Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2006 Cov Cath Football

Featured Replies

:laugh:

 

The ingredients are all in the kitchen at CCH.:thumb:

 

 

They have been for years Guru. What's been missing in your opinion?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been for years Guru. What's been missing in your opinion?

 

obviously...the cook !!:banana:

They have been for years Guru. What's been missing in your opinion?

 

The right cook on offense!

They have been for years Guru. What's been missing in your opinion?

Let's see, popular opinions:

 

1. Bad Coaching

2. Too much emphasis on Baseball

3. Terrible Offense

4. Too much emphasis on Basketball

5. Bad Coaching

6. Too many kids playing other sports

7. Not enough kids playing other sports

8. Bad Coaching

 

Take your pick -- we hear them all. :cool:

  • Author
Let's see, popular opinions:

 

1. Bad Coaching

2. Too much emphasis on Baseball

3. Terrible Offense

4. Too much emphasis on Basketball

5. Bad Coaching

6. Too many kids playing other sports

7. Not enough kids playing other sports

8. Bad Coaching

 

Take your pick -- we hear them all. :cool:

 

 

:laugh: Totally Agree

theguru must know about a few hundred undiscovered athletes roaming the halls in Park Hills.

 

There's always going to be a time when an "elite" program has a down period (see UK basketball '05-'06). CCH is in that right now, Highlands will be in a "down period" at one point or another. It's inevitable. Regardless CCH is still a top team in 3A year in and year out and a program based on a tradition of winning. And until further notice, the best "cook" for CCH just left in 2005. Staying on this whole cooking analogy (which I like), Rodenberg didn't exactly prove to be Emeril Lagasse in his debut season.

  • Author

NineOh

 

How could you expect more from coach Rodenberg I would like to see you do the things he did.

 

1. Take the team to playoffs

2. Come that late in the off season and still have a great program

3. Put in a whole new offense

4. Trying to take over a spot of a legend in the park hills area

 

Once I see you do these things better then he did I will accept your coments:argue:

First off, I'm the biggest CovCath supporter you'll find so I wasn't bashing CCH at all. Second of all, I'm glad to see you support your coach...Loyalty is a good thing to have.

 

1. Taking the team to the playoffs is no feat considering all you have to do is beat Grant County.

2. Rodenberg came in right around this time last year...in time for spring practice.

3. I have nothing against the offense...I like it.

4. I felt that he was overhyped...and too often, people were disrespecting Coach Ray.

 

I can't do better than Rodenberg...I'm in college. Accept my comments for the logic, if nothing else.

  • Author

I agree with your playoff comment. he didnt have any time with the players last year in the weightroom. And i guess he was so hyped up because of the things he did with his previous teams and it has been such a long time we have had a change of a coach

I agree with your playoff comment. he didnt have any time with the players last year in the weightroom. And i guess he was so hyped up because of the things he did with his previous teams and it has been such a long time we have had a change of a coach

 

 

Just what, exactly, has he done with his previous teams?

How many playoff appearances?

How many state championship appearances?

How many state championships?

 

He may have won some games--but he has a while to go before he is considered a mastermind.

  • Author

im not sure what he did with exactly but he turned a no name mcnick? highschool into a team that could compete

First off, I'm the biggest CovCath supporter you'll find so I wasn't bashing CCH at all. Second of all, I'm glad to see you support your coach...Loyalty is a good thing to have.

 

1. Taking the team to the playoffs is no feat considering all you have to do is beat Grant County.

2. Rodenberg came in right around this time last year...in time for spring practice.

3. I have nothing against the offense...I like it.

4. I felt that he was overhyped...and too often, people were disrespecting Coach Ray.

 

I can't do better than Rodenberg...I'm in college. Accept my comments for the logic, if nothing else.

:thumb: I'm not saying Coach Ray is perfect, but I wouldn't want to play under anyone else my highschool career.

Just what, exactly, has he done with his previous teams?

How many playoff appearances?

How many state championship appearances?

How many state championships?

 

He may have won some games--but he has a while to go before he is considered a mastermind.

In all fairness to him he took the no-name program of McNick and turned it into a very good program in Cincy, and IMO would be a powerhouse in many area's of this state. Not to mention he had to fight Moller for atheletes every year. Winning a state championship in Ohio is a lot different than in KY, although we are starting to catch up with them. Accept my comments as personal oppinion. :D

  • Author

I totally agree with your statements

NineOh

 

How could you expect more from coach rodenberg i would like to see you do the things he did.

 

1. Take the team to playoffs

2. Come that late in the off season and still have a great program

3. Put in a whole new offense

4. Trying to take over a spot of a legend in the park hills area

 

Once i see you do these things better then he did I will accepet your coments:argue:

 

MJK - welcome to the site. Always good to have a CCH supporter.

 

Take some advice. Don't let your emotions and affinities get in the way of logic. I'm not commenting one way or the other on Coach R. I'm simply referring to your "defenses" listed. The ONLY one that folks could say "hmm... maybe" is the offense. He had to tailor it to his qb and he probably still has a lot he still wants to install. It takes time.

 

Loyalty is a beautiful thing and I'm glad to see you support your coach. I'm guessing NineOh can appreciate that as well.

 

Again, welcome.

It's ironic that you posted that while quoting SANDman. I think CCH will do just fine. I hope CCH wins every game but one or two every year. ;)

 

Come on leave my name out of this. No sandbagging going on at CovCath. :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.