Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

To All Of Those Posting About Ferguson Protesters: What Are Your Thoughts About This?

Featured Replies

Nah, just the allusion to all Fergueson protestors being animals. Then again, I'm not from the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, so maybe I don't see things from the perspective of a town who has major race issues including riots unheard of for a city of it's size, so I guess if I were from the utopia that is there I'd see things differently good sir.

 

I don't see it as any more 'animal' than plenty of white people who love meth and drawing checks or whatnot, but I don't see the site's founder comparing them to animals either. Sorry, but that view just seems more associated with toothless redneck and not what I'd expect from BGP.

 

Then again, like I said, maybe I'm just from somewhere where that kind of thing isn't as common as it must be for you good folk in the NKY area who seem to be doing fine on those fronts and setting a perfect example for all either. Probably just something thrown around over lunch for ya'll, so hey, no beef with me, carry on.

 

WOW!! :ohbrother:

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa, dismount from your high horse for just a minute. I don't know if you're aware, but Guru didn't say all Ferguson protesters were animals, just the ones committing the thousands of felonies. In fact, no one on here seems to have a problem with peaceful protests. Also, I find it somewhat amusing that, while looking down your nose at us Northern Kentuckians, you are the ONLY one that has alluded to the violent protesters as only being black. Maybe your TV needs adjusting, my TV showed white violent protesters as well.

 

 

:laugh:

 

Yea. I'm the only person on BGP whose done that.

 

 

And sorry for being blunt and calling out all the trash in your area like 'Ru called out trash elsewhere.

 

What did I say about the area that was untrue? Has Cincinnati not had very large scale racial problems for a city of it's size, or am I just making that up?

:laugh:

 

Yea. I'm the only person on BGP whose done that.

 

 

And sorry for being blunt and calling out all the trash in your area like 'Ru called out trash elsewhere.

 

What did I say about the area that was untrue? Has Cincinnati not had very large scale racial problems for a city of it's size, or am I just making that up?

 

Could have been the toothless redneck comment. I'm sure you have none of those in Texas.

:laugh:

 

Yea. I'm the only person on BGP whose done that.

 

 

And sorry for being blunt and calling out all the trash in your area like 'Ru called out trash elsewhere.

 

What did I say about the area that was untrue? Has Cincinnati not had very large scale racial problems for a city of it's size, or am I just making that up?

You're the only one I see doing it.

 

I don't see Cincy being any worse than any other area where racial tensions are a problem, but you don't live here and seem to want to pretend you know better.

 

You made a foolish post, got called on it and now you can't own it. Man up and deal with it.

Nah, just the allusion to all Fergueson protestors being animals. Then again, I'm not from the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, so maybe I don't see things from the perspective of a town who has major race issues including riots unheard of for a city of it's size, so I guess if I were from the utopia that is there I'd see things differently good sir.

 

I don't see it as any more 'animal' than plenty of white people who love meth and drawing checks or whatnot, but I don't see the site's founder comparing them to animals either. Sorry, but that view just seems more associated with toothless redneck and not what I'd expect from BGP.

 

Then again, like I said, maybe I'm just from somewhere where that kind of thing isn't as common as it must be for you good folk in the NKY area who seem to be doing fine on those fronts and setting a perfect example for all either. Probably just something thrown around over lunch for ya'll, so hey, no beef with me, carry on.

You spend way too much time letting your emotions lead you astray.

You're the only one I see doing it.

 

I don't see Cincy being any worse than any other area where racial tensions are a problem, but you don't live here and seem to want to pretend you know better.

 

You made a foolish post, got called on it and now you can't own it. Man up and deal with it.

 

 

Well look harder.

 

 

Also in the last 20 years, these cities have had major race riots: New York, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, and now St.Louis/Fergueson. Which two don't fit?

 

Sorry to break it to you about Cincy, even if you don't want to hear it.

Well look harder.

 

 

Also in the last 20 years, these cities have had major race riots: New York, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, and now St.Louis/Fergueson. Which two don't fit?

 

Sorry to break it to you about Cincy, even if you don't want to hear it.

I've lived in this area all my life, I know much more about it than you do. In my lifetime there were three years where there were riots in Cincinnati. 1967 after the conviction of Posteal Laskey Jr., accused of being the Cincinnati Strangler; 1968...well do I really have to give an explanation for '68? Or are you not up to speed with all the riots that happened that year and why? 2001 after the fatal police shooting Timothy Thomas. Maybe you can point out where Cincinnati is any worse than any other area where racial tensions are a problem. Somehow, you want to link Northern Kentucky with Ohio. I hate to break it to you, but I don't live in Cincinnati. I live in Northern Kentucky. Hint, Cincinnati is in Ohio.

 

Over the last few days you've made a lot of posts that are rather odd, out of place in a thread or just plain silly, this thread you've achieved silly and ridiculous, congratulations. Not sure exactly what's going on for you right now, but here's to hoping things get better for you.

Edited by Run To State

I've lived in this area all my life, I know much more about it than you do. In my lifetime there were three years where there were riots in Cincinnati. 1967 after the conviction of Posteal Laskey Jr., accused of being the Cincinnati Strangler; 1968...well do I really have to give an explanation for '68? Or are you not up to speed with all the riots that happened that year and why? 2001 after the fatal police shooting Timothy Thomas. Maybe you can point out where Cincinnati is any worse than any other area where racial tensions are a problem. Somehow, you want to link Northern Kentucky with Ohio. I hate to break it to you, but I don't live in Cincinnati. I live in Northern Kentucky. Hint, Cincinnati is in Ohio.

 

Over the last few days you've made a lot of posts that are rather odd, out of place in a thread or just plain silly, this thread you've achieved silly and ridiculous, congratulations. Not sure exactly what's going on for you right now, but here's to hoping things get better for you.

 

 

Thanks for the Geography lesson there Chief, I didn't realize that at all. What do you know, Cincinnati is in Ohio. Wow. I'm sure the short distance between there and Cincinnati, where things are so peachy, as evidenced by the 2000 riots means that the two are just worlds apart. Thanks for the history lesson on Cincinnati as well, it kind of proves the point I was making a few posts back, but I'm not even sure you realize it.

 

BTW, I'm working at a very prestigious Oil & Gas firm in Central Texas between the suburbs of San Antonio and Austin in my first job out of law school. Business is good, and oil is kind of a big deal in Texas (if you didn't know), so I'd say things are going alright, thanks for asking.

 

Hope all is well for you and sorry if you've misinterpreted some of my posts or they've went over your head. I don't really care what you think of me, especially considering this is the best you can come back with.

I've lived in this area all my life, I know much more about it than you do. In my lifetime there were three years where there were riots in Cincinnati. 1967 after the conviction of Posteal Laskey Jr., accused of being the Cincinnati Strangler; 1968...well do I really have to give an explanation for '68? Or are you not up to speed with all the riots that happened that year and why? 2001 after the fatal police shooting Timothy Thomas. Maybe you can point out where Cincinnati is any worse than any other area where racial tensions are a problem. Somehow, you want to link Northern Kentucky with Ohio. I hate to break it to you, but I don't live in Cincinnati. I live in Northern Kentucky. Hint, Cincinnati is in Ohio.

 

Over the last few days you've made a lot of posts that are rather odd, out of place in a thread or just plain silly, this thread you've achieved silly and ridiculous, congratulations. Not sure exactly what's going on for you right now, but here's to hoping things get better for you.

 

While I get where you're going, you're being more than just a little disingenuous by acting as though the Ohio River is some impenetrable wall that no person or idea can cross. I've lived the bulk of my life in Northern Kentucky, and the area has far more kinship to Cincinnati than the rest of Kentucky. Plus, the tremendous growth in NoKy in the past 25 or so years has nearly everything to do with Ohioans moving out of their crummy state and fleeing for Kentucky. Issues affecting Cincinnati are by default NoKy issues. It may not seem that way in relatively insular communities such as Ft. Thomas, but Ft. Thomas is its own little island unto itself.

While I get where you're going, you're being more than just a little disingenuous by acting as though the Ohio River is some impenetrable wall that no person or idea can cross. I've lived the bulk of my life in Northern Kentucky, and the area has far more kinship to Cincinnati than the rest of Kentucky. Plus, the tremendous growth in NoKy in the past 25 or so years has nearly everything to do with Ohioans moving out of their crummy state and fleeing for Kentucky. Issues affecting Cincinnati are by default NoKy issues. It may not seem that way in relatively insular communities such as Ft. Thomas, but Ft. Thomas is its own little island unto itself.

 

NKY has had zero race riots, the river does seem to be an impenetrable wall for this discussion.

While I get where you're going, you're being more than just a little disingenuous by acting as though the Ohio River is some impenetrable wall that no person or idea can cross. I've lived the bulk of my life in Northern Kentucky, and the area has far more kinship to Cincinnati than the rest of Kentucky. Plus, the tremendous growth in NoKy in the past 25 or so years has nearly everything to do with Ohioans moving out of their crummy state and fleeing for Kentucky. Issues affecting Cincinnati are by default NoKy issues. It may not seem that way in relatively insular communities such as Ft. Thomas, but Ft. Thomas is its own little island unto itself.
Jim, you're flat out wrong. I grew up in Newport, Newport isn't Over the Rhine or Price Hill. That's like saying Louisville's problems are Charlestown's or New Albany's just because they're fairly close. There may be just a river separating them, but we aren't really affected by their problems. 2001, no riots in Northern Kentucky, so please....

Edited by Run To State

Joker, my friend, I've always enjoyed your posts as well-thought out, insightful discussion. Having said that, I'm not sure what's happened in the past couple days. You've went off the deep-end with some of this stuff. No way an intelligent guy like yourself truly believes what your posting.

[/b]

 

 

Thanks for the Geography lesson there Chief, I didn't realize that at all. What do you know, Cincinnati is in Ohio. Wow. I'm sure the short distance between there and Cincinnati, where things are so peachy, as evidenced by the 2000 riots means that the two are just worlds apart. Thanks for the history lesson on Cincinnati as well, it kind of proves the point I was making a few posts back, but I'm not even sure you realize it.

 

BTW, I'm working at a very prestigious Oil & Gas firm in Central Texas between the suburbs of San Antonio and Austin in my first job out of law school. Business is good, and oil is kind of a big deal in Texas (if you didn't know), so I'd say things are going alright, thanks for asking.

 

Hope all is well for you and sorry if you've misinterpreted some of my posts or they've went over your head. I don't really care what you think of me, especially considering this is the best you can come back with.

Oh no, you called me chief, whatever will I do now? Should I run for cover? :rolleyes: :lol2:

 

Apparently, you needed the geography lesson and it would seem you need to be schooled a little more. So, since you seem to know so much about our area, tell me where the riots were in Northern Kentucky. Let me answer for you, there were none. Starting to sink in now? No? Just re-read it a few more times, keep calm, take a deep breath and repeat after me. There's no place like Northern Kentucky, there's no place like Northern Kentucky, there's no place like Northern Kentucky. Feeling better yet? It'll be okay.

 

Umm, congratulations on your job, I'm happy for you. That's not what I meant, but hey, congrats.

 

I'm doing just fine, thank you for your concern. I misinterpreted nothing and when someone doesn't make coherent arguments, trust me, it's not over anyone's head. By the way, I have no opinion of you one way or the other, I don't know you and I don't judge people by a few posts, (like you seem to be doing), so I don't "think" any particular way about you. I just pointed out you were wrong about Guru's post, and you lost it because you couldn't handle it. Some thicker skin might be advised for your profession. I wish you well.

The lack of a riot in an area doesn't mean everything is necessarily hunky-dory there when it comes to racial tension.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.