spent a year there and it was more than enough for a lifetime.
:rolleyes:
Sorry you didn't enjoy your time here.

 

No worries, from the looks of the airport and businesses, it looks like I wasn't the only one.

 

L'chaim.

White supremacist groups and Internet bigots, especially those that make death threats or burn churches are animals. Why would anyone on this board disagree with that? You? I ask since you took issue with the criminals in the Ferguson riots being called animals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.