Central/Corbin Last Plays

ftbll4life

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin fans claim it was a phantom facemask call to extend game followed by a pass that hit the ground to win it.

Pretty clear that for all the criticism of the officials that they absolutely nailed both plays at the end of the game. Very clear horsecollar and facemask on the Hail Mary and very clear reception on the TD.

Wow...Sportscenter worthy

Corbin fans claim it was a phantom facemask call to extend game followed by a pass that hit the ground to win it.

Pretty clear that for all the criticism of the officials that they absolutely nailed both plays at the end of the game. Very clear horsecollar and facemask on the Hail Mary and very clear reception on the TD.

Wow...Sportscenter worthy

I have not heard or seen where any Corbin fan disputed that penalty. No one I talked to last night or today had a problem with either call. Where did you hear this? Please tell me.:popcorn:

I could give you at least 5 or 6 heads scratching calls that occurred that all went Central's way that appeared to change the momentum of the game. The 2 plays on the final drive were not among them.

It's irrelevant now, Central won and they move on.

Never mind my post above. I see where you are referring to the penalty.

You don't have to look hard on the internet to find Corbin fans (or "non-partial fans" at the game) questioning that call.

To your point have not seen it on here though.

As spectacular as those two plays were, the key was the Penalty. Time ran out on the play (if I understand correctly) and that would have been the ball game. The defensive penalty allowed for an "untimed" down and the TD pass was thrown.

I wonder why the video has been changed.

In the original version, there were 4 views. Now there is only 3 views in the clip. The view from behind the offense, which really showed the facemask penalty, is now missing.

Why?

That could be as simple as someone checking/unchecking a box on Hudl. All 3 current videos show the penalty. Clearly tackled by the head. As for the catch in the endzone, it was low, could have touched the ground, but you don't see any of the Corbin players signaling no catch.

I can't believe they have 4 cameras. Do they all run off on signal to start and stop?

I wonder why the video has been changed. In the original version' date=' there were 4 views. Now there is only 3 views in the clip. The view from behind the offense, which really showed the facemask penalty, is now missing. Why?[/quote']

I saw nothing conclusive in the current videos.

That could be as simple as someone checking/unchecking a box on Hudl. All 3 current videos show the penalty. Clearly tackled by the head. As for the catch in the endzone, it was low, could have touched the ground, but you don't see any of the Corbin players signaling no catch.

I can't believe they have 4 cameras. Do they all run off on signal to start and stop?

Two angles were from Corbin Cameras and two angles were from Central Cameras. The highlight was made and posted by Central Coaching staff so if it was edited it had to be done by the Central Coaching staff.

Two angles were from Corbin Cameras and two angles were from Central Cameras. The highlight was made and posted by Central Coaching staff so if it was edited it had to be done by the Central Coaching staff.

not true. If the missing angle was shared by Corbin and then the sharing was discontinued it would be removed from the highlight.

I wonder why the video has been changed.

In the original version, there were 4 views. Now there is only 3 views in the clip. The view from behind the offense, which really showed the facemask penalty, is now missing.

Why?

That is a major mystery to me as well