Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eastern Washington 88 Indiana 86

Featured Replies

Looks like the Tom Crean Farewell tour is off to a good start.

 

There's no way they can justify keeping that clown is there?

They were 4-0 with a win over a Top 25 team so far this year.

 

I'm getting over him quick, but if they win 20-22 games and make the tournament no chance he's gone, not with his buyout.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still a big buyout after this season.

 

So do you think they ride him one more year? Or just bite the bullet and pay the money?

They were 4-0 with a win over a Top 25 team so far this year.

 

I'm getting over him quick, but if they win 20-22 games and make the tournament no chance he's gone, not with his buyout.

 

I'd say the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

I'd say the chances of that happening are pretty slim.
They're going to have 8-9 out of conference wins. They're not as bad as most think. They're not good, but they're not terrible.` Blackmon is a stud. Yogi's playing well, they're small. Starting 4 guards and need to learn to play that way. I think they could definitely get to 20 wins. If they do and make the tournament, he'll be back. I guarantee it. And it's not that unlikely.

 

Again, I'm not saying that's a good thing, just the facts.

....

 

To clarify the buyout issue, I believe that after this season it drops from $8 million to $1 million (I think this is the 3rd year of his new deal, which was the length of the $8 million buyout). If I'm wrong on that, than he stays no matter how far they drop. If I'm correct, and I think I am, they'd have to be really good to save him this year.

 

He is a really bad guy, and vastly overrated in terms of both his recruiting, but also his ability to beat you with X's and O's.

 

Like Bench, however, I don't think they'll be as awful as I hoped they would be. Blackmon is a MONSTER, and they have a few other nice pieces, so they'll be fine. They are a middle of the pack Big 10 team, so while not what IU expects, certainly not laughably bad. The Big 10 is VERY good this year, so being 6th or 7th in that league isn't as bad as it sounds at first blush.

 

Side-note after reading Bench's last post: I don't see any way they get to 20 wins, but if they do, they WILL be in the tourney and he'll deserve a lot of credit for taking an okay team to that level. That said, no way do I see them getting to 20 wins.

Secret text from 80% of the SEC teams:

 

Thank GOD EWU isn't in the SEC!

Secret text from 80% of the SEC teams:

 

Thank GOD EWU isn't in the SEC!

 

Good stuff. To that point, while Indiana will be in the 6th - 8th spot in the Big 10, with all likelihood, they'd be in the battle for 3rd in the SEC.

....

 

To clarify the buyout issue, I believe that after this season it drops from $8 million to $1 million (I think this is the 3rd year of his new deal, which was the length of the $8 million buyout). If I'm wrong on that, than he stays no matter how far they drop. If I'm correct, and I think I am, they'd have to be really good to save him this year.

 

He is a really bad guy, and vastly overrated in terms of both his recruiting, but also his ability to beat you with X's and O's.

 

Like Bench, however, I don't think they'll be as awful as I hoped they would be. Blackmon is a MONSTER, and they have a few other nice pieces, so they'll be fine. They are a middle of the pack Big 10 team, so while not what IU expects, certainly not laughably bad. The Big 10 is VERY good this year, so being 6th or 7th in that league isn't as bad as it sounds at first blush.

 

Side-note after reading Bench's last post: I don't see any way they get to 20 wins, but if they do, they WILL be in the tourney and he'll deserve a lot of credit for taking an okay team to that level. That said, no way do I see them getting to 20 wins.

Appreciative of an actual thought-out post about IU instead of a stupid smilie or just and insult with no basis nor intelligence behind it.
....

 

To clarify the buyout issue, I believe that after this season it drops from $8 million to $1 million (I think this is the 3rd year of his new deal, which was the length of the $8 million buyout). If I'm wrong on that, than he stays no matter how far they drop. If I'm correct, and I think I am, they'd have to be really good to save him this year.

 

He is a really bad guy, and vastly overrated in terms of both his recruiting, but also his ability to beat you with X's and O's.

 

Like Bench, however, I don't think they'll be as awful as I hoped they would be. Blackmon is a MONSTER, and they have a few other nice pieces, so they'll be fine. They are a middle of the pack Big 10 team, so while not what IU expects, certainly not laughably bad. The Big 10 is VERY good this year, so being 6th or 7th in that league isn't as bad as it sounds at first blush.

 

Side-note after reading Bench's last post: I don't see any way they get to 20 wins, but if they do, they WILL be in the tourney and he'll deserve a lot of credit for taking an okay team to that level. That said, no way do I see them getting to 20 wins.

 

They could make a bunch of the buyout back by selling all the tanning beds he has scattered across campus... :bunny:

Appreciative of an actual thought-out post about IU instead of a stupid smilie or just and insult with no basis nor intelligence behind it.

 

To be fair, my first post in this thread was an insult and a stupid smilie. :jump:

They were 4-0 with a win over a Top 25 team so far this year.

 

I'm getting over him quick, but if they win 20-22 games and make the tournament no chance he's gone, not with his buyout.

 

The top 25 team they beat is not a top 25 team. They may have been preseason, but those rankings are garbage. SMU may get their third loss (in a row I believe) tonight. That's not a top 25 team.

Not a fan of the coach who's part in his hair looks like a butt crack.

Norse are next up for EWU.

Appreciative of an actual thought-out post about IU instead of a stupid smilie or just and insult with no basis nor intelligence behind it.

 

I thought everyone was just posting in a way that IU fans could understand...

I don't like Indiana and Crean is awful, but I thoroughly enjoy watching James Blackmon play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.